I think the Target Winter clearance has started...

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
prozac
Knight
Knight

I think the Target Winter clearance has started...

Post by prozac » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:54 pm

FOund the Naboo Fighter for 34.98. Had about 20 of them. Also the series 1 planets were marked down as well as the Super Heroes Build a JOker(and maybe another) but I dodn't pay attention to price. I'm in the ST Louis Area.

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: I think the Target Winter clearance has started...

Post by zak001 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:16 pm

Confirmed, I was in a SoCal Target and saw the following prices:

CITY 3611 Bank & Money Transfer $34.98 (stacks with the CITY BOGO50 running this week!)
SW 7959 Geonosian Starfighter $20.98
SW 7877 Naboo Starfighter $34.98
SW Series 1 Planets $6.98
4527 Joker $10.48

SW 9497 Rebublic Starfighter was also at $35.99.

I got the last two 3611s at my store, but a quick search showed plenty of in-stock availabilty around the Inland Empire. If there's only one left, you can get the best value by matching it with the 4441 Police Dog Van ($34.99) or the 4203 Excavator Transporter (temporary markdown to $37.99)

Price for two 3611s after Red Card discount: $49.85 plus tax. Even better, you can use the recent $10 gift card with $50 purchase printable coupon, as the Red Card discount isn't calculated until after the GC is scanned and added to your order. If you consider a Target GC to be good as cash, that makes the sets about $20 plus tax each.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:17 pm

I saw a similar clearance in a Target near me, in New England. So you may want to check your Target stores. Also, among the sets clearanced were the Bank and Money Transfer City set, which was 50% off and then stacked with the BOGO 50%.

simplylemonade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by simplylemonade » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Hopefully they put Monster Fighter and LOTR sets on clearance sale. :D

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:46 pm

I went to another target that had all the above listed sets plus the city dump truck for 50% off. I got a naboo fighter for 25 and 2 bank transfers for about 40 :-)

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:50 pm

+1 Confirm for SF Bay Area.
Genosian Starfighter 50% off
SW Planets 30% off
Ultrabuild Joker 30% off

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:18 pm

At a different Target nearby I found Bank & Money Transfer for $35 (same price as first Target) but they had Naboo Starfighter for $25 instead ($10 less than the first place). So for those of you with multiple nearby Targets doing a circuit may be ... whatever it is that we do that's hard to call "profitable". "Less ruinous," maybe.

pushpin
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pushpin » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Can you tell me which SoCal Targets you're finding these deals?

There's always no luck in Los Angeles proper.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:28 pm

pushpin wrote:Can you tell me which SoCal Targets you're finding these deals?

All targets should have these clearance deals, but the bank sets and naboo starfighers are nearly all sold out now since the resellers have cleaned most targets out. I was at a target this morning in Anaheim, CA and they had over 40 of each set but when i went back tonight it was all cleaned out, so chances are your targets have had the same thing happen. So for future reference gotta live by the words "the early bird gets the worm" (use this advice for the post christmas clearance sales)

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:02 am

Went to 2 Targets (Gardena, Huntington Beach) and the SW sets were 50% off (Naboo Fighter, Geonosian Fighter, and planet series 1).
City Tipper truck was on clearance for $13.98 and Bank & Money Transfer was $35 at one Target and $25 at the other, so YMMV. I saw other empty spaces on the shelf with Clearance tags, so there may have been some other stuff.

The Tipper truck is a good deal, since you can basically buy 2 for $20 with the BOGO50 deal.

pushpin
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by pushpin » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:18 pm

kwkw wrote:

All targets should have these clearance deals, but the bank sets and naboo starfighers are nearly all sold out now since the resellers have cleaned most targets out. I was at a target this morning in Anaheim, CA and they had over 40 of each set but when i went back tonight it was all cleaned out, so chances are your targets have had the same thing happen. So for future reference gotta live by the words "the early bird gets the worm" (use this advice for the post christmas clearance sales)
Yeah, I know how it works. I think Targets in Los Angeles just don't typically put anything good on clearance and have higher prices in general.
I just need to get out of the city. Targets in this area rarely have good clearance sales vs Targets in San Diego (I travel back and forth from time to time)

legovuong
I'm New !

Post by legovuong » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:02 pm

Such a great deal, got 4 Lego City Bank and Money Transfer this morning for a total of around $85, might get some lego tipper trucks later today or tomorrow morning since all the local targets seems to have those in stock.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:13 pm

Just confirming - Clearance active in Tucson, AZ as well, at least at the 2 stores I checked this afternoon.

A bunch of 30% off planets and a couple of jokers - one had a couple of the naboo starfighters left (that looked like they had been stepped on, or something lol)

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:44 pm

Totally scored a couple of banks! Thanks for the heads up!

jefflord
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jefflord » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:58 pm

As of Thurs night (Dec 14), the Target in Germantown, MD had at least 15 SW Naboo Fighters for 30% off ($34.89). They also had 6-8 Geonosian Starfighters for $20.99, also 30% off. Finally, there were lots of the small planet sets marked down ... too many to count. I did not see any other sets discounted.

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:18 pm

I saw the same sets on clearance in Burlington, WA when I was out shopping today.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:51 pm

sadowsk1 wrote:Totally scored a couple of banks! Thanks for the heads up!
Don't let the cops hear you say that. :-D
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

mah4546
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mah4546 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:33 pm

pushpin wrote:
kwkw wrote:

Yeah, I know how it works. I think Targets in Los Angeles just don't typically put anything good on clearance and have higher prices in general.
I just need to get out of the city. Targets in this area rarely have good clearance sales vs Targets in San Diego (I travel back and forth from time to time)
Huh? I'm in LA. Targets have these deals and I find them all the time. Just don't bother going to Glendale, downtown, Culver City or West Hollywold. Try Torrance, Compton and La Cienega. I found a pair of banks and a Naboo for half off today in LA.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:51 pm

mah4546 wrote:
pushpin wrote:
kwkw wrote:

Huh? I'm in LA. Targets have these deals and I find them all the time. Just don't bother going to Glendale, downtown, Culver City or West Hollywold. Try Torrance, Compton and La Cienega. I found a pair of banks and a Naboo for half off today in LA.
Which one of those three did you go to? The compton was cleared out and I thought La Cienega too. I didn't think about Torrance. I was in the Hathorne area Friday night, and they were long gone too. :/

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:49 am

Seeing similar clearances in SoCal. Didn't know we had a dedicated forum area now for this stuff.