9450 Epic Dragon Battle $76 shipped to US from Amazon UK

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 9450 Epic Dragon Battle $76 shipped to US from Amazon UK

Post by brickity » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:40 pm

Edmond Dantes wrote:
Roobix wrote:Sorry for the newbie question but does the brokerage fee apply to the states too? I couldn't tell from the profiles here
What do you mean? In the US, we don't pay a VAT or import fees/taxes. So, the only fees you should see would be from your cc company for changing currencies, or from Amazon for providing the currency changing for you. Plus tax (if applicable).
Are you sure about that? That sounds strange to me, but I live in Canada, so I can only confirm what I know for Canada first hand. From what I've read, there are import taxes into the USA, but the duty free limit is much higher, so it might appear that there's no customs.

For Canadian taxes, it's not an import fee that you'll pay, but a sales tax. It's dependent on the province that you live in, since each province has its own sales tax. At a minimum, you pay the federal sales tax (GST) + any provincial tax (some provinces have zero tax). The $10 brokerage fee is the third party fee that's collected for filling out the customs forms and for paying the fee in advance for you. As an example, if the item is $100 and there's $5 tax that's owing... the broker will pay that $5 and charge you $10 as their fee + the $5 in tax that's owing. UPS collects this when the delivery is made. Also, if the import is small enough, customs will waive the fee and the customs broker will not collect a brokerage fee (brokerage fee is only collected if they pay in advance for you).

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:11 pm

I bought the fire temple from amazon uk last year and I was just charged the price plus shipping. No additional fees. I got the temple for $77 the same price as the Epic Dragon Battle.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:41 pm

Same with me for the Fire Temple, and I've had stuff come from UK, France, Italy, etc. The only fees I ever had to worry about are credit/debit card exchange rate fees, which were a couple bucks at most.

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:51 pm

Max Power and tensor... were they shipped via UPS?

I ordered a Fire Temple, box of 60 minifigures, and other items and was never charged anything extra when delivered via Royal Post (UK) or DHL (France) to Canada. But whenever UPS delivers the item, I get charged taxes (in Canada).

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:55 pm

UPS every time for me.

kokot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kokot » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:22 pm

In Canada it's only UPS that charges $10 on top of sales tax. Everybody else delivers at no extra cost.
Unfortunately my order is being shipped by UPS. :down:

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 pm

kokot wrote:In Canada it's only UPS that charges $10 on top of sales tax. Everybody else delivers at no extra cost.
Unfortunately my order is being shipped by UPS. :down:
Not really. Fedex too. I got a package shipping from U.S.A to Canada, fedex charged me $10 (or more) service charge. After that, I tried to avoid Fedex service :down:

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:54 pm

In Canada, most of the couriers will charge tax and a brokerage fee where they can. Canada Post will also do this, but only for expensive imports. I've had items pass through Canada Post at around the $100 mark with no fees... any more than $100 and I find that Canada Post may charge you. Canada Post also charges around $10 for the brokerage fee.

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:36 pm

brickity wrote:Max Power and tensor... were they shipped via UPS?

I ordered a Fire Temple, box of 60 minifigures, and other items and was never charged anything extra when delivered via Royal Post (UK) or DHL (France) to Canada. But whenever UPS delivers the item, I get charged taxes (in Canada).
I think it was initially shipped Deutsche Post DHL then UPS. Not totally positive though.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:07 pm

brickity wrote:
Edmond Dantes wrote:
Roobix wrote:Sorry for the newbie question but does the brokerage fee apply to the states too? I couldn't tell from the profiles here
What do you mean? In the US, we don't pay a VAT or import fees/taxes. So, the only fees you should see would be from your cc company for changing currencies, or from Amazon for providing the currency changing for you. Plus tax (if applicable).
Are you sure about that? That sounds strange to me, but I live in Canada, so I can only confirm what I know for Canada first hand. From what I've read, there are import taxes into the USA, but the duty free limit is much higher, so it might appear that there's no customs.

For Canadian taxes, it's not an import fee that you'll pay, but a sales tax. It's dependent on the province that you live in, since each province has its own sales tax. At a minimum, you pay the federal sales tax (GST) + any provincial tax (some provinces have zero tax). The $10 brokerage fee is the third party fee that's collected for filling out the customs forms and for paying the fee in advance for you. As an example, if the item is $100 and there's $5 tax that's owing... the broker will pay that $5 and charge you $10 as their fee + the $5 in tax that's owing. UPS collects this when the delivery is made. Also, if the import is small enough, customs will waive the fee and the customs broker will not collect a brokerage fee (brokerage fee is only collected if they pay in advance for you).

Sorry, I didn't see this response directed at me.

Yes, I am sure - with a caveat. When I speak of no duties or fees on imports to the US, in this instance I'm only talking about toys...any kind of toy. Of course there are taxes and duties on other items (unless it comes from a Free Trade country), but never on toys.

Yes, the US is weird.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Got five and paid with a capital one card. No fees, everything came out to $350 total.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:23 pm

I was shocked that a UPS guy just knocked my door and delivered me the package. It was super fast. Besides, there was no brokerage charge and tax.

Both of the lego boxes were in excellent condition. I am going to keep one for my boy and one to sell. Paid only GBP 88.61 for two :clap: .

Thx for ninjagoyo's post.

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 pm

legohunter wrote:I was shocked that a UPS guy just knocked my door and delivered me the package. It was super fast. Besides, there was no brokerage charge and tax.

Both of the lego boxes were in excellent condition. I am going to keep one for my boy and one to sell. Paid only GBP 88.61 for two :clap: .

Thx for ninjagoyo's post.
Wow that's awesome. I got charged the typical $10 + GST today... no surprise though and still a great deal.

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Ordered on 10/6 and got them today as well. 4 days from the UK to AZ is pretty crazy.

King

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Missed out on this one. I need to check my credit cards to see which has the lowest currency exchange fees. My mom wants this set. She's a big fan of Ninjago especially the dragons.

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Got mine in 3 days. That is crazy fast. Box had a slight ding on ne of the corners but nothing major. Very pleased.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:33 pm

I purchased mine on the 8th and it's not scheduled to arrive until the 17th. We'll see when it actually shows up...

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Mine came within 5 business days, perfect condition, no dents or creases on the box, better than US Amazon shipping, will definitely order from Amazon UK again. Also picked up the discontinued Sonic boom for less than $50 shipped so make sure you guys grab one before its gone.

cupishalfempty
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by cupishalfempty » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:07 am

Received mine yesterday. I ordered twice, first order was for 1, second was for 2. They both came yesterday. The box with two sets was busted open on the sides, looks like it was ran over. But inside was two mint condition sets, I was quite surprised. The shipping box that had just one set was in perfect condition, but the set inside had a huge crease down the center.

Nannan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Nannan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:25 am

Edmond Dantes wrote:I purchased mine on the 8th and it's not scheduled to arrive until the 17th. We'll see when it actually shows up...
Mine hasn't show up, did yours? It had the same order date and delivery estimate. Also for some reason I can't track the package on DHL's website with the tracking number that was provided. Not sure what to do next.