[USA] Walmart Clearance Sale

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
scandell
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [USA] Walmart Clearance Sale

Post by scandell » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:34 am

I cleared out Payson and Mesquite on my road trip up from LA.

Thundarr
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Thundarr » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:19 am

Oh yeah Payson is way South of me and very rural. Good stuff can usually be had there but I didn't want to spend that much gas just to see. Congrats on your haul.

salty tbone
I'm New !

Post by salty tbone » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:43 am

I had some good luck last night finding sets that must have been returns or pulled from the back. One Walmart that was pretty much cleaned out on the 26th had a couple Republic Frigates and some other sets. Luckily the taped signs were gone so the clearance wasn't obvious. Nothing like stopping for milk and then spending a bunch more money on Lego.

I stopped at a second Walmart on the way home and the Lego aisle is barren. There's a total of 10 boxes including the SW planet things and two ripped open Spongebob sets. It's kind of sad.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:17 am

These must have been Christmas present returns, so I snagged them this morning:

Dino Triceratops Trapper (5885) $24.50 reg. $49.97
Ninjago Jay's Storm Fighter (9442) - $12.00 reg. $24.97

zjygkmatt
Peasant
Peasant

Post by zjygkmatt » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Found some last night, got The Mummy X2 -$7.00 each, The Swamp Creature - $5.00 each and a Gandalf Arrives for $9.00.

Nothing crazy, but I couldn't spend too much.

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Over the last 4 days I hit about 10 or so Walmarts. Quite a few were completely cleaned out or had no clearance, but did get a bunch of stuff on Thursday & Friday.
My haul (all at 50% or more off)
series 8 minifigures $1 city, ninjago & star wars polybags $1.50
City ambulance, harbor, recycle truck, mining dump truck, space shuttle, moon buggy, fire atv and car & caravan.
Dino defense HQ & tower takedown
Ninjago Fangpyre truck ambush & Cole tread assault
Star Wars Luke's landspeeder (finally!), V-wing starfighter, sith nightspeeder, clone & mandalorian battle packs.
Hero factory Voltix, XT4, Stringer, Evo, Bulk, Breeze, Surge & Nex
and a Bionicle Atakus ??? for $5. Where has this been hiding?
It seemed way more cleared out this year than last. I remember some of the Walmarts had close to a hundred Freeco speeders, Nuckal ATVs and loads of other stuff for weeks after Christmas. Either more people are bargain hunting or Walmart is not ordering as much of these as they used to in this area.
There were also quite a few larger sets at 30% off including the Malevolence & Jabba's palace for $79 but just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:20 pm

I finally bagged a sith night speeder for 12 and could have gotten more but I only had a 20 with me.

My Walmart still semi stocked. Hopefully can get some more this week.

scandell
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by scandell » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:33 pm

I am looking for a jabbas palace and a black pearl. Seem pic of my haul above so we can work out a trade!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:33 pm

Hit up 3 WM's in Washington state. Absolutely nothing. The aisle were bare. The only sets I found with the red clearance stickers on them were Minotaurus, Ultrabuild Joker, and City & SW Advent calendars.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:01 am

I was still able to find a couple sets on clearance yesterday. There were still a few Sith Nightspeeders and Ewok Attack. Everything else was cleaned out. None of the items I found were marked as clearance.

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:57 am

I also found a few returns at Walmart yesterday. One Dump Truck $9.50 and one Black Friday Lego door buster assorted bricks for $9.50. So keep looking the next week or so for items people are bringing back.
Last edited by marcusloignon on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:13 am

Here is my Dec 26 Walmart haul.....it should hold me over until the summer clearance, I hope
DSC01616-1.jpg
. :-D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bufsabres1
I'm New !

Post by bufsabres1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:59 am

Found sort & store heads today for $17

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:09 am

marcusloignon wrote:Here is my Dec 26 Walmart haul.....it should hold me over until the summer clearance, I hope
DSC01616-1.jpg
Very nice haul, you did well...

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:32 pm

marcusloignon wrote:Here is my Dec 26 Walmart haul.....it should hold me over until the summer clearance, I hope
DSC01616-1.jpg
How many Atlanta walmarts did you clean out?

staffmark
Citizen
Citizen

Post by staffmark » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Had to make some returns at Walmart today, and the guy standing behind me with his little guy was returning a Destiny's Bounty. I politely asked the sales clerk for the item after his return; it wouldn't scan to give me a price. I headed over to the clearance aisle and asked the guy working there on the price; it rang up a full $79 for him, but after my claims "it should be discounted", I got him to discount it 50%! Woo hoo!

moral of the story- if by chance you see an EOL'd set this time of year at your walmart, there's a good chance that it is no longer even in their system (as was the case here), and then they theoretically can give it to you for any price they want (at least that's what the manager told me). It never hurts to ask- give it a shot !

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:11 pm

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all early posters who provided a list of items they found on sale. I had house guests this year and couldn't shop the stores on the 26th, but I did manage to find a few things later on and knowing what to scan was a huge help.

I had some errands to run this afternoon, and decided to visit an area Walmart (Wheeling) - nothing discounted was on the LEGO shelves except an Attack on Weathertop that had been opened and re-sealed, but I did find a Pteranadon Tower on top of a cart full of returned toys, and found a couple HP Hogwarts Games for 50% off in the games section. I also found a lone MF Zombies for 30% off ($27.96) at the Target across the street, although the Target really didn't have anything else. It certainly made the trip worthwhile, though. :-D

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:26 pm

I always think it is good to share your finds, so other folks know what to look for.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:58 pm

Great finds, Staff, and Mel... congrats on those :)

Evidently no one around here ever returns sets after xmas... But I keep checking !

Finally found an Urak-Hai in a Target this afternoon, but it rang up at regular price, instead of 20.98 :(

At least there were plenty of deals to be had last week!

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:48 pm

The-Daryl wrote:Great finds, Staff, and Mel... congrats on those :)

Evidently no one around here ever returns sets after xmas... But I keep checking !

Finally found an Urak-Hai in a Target this afternoon, but it rang up at regular price, instead of 20.98 :(

At least there were plenty of deals to be had last week!
I also found some Target returns today and they rang up full price. :sad: