[US/CA] LEGO Shop Year End Sale 2012

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

[US/CA] LEGO Shop Year End Sale 2012

Post by UnknownUser » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:34 am

This year, LEGO Shop at Home North America (USA | Canada) will be offering the following LEGO deals for their Year End/Post-Christmas sale. Sale starts on December 25th at 0:00am EST (Dec 24 at 9pm PST)

LEGO Year End Sale
  • Starts at 0:00am EST December 25 / 9pm PST December 24th
  • All items listed below will be available for 20% off, while supplies last
  • Anything highlighted in Yellow is NOT available in Canada
  • USA Sales & Deals | Canada Sales & Deals

tensor
Knight
Knight

Re: S@H post-Xmas 20% off sale

Post by tensor » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 pm

I'm not happy with this pattern for 2012:

May the Fourth - Lame
Black Friday - Lame
After XMas - Inexcusably lame

Lego, you have managed to marginalize and neuter the three times of the year I really looked forward to with you.

Shame on you.

MitchMitchem
Citizen
Citizen

Post by MitchMitchem » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:49 pm

The list is lacking any of the "bigger" sets...I'm hoping that the stores will have a bit more.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Why is it that year after year they pad their list of whats on sale with items that are sold out? Sure there is a chance your local LEGO store might have it but is it worth all the effort to you guys for 20%? Also I seem to remember that a few years ago we they usually had a few sets at 50% off - even SW. Is that an in-store only thing?

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:21 pm

I find the lack of discount disturbing...(breath heavy like Vader)
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Not even the Winter Village sets on sale this year? Last year they put them on sale on Boxing Day. Wow. I hope in-store it's better than that.

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:32 pm

As far as buying lego sets, S&H is usually my last resort. Sales are usually pathetic, I have to pay tax, and usually shipping. When they do have free shipping, you usually have to spend $99. They definitely dropped the ball this year.

doncajun
I'm New !

Re: [US/CA] LEGO Shop Boxing Day Sale 2012

Post by doncajun » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Why should they discount product that is selling at regular price? LEGO isn't a sleepy little hobby anymore, it's one of the most popular toys on the market and it moves without any discount incentive nowadays. Yeah, we're all spoiled from how things used to be, but things change, and so has the popularity of LEGO products. You all really should have seen this coming - just look at the LEGO aisle in any store right now.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:10 pm

50% off City stickers and dictionary. I guess those aren't selling as good.

Even TRU don't seem to be discounting as deep as in past years. :-(

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:52 pm

My first after Christmas sale after coming out of my dark age is looking like a big disappointment (just like Black Friday).... please Walmart and Target make me feel better :/

marcusloignon
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by marcusloignon » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:21 pm

kwkw wrote:My first after Christmas sale after coming out of my dark age is looking like a big disappointment (just like Black Friday).... please Walmart and Target make me feel better :/
I am starting to worry that Wal-mart and Target are not going to have good sales either. :???:

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:41 pm

Can anyone confirm that there will be no free shipping with this sale? If so, the 20% off really only covers the shipping charges - in other words, do they really expect to sell anything at all?
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:09 pm

harry99 wrote:Can anyone confirm that there will be no free shipping with this sale? If so, the 20% off really only covers the shipping charges - in other words, do they really expect to sell anything at all?
Looks like business is booming for Lego if the best they have to do is 20% off clearance after Christmas.

bee
Peasant
Peasant

Post by bee » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:19 pm

Is it possible that pricing will or can be different in stores? Or is this all we have to work with?

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:28 pm

^ The only thing that will likely be different in stores is that you might get a scratch card - but I don't know if that's just limited to Canada.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

hikari
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hikari » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:56 pm

Some bigger sets are included in the list, but all of them are sold out. Why bother to list them?

mshiels
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mshiels » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Pretty sure they list any item, that is in stock (or might be mis-counted even) at any location of a LEGO store. Makes for a bigger list, but usually not alot of fun to find the stuff.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:32 pm

peanut wrote:Why is it that year after year they pad their list of whats on sale with items that are sold out? Sure there is a chance your local LEGO store might have it but is it worth all the effort to you guys for 20%? Also I seem to remember that a few years ago we they usually had a few sets at 50% off - even SW. Is that an in-store only thing?
hikari wrote:Some bigger sets are included in the list, but all of them are sold out. Why bother to list them?
I believe they created the sales list weeks ago. We've got the list last week and some of the items were still instock.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:47 pm

kwkw wrote:
harry99 wrote:Can anyone confirm that there will be no free shipping with this sale? If so, the 20% off really only covers the shipping charges - in other words, do they really expect to sell anything at all?
Looks like business is booming for Lego if the best they have to do is 20% off clearance after Christmas.
Max Power wrote:As far as buying lego sets, S&H is usually my last resort. Sales are usually pathetic, I have to pay tax, and usually shipping. When they do have free shipping, you usually have to spend $99. They definitely dropped the ball this year.
Not surprising...when I went to get my set of Series 9 minifigures at the Lego Store Fairview Mall location in Toronto back on Friday, I saw plenty of parents or other adults buying sets (not just small ones, but even the really large ones) at full price when they could be had for cheaper on the European Amazon sites, or can be bought on sale elsewhere. The target I guess is for adults/parents who are less educated on Lego and don't have the time to go and research/look for the best deal around. I mainly only go to any Lego Brand Stores only to buy he minifigures early when they first come out to try and get my full set and also to get VIP points. When the minifigures for each series come out, they're all the same price everywhere basically so I might as well try and get some points. Otherwise, I don't really go to any of the Lego Stores unless I were to be visiting in the US, where I can use the VIP point saved up in Canada on US retail prices.

I was originally planning on lining up for the Lego Store this time around for Boxing Day, again hoping to grab the newest set from the series of Winter Village things they've been coming out with (the Cottage this time) for 20% off since they had the Winter Post Office for 20% off last year. Last year, I didn't even need to go early to be able to pick up the Winter Post Office on sale...they had plenty of them. I missed out on whatever else sale they had but the Post Office was the only one I wanted from last year's sale. Looks like that isn't happening this year...so maybe I need to rethink where I'll be going for Boxing Day...

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:52 am

We could just retitle this thread "20% off DINO and Naboo Starfighter" and save everyone a lot of squinting.