[USA] ToysRUs Instores: $25 off $100 LEGO Purchase

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[USA] ToysRUs Instores: $25 off $100 LEGO Purchase

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:12 pm

This week from January 13-19, Toys R Us United States will be offering $25 off regular-priced LEGO construction purchases of $100 or more. Excludes LEGO Technic and clearance. Offer available in-stores only.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/usa-toysrus-inst ... -purchase/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] ToysRUs Instores: $25 off $100 LEGO Purchase

Post by exciter1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:05 am

Yeah, I'll combine this with two $39.99 TMNT Baxter sets and another $20 item.

toyz4me
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by toyz4me » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:41 am

I wasn't able to. Called and was told there is no $25 off because they are "already" discounted!!!
Looked around the site, most Lego sets I want is marked as discounted ( back to SRP )

New gimmick from TRU?

On the bright side, SRP is good.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:44 am

It says in store only in the title-I am pretty sure their in store prices do not match the online prices.

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:16 pm

toyz4me wrote:I wasn't able to. Called and was told there is no $25 off because they are "already" discounted!!!
Looked around the site, most Lego sets I want is marked as discounted ( back to SRP )

New gimmick from TRU?

On the bright side, SRP is good.
RFLOL. This feel so surreal - I gotta laugh. :lol: :lol:

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:20 pm

pumbaugh , you hit the nail on the head.

If it wasn't for being broke, and the fact i have some bricklink porders to pay for, I'd utilize this sale to stockpile some chima polys!

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Sad part is this sale doesnt even bring some sets back to RRP.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:05 pm

They are supposed to match all TRU.com online prices, unless it is labeled "Hot Online Price". Otherwise, they are obligated to price match.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:38 pm

just got back from my local TRU picked up:
Chima Lennox Lion Attack ($27.99 msrp 24.99)
Chima Eris' Eagle Intercepter ($39.99 msrp 34.99)
Chima Leonidas' Jungle Dragster ($4.99 msrp 4.99)
Galaxy Squad Warp Stinger ($29.99 msrp 29.99)
All for a grand total of $68 after tax (used $15 in rewards points to stack with 25 off 100 promo) so it was like a total of 32% off real msrp.
So sometimes TRU doesn't suck you just gotta wait for the right times and do some creative stacking

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:04 pm

exciter1 wrote:They are supposed to match all TRU.com online prices, unless it is labeled "Hot Online Price". Otherwise, they are obligated to price match.
Yes, but the price match only happens after all promos/coupons etc are applied.The 25$ off 100 occurs first...then if you can find any further savings you could go haggle with the manage at the customer service desk....so good luck being able to find any additional savings. Their price match policy is quite clear with this. You may be able to find a few dollars savings with sets that are not too marked up, but good luck with that. Not worth the time for a couple dollars on $100 purchase imo.

mooslug
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mooslug » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:07 pm

This is a good time to grab some Galaxy Squad- my Toys R Us had them all at normal retail price, no markups.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:12 pm

kwkw wrote:just got back from my local TRU picked up:
All for a grand total of $68 after tax (used $15 in rewards points to stack with 25 off 100 promo) so it was like a total of 32% off real msrp.
So sometimes TRU doesn't suck you just gotta wait for the right times and do some creative stacking
Isn't it kinda fooling when you count in the rewards coupons? Once they are in your hand, aren't they more like cash than a coupon? So, $77.96 pre-tax, which is about 18% off MSRP of $94.96.

Though I suppose you can consider them as part of the big picture, as long as you don't also count them as part of the original deal that generated them to begin with.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:34 pm

tensor wrote:
Isn't it kinda fooling when you count in the rewards coupons? Once they are in your hand, aren't they more like cash than a coupon? So, $77.96 pre-tax, which is about 18% off MSRP of $94.96.

Though I suppose you can consider them as part of the big picture, as long as you don't also count them as part of the original deal that generated them to begin with.
I don't count them as cash since I can't use them anywhere else. I count everything that I didn't have to pay cash for as part of the deal. And before you say that I had to spend alot to get these reward points, I really didn't since these rewards are from my purchases and then reselling of Ninjago Lloyd Spinners and Mirkwood Elves which I made a nice profit on. I also used my TRU credit card to make these purchases so I got 4x the reward points and 10% cash back during Christmas. So these rewards were just free lego money that I cashed in at the right time.

vhn2dmd
Citizen
Citizen

Post by vhn2dmd » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:08 pm

kwkw wrote:
tensor wrote:

I don't count them as cash since I can't use them anywhere else. I count everything that I didn't have to pay cash for as part of the deal. And before you say that I had to spend alot to get these reward points, I really didn't since these rewards are from my purchases and then reselling of Ninjago Lloyd Spinners and Mirkwood Elves which I made a nice profit on. I also used my TRU credit card to make these purchases so I got 4x the reward points and 10% cash back during Christmas. So these rewards were just free lego money that I cashed in at the right time.
I'm going to have to agree with Tensor. It's silly to count the rewards towards the deal because it's saying I got 100% off when I used my $30 Target gift card at Target to get Mirkwood Spiders just because I can only use the Giftcard at Target.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:22 pm

vhn2dmd wrote:
kwkw wrote:
tensor wrote:

I'm going to have to agree with Tensor. It's silly to count the rewards towards the deal because it's saying I got 100% off when I used my $30 Target gift card at Target to get Mirkwood Spiders just because I can only use the Giftcard at Target.
Well either way I'm happy as I left TRU with a smile on my face and good discounts on some new sets so that's all that really matters :-D

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:37 pm

I like to go in with my TRU points coupons and purchase exactly what the total of the coupons are. I got a Ninjago video and monster fighters reader book. $14.98 - $15 in rewards coupons = free baby. The cashier was a bit peeved that it was free but my kids were excited. You know this world is changing when you are being judged by retail cashiers. :lol:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:35 pm

kwkw wrote:Well either way I'm happy as I left TRU with a smile on my face and good discounts on some new sets so that's all that really matters :-D
I agree!

auralgami
Peasant
Peasant

Post by auralgami » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:58 am

vhn2dmd wrote:I'm going to have to agree with Tensor. It's silly to count the rewards towards the deal because it's saying I got 100% off when I used my $30 Target gift card at Target to get Mirkwood Spiders just because I can only use the Giftcard at Target.
I look at it the same way kwkw does.

A Target gift card (1) never expires and (2) can be used on anything from Lego to everyday supplies or food without exception. They are almost as good as cash and there's no reason not to hold on to them for the very best possible deal.

Once upon a time, when the Rewards dollars were gift cards, it was different. Now they are coupons that expire relatively quickly. They're only good at TRU and there's a list of restrictions that makes them difficult to use -- for instance, no video game hardware or even video games. That's like a whole ineligible department. You can only use one per online order. And the "holiday" rewards are even more full of shenanigans -- some are valid for only certain weeks in January. As they stand now, they're little more than a shady way for the store to get you to make a visit, and if you don't combine them with some kind of sale, they're pretty much going to waste thanks to TRU's bizarro pricing.

So, I think this kind of deal is the perfect one that lets you maximize their use. Use the sale to bring it down to MSRP and use the Rewards to bring it to a decent sale price that you otherwise can't normally get.

Howeesp
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Howeesp » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:57 pm

^^^ i'm on the same boat

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 am

On Saturday the 12th I rushed to use my Rewards before the $20 off $100 expired. Now I feel stoooopid. Anyway it still worked out fairly well. As for whether or not Rewards can be factored into final savings, I earned $30 back all during the BOGO50 in Nov, so if you're gonna spend money get the perks to go with it!

In the end I got
4 Speedorz $16.99 ea for $12.15 ea
Chi Battles $21.99 for $15.74
Speedor Tournament $32.99 for $23.57

So roughly $122 TRU / $109 RRP for $88, which is about 20% off.