[USA] Walmart Clearance Sale

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Walmart Clearance Sale

Post by beartrapper25 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:22 am

A $79 Jabba set sounds amazing to me. I wish I could find something like that near me.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:49 am

I think there are a few folks who've found Jabba's Palace at Target clearanced a little cheaper, but they are few and far between. Most who see it at $79 jump on it. I have 2, but I'm tempted to get another.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:53 am

exciter1 wrote:I'll have to scan the Ultra Sonic Raider the next time I'm in there. Ours still has 3 Jabba's Palace sets at $79 and plenty of Quinjets at $49 and Mines of Moria at $54.
Darn - still waiting for the quinjets to be half off, so I can bug you for help so I don't have to fly out to Ohio. :)

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:38 pm

Both Jabba's Palace and Mines of Moria are popular sets from popular themes and a 30% discount is still really good. If you don't mind waiting till June or July to see if they get any cheaper, buy now and keep it sealed. If it does get cheaper in summer you can always return or exchange this one, just be sure to keep your receipt! I sometimes do that and just tape the receipt to the box so I don't lose it and I remember which set goes to which store (Target or Wallys). I would love to see a Jabba's at even 30%. I did get a Mines of Moria for $54, but I do plan on keeping it on the shelf until after the summer clearace, cause that one may get cheaper at EOL, but Jabba's Palace may not get cheaper at all. I missed out on the MF because I was waiting for a bigger price drop than 30% but it never happened cause they all got snapped up when they hit $99, don't want to make that mistake again!

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:37 pm

I grabbed another Jabba set today. That's it, no more...

bryceejones
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bryceejones » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Hit up a walmart today that had 4 MF, 6 Ghost Trains, about 10 Tie Fighters, a number of Werewolf MF sets, and several other sets in the clearance section.

Only bad thing, was they were all at regular retail price. After this same wally world had the Ghost Trains at $54 just last week.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:29 pm

bryceejones wrote:Hit up a walmart today that had 4 MF, 6 Ghost Trains, about 10 Tie Fighters, a number of Werewolf MF sets, and several other sets in the clearance section.

Only bad thing, was they were all at regular retail price. After this same wally world had the Ghost Trains at $54 just last week.
I believe these are all in the new reset. I was in a WM the other day that was re-setting the lego isle and noticed all of these sets on the papers they had taped to the shelves. When I saw the MF I ran home and got online to see if I could order them at the 99bucks for in store pickup, they had it but the price was back up to 140. Bummer.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:07 am

Yes, I checked Walmart this morning and they are resetting, so for those who haven't checked their Walmarts, look for their reset sheets and see which sets might be added. But, I haven't found much this time around.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:40 am

I drove out to Wheeling, IL today mostly to see if the Target there had anything (they didn't), but was really surprised to discover that the Walmart across the street was just starting a massive winter clearance (now that I read the above posts, perhaps it was in connection with resetting the toy section - that section certainly had more LEGO there than previously).

This particular Walmart doesn't seem to follow the same clearance schedule of the other stores and I've never found anything really noteworthy there before today (a small Dino or PotC set) - I spent all summer checking periodically to see if they had clearanced HP 4867 Hogwarts (the add-on set) which they hadn't - until today. For anyone in the area, this is what I LEFT on the shelves:

City Police Station $49.99 (there were 2-3)
AC Alien Abduction (sorry, I don't remember the price on this, but it was heavily discounted)
AC Jet-Copter $19.50 (I picked one up for my son, but there were still a bunch there)
SW Geonesian Starfighter $12.00 (I bought most of them, but there are a couple left)
SW Bounty Assault - it was marked at $44.99 - I don't know if there were going to be further discounts on that or not (there were a bunch of them there)
HF Scorpio $13.00
Creator Dino (T-Rex? I don't know what it's called) $13.00
HF Splitface $6.00

This was all in the garden center. There was also the usual clearance area right outside the garden center, which had Quinjet for $69.99 (??? I didn't ask an employee to scan it - maybe it would be worth it?) a couple MF sets which also didn't seem discounted and a lone clearly re-sealed Attack on Weathertop for $40.00 that I remember seeing there at the end of December.

Now, I have never had the good fortune to be in the right time at the right place for a big haul, so I hope you don't mind if I tell you what I found and bought:

HP 4867 Hogwarts (smaller castle add-on) $20.00
Ninjago Destiny's Bounty $34.50
Ninjago Cole's Tread Assault $19.50
SW Republic Frigate $49.99
SW Sith Infiltrator $27.00
SW Geonesian Starfighter $12.00
PotC The Mill $20.00
AC Jet-Copter $19.50
City Police Dog and Van $17.00
HF Black Phantom $9.50
Batman Ultrabuild $7.00

I had big plans to check several area Targets today, but, really, I think I'm done... Oh, and if you are planning on stopping by, I would go soon. One gentlemen saw my cart and went straight for the clearance area - although, mostly, I just received odd looks (and one employee tried to take my cart away thinking it was all inventory from the back room he was supposed to put on the shelves).

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:40 pm

Nice job! One of my Wal-Mart stores has a Geonosian Starfighter that's been marked down to $12 since 12/26. It's in good shape too and still there.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:44 pm

exciter1 wrote:Nice job! One of my Wal-Mart stores has a Geonosian Starfighter that's been marked down to $12 since 12/26. It's in good shape too and still there.
I have to admit - I bought the Geonosian Starfighter mostly for birthday gifts. It was a sad, sad day when I finally realized my son was simply never going to be as interested in Star Wars as I was as a kid (although he loves the Advent calendars, go figure).

His final word, upon watching "The Trouble with Tribbles" for the first time: "Mom, I think I like Star Trek a lot more than Star Wars." (Of course, I like Star Trek, too... If only LEGO had that license...)

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by flash0222 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Stopped by my local Walmart on the way home for a couple other small things. Saw that the Lego aisle had been re-stocked, so I wandered to to clearance section.

4202 for $10 each :)

I scooped 8 up (they had 2 more)

$10 for 269 pieces seems like a sweet deal to me. (only problem was they rang up at $17 and had to get a supervisor to over-ride, but otherwise ok)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Penguinomf
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Penguinomf » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:30 pm

Does Walmart ever do any additional X% off of clearance like Kmart does? My store has a bunch of sets that have a low % off now (if any) and are not selling but there some sets that I would get if they had additional 50% off.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:21 pm

flash0222 wrote:Stopped by my local Walmart on the way home for a couple other small things. Saw that the Lego aisle had been re-stocked, so I wandered to to clearance section.

$10 for 269 pieces seems like a sweet deal to me. (only problem was they rang up at $17 and had to get a supervisor to over-ride, but otherwise ok)
Very nice!

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:09 pm

flash0222 wrote:Stopped by my local Walmart on the way home for a couple other small things. Saw that the Lego aisle had been re-stocked, so I wandered to to clearance section.

Why was it $10?

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by flash0222 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 pm

It never really occurred to me find a manager and ask them why they put the set on sale...

Seriously, the set was heavily discounted, so I picked them up

staffmark
Citizen
Citizen

Post by staffmark » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:50 pm

melsig wrote:I drove out to Wheeling, IL today mostly to see if the Target there had anything (they didn't), but was really surprised to discover that the Walmart across the street was just starting a massive winter clearance (now that I read the above posts, perhaps it was in connection with resetting the toy section - that section certainly had more LEGO there than previously).

This particular Walmart doesn't seem to follow the same clearance schedule of the other stores and I've never found anything really noteworthy there before today (a small Dino or PotC set) - I spent all summer checking periodically to see if they had clearanced HP 4867 Hogwarts (the add-on set) which they hadn't - until today. For anyone in the area, this is what I LEFT on the shelves:

City Police Station $49.99 (there were 2-3)
AC Alien Abduction (sorry, I don't remember the price on this, but it was heavily discounted)
AC Jet-Copter $19.50 (I picked one up for my son, but there were still a bunch there)
SW Geonesian Starfighter $12.00 (I bought most of them, but there are a couple left)
SW Bounty Assault - it was marked at $44.99 - I don't know if there were going to be further discounts on that or not (there were a bunch of them there)
HF Scorpio $13.00
Creator Dino (T-Rex? I don't know what it's called) $13.00
HF Splitface $6.00

This was all in the garden center. There was also the usual clearance area right outside the garden center, which had Quinjet for $69.99 (??? I didn't ask an employee to scan it - maybe it would be worth it?) a couple MF sets which also didn't seem discounted and a lone clearly re-sealed Attack on Weathertop for $40.00 that I remember seeing there at the end of December.

Now, I have never had the good fortune to be in the right time at the right place for a big haul, so I hope you don't mind if I tell you what I found and bought:

HP 4867 Hogwarts (smaller castle add-on) $20.00
Ninjago Destiny's Bounty $34.50
Ninjago Cole's Tread Assault $19.50
SW Republic Frigate $49.99
SW Sith Infiltrator $27.00
SW Geonesian Starfighter $12.00
PotC The Mill $20.00
AC Jet-Copter $19.50
City Police Dog and Van $17.00
HF Black Phantom $9.50
Batman Ultrabuild $7.00

I had big plans to check several area Targets today, but, really, I think I'm done... Oh, and if you are planning on stopping by, I would go soon. One gentlemen saw my cart and went straight for the clearance area - although, mostly, I just received odd looks (and one employee tried to take my cart away thinking it was all inventory from the back room he was supposed to put on the shelves).
You got all that...in the CHICAGO SUBURBS? Thought you had to live in Iowa to see that- amazing! I still have yet to ever see a Lego set in the flesh that is marked down more than 30% in my life in our area (I'm around Schaumburg). Good for you!

Galahad2309
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Galahad2309 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:39 am

Still some stuff to be found out there. Picked up a Gungan sub set for $30 yesterday. It was full price Monday in the Lego section and they dropped the price to $30 on Tuesday and moved them to the clearance aisle...

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:21 am

That's a killer score! Too bad the LA WMTs are cleaned out. :(

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 am

staffmark wrote:
You got all that...in the CHICAGO SUBURBS? Thought you had to live in Iowa to see that- amazing! I still have yet to ever see a Lego set in the flesh that is marked down more than 30% in my life in our area (I'm around Schaumburg). Good for you!
I know, right?? Usually, three sets at one store make a big haul for me. I figure it's a once in a lifetime event around here. Right place, right time. :-D