I think the Target Winter clearance has started...

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
exciter1
Knight
Knight

Re: I think the Target Winter clearance has started...

Post by exciter1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:11 pm

Picked up a LOTR Mines of Moria for $39.98 and a Forest Police Station for $55.98 at two different Target stores. I made a little road trip today.

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:14 am

exciter1 wrote:Picked up a LOTR Mines of Moria for $39.98 and a Forest Police Station for $55.98 at two different Target stores. I made a little road trip today.
Lucky! Forest Police Station for $56 is one thing, but holy crud, Mines of Moria for $40? That's awesome! :eek:

ATXHusker
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ATXHusker » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Found the Geonosin fighter today in Austin for $14.98 (1/2 off). A couple other sets were 30% off but only got the fighter. Slim pickings.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Last week I found a Vampyre's Castle for $69.99. There were two and I went back two days later to see if there were further markdowns and it was gone. The seals looked kind of stetchy so I opened the set when I got home and it appears to have everything. I thought it might be a nice Halloween decoration along with the HH.

Other than that this Target (Braintree, MA) is still holding at 30% off only on the MF Mummy set as of yesterday.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:23 am

My local Target was resetting the entire toy section this morning... The LEGO shelves (that in the past have always been where they used to be) shifted over from one aisle to the other; funny how much that threw me off. :lol:

There was lots of new 2013 stuff in-stock, and it looks like they've been digging up more clearance items that weren't around last week: I found a 4434 - Dump Truck for 50% off and 9441 - Kai's Blade Cycle for 33% off.

m19

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:28 am

I found a Fangpyre Truck Ambush and Mia's Puppy House, both for 30% off today, but that was it. A few items were being marked down from 30% to 50% in the toy section today, but no LEGO (not that there was really anything to mark down, anyway).

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:06 pm

There are 30 Breez 3.0's at 50% off and 10 SW Advents at 30% off at the Target in Richmond, CA on Macdonald. Other than that, the ones I've visited in the SF Bay Area are dry. I actively collect HF parts for MOCing, but Breez 3.0 is such a terrible set even for parts. The white beams are the only rare part, and there are so few other white HF parts, it's not a very useful color. Maybe if it goes to 70% off. Maybe.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:18 am

I was able to find 2 old friends sets at 30% and picked up 1 6231 Speeda Demon at 50%. Had quite a few Speda Demons left. Slim pickings this year.

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:09 am

octick wrote: Slim pickings this year.
same here. Found most of the dino line at 50% (but only 1 of each, I got the last ones on the shelf), no SW sets and only 1 LOTR Mines of Moria for $54 ( so 30%ish), one lonely Mandolrian BP for $6. Did find 60 or Polys for $1.50, but I would much rather have some highly discounted sets.

bryceejones
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bryceejones » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:19 pm

What poly bags were you finding?

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:29 pm

bryceejones wrote:What poly bags were you finding?
Orange and white helicopter, MTT, TIE fighters, a few star destroyers, and a few City Miners with a miniloader.

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Boca Target (FL) had lots of 2013 stuff (reg. price) and only Cars/Advent stuff... Except one thing. Searched thoroughly on the back of the toys, and I found the deal that everyone is crazy over... Uruks for $21! Score! One left, and I brought it in a heartbeat. :D

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:10 pm

This sounds more like Walmart and not Target :eek: - are you sure it was Target?

BTW I found a few 9450 Epic Dragon Battle sets at Target here is the South but they all had damages and the discount wasn't 50% only 30%. Everything was the same or nothing else.
markerpk wrote:
Orange and white helicopter, MTT, TIE fighters, a few star destroyers, and a few City Miners with a miniloader.

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:37 pm

1brickshyofcrazy wrote:This sounds more like Walmart and not Target :eek: - are you sure it was Target?

BTW I found a few 9450 Epic Dragon Battle sets at Target here is the South but they all had damages and the discount wasn't 50% only 30%. Everything was the same or nothing else.
markerpk wrote:
Yeah, sorry for the confusion, those were Wally finds, not Target. I was pretty tired when I posted, forgot which subforum I was in.

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:27 am

Wow... It happend. Finally. I found THE BEST CLEARANCE EVER! I scanned 'em on a scanner and they came up like this. The only problem was that they rang up at full price, so we had to show 'em the scanner and they sold it to us at regular price thankfully. Funny thing is, it rang up at regular price on other scanners. My advice- check all the scanners in the toy aisle....

Orc Forge for $18 (I left another there in the clearance aisle. You could get it if you want. It's the Target in Pembroke Pines Florida)!
Weathertop for $21!!!
Quinjet for $21!!!!!!!!!!!! (I might have left one or two of these)
I'm so happy! :D

Last edited by just2good on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:09 am

Awesome finds, you are lucky you found a Target that still had some old stock.

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:42 am

exciter1 wrote:Awesome finds, you are lucky you found a Target that still had some old stock.
Yea, I'm amazed too! I checked another one today, and they had the 2013 Ninjago stuff, but the only clearance was the Dino T-Rex Tracker for around $50 and the Advents for $20.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:28 pm

just2good wrote:Wow... It happend. Finally. I found THE BEST CLEARANCE EVER! I scanned 'em on a scanner and they came up like this. The only problem was that they rang up at full price, so we had to show 'em the scanner and they sold it to us at regular price thankfully. Funny thing is, it rang up at regular price on other scanners. My advice- check all the scanners in the toy aisle....

Orc Forge for $18 (I left another there in the clearance aisle. You could get it if you want. It's the Target in Pembroke Pines Florida)!
Weathertop for $21!!!
Nice finds! I had never heard of different scanners in the same store scanning different, though. That's weird (I assumed they were all part of a central system).

The thing that sucks about my local Targets - although there was a couple of small LoTR clearances (Uruk-hai for 20.98 was only thing I ever found on the shelf) none of the items clearanced were NCF - and when they got more stock in the prices went back to normal (Like Orc Forge - according to one worker it did get down to 27 something but sold out right away - 2 weeks later they got another 4 in, and they went back in 39.99, and the store I found the Urak Hai has them again at 29.99).

How often does Target clearance each year (aside from the seasonal things)?

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:07 pm

The-Daryl wrote: How often does Target clearance each year (aside from the seasonal things)?
Twice a year, January and July.

mgs
Peasant
Peasant

Post by mgs » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:28 pm

just2good wrote:Wow... It happend. Finally. I found THE BEST CLEARANCE EVER! I scanned 'em on a scanner and they came up like this. The only problem was that they rang up at full price, so we had to show 'em the scanner and they sold it to us at regular price thankfully. Funny thing is, it rang up at regular price on other scanners. My advice- check all the scanners in the toy aisle....

Weathertop for $21!!!

I'm jealous of you :P My local Target has nothing interesting left on the shelves... except I saw this Vampyre Castle on clearance which had a battered and taped up box. When I shifted the box, I heard and felt loose bricks shuffling about. Someone bought it though, as it wasn't there the next time I went in.