[USA] Walmart Clearance Sale

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Walmart Clearance Sale

Post by Gooker1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 am

YuhaoLu wrote:Went to a Walmart close to house. Requested to do price match but was told WE DON'T DO PRICE MATCH WITH OUR OWN STORES. Ya right. You only price match those with higher price like TRU. Sucker!
This might require some legwork, but purchase it at the regular price, and then just return it at the store w/ the clearance and then buy it back. ;)

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:03 pm

marcusloignon wrote:I also found a few returns at Walmart yesterday. One Dump Truck $9.50 and one Black Friday Lego door buster assorted bricks for $9.50. So keep looking the next week or so for items people are bringing back.
Found another Dump Truck at the same Walmart today....it still had a little wrapping paper and tape on it. :-D

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:35 am

Gooker1 wrote:
YuhaoLu wrote:Went to a Walmart close to house. Requested to do price match but was told WE DON'T DO PRICE MATCH WITH OUR OWN STORES. Ya right. You only price match those with higher price like TRU. Sucker!
This might require some legwork, but purchase it at the regular price, and then just return it at the store w/ the clearance and then buy it back. ;)
I have thought about it, but my understanding is you can't do a immediate rebuy. Have to wait until it is restocked.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:25 am

octick wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
I have thought about it, but my understanding is you can't do a immediate rebuy. Have to wait until it is restocked.
That's true for Targets, but I've never had a problem w/ doing it at Wal Mart.

Cara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cara » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 pm

Found this Unexpected Gathering for $40 today, I did buy it however for those of you that ask for the photo:

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Very nice!

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:43 pm

is that a rollback tag or a clearance tag?

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Great find on the Unexpected Gathering!

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Found 3 uruk army sets for $21 at one WM and got them. Another WM has 2 Podracer sets for 34.50 and Several Friends Butterfly Beauty shop for $17. Left all those tho. Be glad to buy them for anyone for cost plus shipping.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:26 am

Gooker1 wrote:
octick wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
How many times have you done this?

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:37 am

prozac wrote:Found 3 uruk army sets for $21 at one WM and got them. Another WM has 2 Podracer sets for 34.50 and Several Friends Butterfly Beauty shop for $17. Left all those tho. Be glad to buy them for anyone for cost plus shipping.
PM Sent. Thanks for the offer.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:33 pm

octick wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
octick wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
Done it twice at Wal Mart and once at Target. Once Target told me about their policy, it was too much work.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:24 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
octick wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
octick wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:
Done it twice at Wal Mart and once at Target. Once Target told me about their policy, it was too much work.
When it all comes down to it, the final decision comes down on the managers. But their policy do say that they do not price match themselves.

Galahad2309
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Galahad2309 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:53 pm

Found a single Quinjet set for $25 and bought it right away. All the other Walmart around me still have it for MSRP.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Awesome!

ATXHusker
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ATXHusker » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:34 am

One store in Austin has 5 of the Ghost Trains at $54.00. Not too bad but not 1/2 off so I left them.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:23 am

ATXHusker wrote:One store in Austin has 5 of the Ghost Trains at $54.00. Not too bad but not 1/2 off so I left them.

Monster fighters is tricky. You may not see them hit the 50% mark so its a gamble. I got a few at $54 just in case they never make it to the half off.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:17 am

Yeah, I agree, Anakin. I missed out on the Vampire Castle. I managed to get one Zombies when Target had it at $30. So I made sure I picked up a couple Trains at $54 also.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:22 pm

Couldn't help myself, I went ahead and picked up a the SH Quinjet set for $49 today.

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:12 pm

got the republic frigate for 49.50 today!