[USA] Walmart Clearance Sale

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: [USA] Walmart Clearance Sale

Post by atmail35 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:14 pm

I went to WM today and all I found in "clearance" with a red sticker was a Vampire Hearse for $34.97, wait that is msrp! :???: :shock: :lol:no

I did find 6862: Superman Vs Power Armor for $17 and Quinjet for $55. :eh: I was more excited about finding Breyers Ice cream for $2.97 ;-)

Athos
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Athos » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:23 pm

You must have been at the same Walmart that I was.

Steve

Slickson
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Slickson » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:29 pm

Maybe I was there also ... I saw Quinjet, hearse, City Mine, and Ghost train. They all rang up MSRP!

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:54 pm

atmail35 wrote:I went to WM today and all I found in "clearance" with a red sticker was a Vampire Hearse for $34.97, wait that is msrp! :???: :shock: :lol:no

I did find 6862: Superman Vs Power Armor for $17 and Quinjet for $55. :eh: I was more excited about finding Breyers Ice cream for $2.97 ;-)
For some reason, I always run into Hearses for just around 30% off at different Walmart locations.

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BrickFan1982 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:16 am

willy431 wrote:Get the walmart app for your phone--it has a built in scanner.
yeah, that app is a big help... however I scanned a couple of items inside the store and it read :Item not sold in store" I went to a far away scanner and they rang up regular msrp. But I still got my Quinjet and Breakout sets

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:27 pm

Same thing at my Walmarts. Lego sets in the clearance aisle for regular price. Other clearance toys that are still at msrp that have been sitting there for years and years. Unkempt aisles and no organization. I don't know why I keep stopping in these stores when I only get 2 or 3 good deals a year. It must be nice to be Walmart and be totally inept and 70% of the country still shops there because of some cheap deals here and there.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:02 pm

I find Walmart to be only pennies lower than Target, except Targets clearances tend to be better, and the shopping experience at Target is far better. Walmart is always mess and has no help, and way ruder customers.

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:55 pm

Out here in my neck of the woods I've been seeing sets clearanced very YMMV. At one Walmart I saw one Goblin King red-tagged for $50.00 on the clearance shelf among at least a half-dozen other large-box sets still at MSRP. A week later at another there was a lone City "The Mine" set red-tagged for $50.00 on the clearance shelf right next to a Ninjago Epic Dragon at MSRP. Then went back today and found a Jabba's Palace for $95.96 next to the Epic Dragon.

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BrickFan1982 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:58 pm

WalMart San Luis, AZ
2 Hulk's Helicarrier Breakout $10 ea
2 Batcave $40 ea

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:16 pm

elfabulosomicho wrote:WalMart San Luis, AZ
2 Batcave $40 ea
Thought I was the only AFOL that had ever been to that WM!

King

carlvjack
I'm New !

Post by carlvjack » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:11 am

I have never had luck finding clearance items except the one time I found the Lego City Bank and Money transfer on clearance for 10 dollars at Target. I bought it thinking it might be nice to have and now that I built it I wish I bought an extra one to make a bigger building....

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BrickFan1982 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:00 pm

King wrote:
elfabulosomicho wrote:WalMart San Luis, AZ
2 Batcave $40 ea
Thought I was the only AFOL that had ever been to that WM!

King
Nice... I'm form Yuma

flpanthers1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by flpanthers1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:45 am

Anyone still use the WalMart app for seeing the price changes of Legos in the selected store? There was a time when I had a huge Lego Wish List in the WalMart app, and I would then individually select each WalMart in my area to see what the stores had priced each set. Most WalMart's always had different prices, and it was an easy way to see what was on sale before driving to each store to see what deals were at each store. If you found a set you liked for a price you liked, and if the set was marked "In Stock," you would then have to go to the store, and hopefully find the set. The app was great for not driving to 10 WalMart's. However, over the past couple months it seems my "list" of Lego sets prices have not changed from store to store. Each store ALWAYS had a few differently priced sets as each WalMArt is managed differently. I am thinking people were upset when they looked up an item in the store that said it was stocked, and when they arrived at the store they gave a lot of grief to the employees about not having the item on the store floor. This is only an assumption, but I would not be surprised. The app was great for shopping from home to see the new price changes or deals. Any thoughts on what happened to this app?

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:06 pm

I asked a toy department manager about it and she said that the app was only updated every few weeks which could be why items shown in stock never are.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi, flpanthers1,
I use the app to see what prices items are in certain Walmart stores, and have even gotten TRU to match some of the prices. Sometimes they'll call the stores to see if the item is in stock, but mostly, it is so difficult to find anyone at Walmart that knows anything, they give up on the call and give me the price match.

Little3piggies
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Little3piggies » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:00 pm

I was wondering the same thing flpanthers1... The exact same situation is occuring on my walmart app too, it totally STINKS.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:03 am

flpanthers1 wrote:Anyone still use the WalMart app for seeing the price changes of Legos in the selected store? There was a time when I had a huge Lego Wish List in the WalMart app, and I would then individually select each WalMart in my area to see what the stores had priced each set. Most WalMart's always had different prices, and it was an easy way to see what was on sale before driving to each store to see what deals were at each store. If you found a set you liked for a price you liked, and if the set was marked "In Stock," you would then have to go to the store, and hopefully find the set. The app was great for not driving to 10 WalMart's. However, over the past couple months it seems my "list" of Lego sets prices have not changed from store to store. Each store ALWAYS had a few differently priced sets as each WalMArt is managed differently. I am thinking people were upset when they looked up an item in the store that said it was stocked, and when they arrived at the store they gave a lot of grief to the employees about not having the item on the store floor. This is only an assumption, but I would not be surprised. The app was great for shopping from home to see the new price changes or deals. Any thoughts on what happened to this app?
The app has sucked fro about a year now. Mine doesn't even update the prices between stores. I have to scan the bar code every time in order to see the most current price in store. I can't use my app's list function anymore because when I change stores prices remain the original price I scanned it for in the original store when I put it in my list. Sucks badly!!

flpanthers1
Peasant
Peasant

Post by flpanthers1 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:32 am

OK, so it's not just me. It was so nice when it worked, and updated the prices from day to day. i could wake up in the morning, and go through all the stores to see what sets were on sale from the comfort of my bed. Of course once I got to the store it was a matter of physically finding the sets, but at least I had a mission. ha ha. Hopefully WalMart will get it together with the app, but who knows. I miss those features. :(

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:19 am

flpanthers1 wrote:Anyone still use the WalMart app for seeing the price changes of Legos in the selected store? There was a time when I had a huge Lego Wish List in the WalMart app, and I would then individually select each WalMart in my area to see what the stores had priced each set. Most WalMart's always had different prices, and it was an easy way to see what was on sale before driving to each store to see what deals were at each store. If you found a set you liked for a price you liked, and if the set was marked "In Stock," you would then have to go to the store, and hopefully find the set. The app was great for not driving to 10 WalMart's. However, over the past couple months it seems my "list" of Lego sets prices have not changed from store to store. Each store ALWAYS had a few differently priced sets as each WalMArt is managed differently. I am thinking people were upset when they looked up an item in the store that said it was stocked, and when they arrived at the store they gave a lot of grief to the employees about not having the item on the store floor. This is only an assumption, but I would not be surprised. The app was great for shopping from home to see the new price changes or deals. Any thoughts on what happened to this app?
Mine was working until yesterday when I decided to update the app to the latest version...

RobertDD
Peasant
Peasant

Post by RobertDD » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Nope, the app doesn't work for me anymore like that either.