In store at Books a million some sets @ 50% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
kraftcheesy
Citizen
Citizen

In store at Books a million some sets @ 50% off

Post by kraftcheesy » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:24 pm

Just came back from a Books a Million and they had about 10 different Lego sets at half off. Anything from 2011 to early 2012 seemed to be discounted. (Pharaoh's Quest, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Atlantis, Car 2).

Good luck!

c4dreams
Citizen
Citizen

Re: In store at Books a million some sets @ 50% off

Post by c4dreams » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:43 pm

I went to the one in Houston. There was a small selection, and nothing was on sale.

kraftcheesy
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kraftcheesy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:45 pm

They may of just been sold out. I went to a 2nd BAM today and they had more sets at 50% off. This time it was Duplo and Star Wars. Mandalorians and another battle pack were the better picks at this one.

Anyone else find something outside Florida?

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:06 pm

kraftcheesy wrote:They may of just been sold out. I went to a 2nd BAM today and they had more sets at 50% off. This time it was Duplo and Star Wars. Mandalorians and another battle pack were the better picks at this one.

Anyone else find something outside Florida?
Your screen name makes me want nachos.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:43 pm

kraftcheesy, It would be prudent for you to identify the locations where you are finding these deals. Just listing the retailer is not enough if you want to really help people.

kraftcheesy
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kraftcheesy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:14 pm

My location is Florida and I mentioned Florida once is that not enough of a location?

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:34 pm

kraftcheesy wrote:My location is Florida and I mentioned Florida once is that not enough of a location?
not to mention your location is hot n muggy florida.

I love florida...wish I were there now.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:46 pm

kraftcheesy wrote:My location is Florida and I mentioned Florida once is that not enough of a location?
Is there a reason you don't want to tell people the actual stores where you saw the bargains? It's much more helpful than simply saying "Florida."

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:01 pm

tensor wrote:
Is there a reason you don't want to tell people the actual stores where you saw the bargains? It's much more helpful than simply saying "Florida."
I still want nachos. :lol:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

bdellw
I'm New !

Post by bdellw » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:26 am

I think it is national. Both New Hampshire stores had the sign, but all cleared out.

earl9371
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by earl9371 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:03 am

Called stores in Louisville and Clarksville IN - both said the deal had been last week only.

kraftcheesy
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kraftcheesy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Hit a 3rd BAM @ Leesburg, FL and they were loaded with 50% off Star wars battle packs...They had so many I decided to leave a few on the shelves...

kraftcheesy
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kraftcheesy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:40 pm

tensor wrote:

Is it not enough that when I found out about this deal that I came directly to this forum to post? Do you think belittling me on a public forum makes me more or less likely to post about it next time I find a deal? Please keep in mind that everyone who posts in this forum is doing a service. If all the so called "honey holes" were revealed they wouldn't be honey holes.

I am sure you like 50% off Lego just as much as the next person but please try to be more courteous.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm sorry, but it's not enough. Also, I was being courteous, but also doing you the courtesy of being direct and straightforward with you. You're new here, so I understand. Please let me quote the forum guidelines:

Your topic should include
Store Name
Sale Date (If applicable)
Website and/or Location (City and State or Province)
Set Name(s) and/or Set Number(s)
Sale Price(s) and/or Discount
Quantities Remaining (if applicable)
Special Notes (Location if not in normal toy section, additional coupons, etc.)

For every item above that is not included, the information becomes less and less valuable, to the point of being useless.

kraftcheesy
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kraftcheesy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:47 pm

This wasn't meant to be a complete inventory of discounted sets at a particular store but a mere heads up that BAM was discounting sets. If you check some of the other responses the information was certainly useful as people were calling their own local BAM's and finding out if the trip was worth their time. I do admit I could of given more set names and locations which I will include in future postings.

Obviously not every store has the same sets and deals. My local stores still have the discounts where some people reported theirs ending last week.

I appreciate everyone who posts their deals on here as I benefit from them from time to time. I just wanted to give back a little something. I see those above forum rules as a guideline not as a must have for each category you listed. I think a little research on your end can't hurt. If you want to get on my case and become a "forum nazi" then I won't be sticking around here long.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:23 pm

tensor said:
I'm sorry, but it's not enough. Also, I was being courteous, but also doing you the courtesy of being direct and straightforward with you. You're new here, so I understand. Please let me quote the forum guidelines:

Store Name

For every item above that is not included, the information becomes less and less valuable, to the point of being useless.
tensor

----holy crap. trying to include that much info is too much like work. I, myself, appreciate cheesy's heads-up.

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:32 am

Easy enough to stop by my local BaM store and check it out. I'm curious if you need their store membership to get this price? I've noticed lego with 40% stickers before but you had to have their yearly membership to get the extra --% off. My family doesn't buy enough there to justify buying a membership.

Thanks for the info.

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:58 pm

jsnweitzel wrote:I'm curious if you need their store membership to get this price? I've noticed lego with 40% stickers before but you had to have their yearly membership to get the extra --% off.
No, the membership gets you an additional 10% off, so something that has a 50% sticker becomes 55% for members, 40% becomes 46%, 30% becomes 37%, etc.

You should be able to stack with their regular $5 off $25 coupons though, which increasingly have not been requiring membership.
bdellw wrote:I think it is national. Both New Hampshire stores had the sign, but all cleared out.
I believe it was a national sale starting Black Friday.

I hit my local store on Black Friday, and they were already cleared out of all the 50% sets. :down:

kraftcheesy
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kraftcheesy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Yea, I think that is when they started the deal. I stopped by a 4th and final BAM in Casselberry, FL and they were nearly cleared out. I found a small creator set and some bionicles still in stock at 50% off. When I talked to the cashier he mentioned he had bought most of the Star wars sets the day the deal started for his son. The good news is I got to use their $5 off $25 three times because they kept printing another one after each purchase.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:08 am

tensor wrote:I'm sorry, but it's not enough. Also, I was being courteous, but also doing you the courtesy of being direct and straightforward with you. You're new here, so I understand. Please let me quote the forum guidelines:

Store Name

Hi tensor,

I understand that you want to be as helpful as possible by ensuring that all members follow the guidelines. Your efforts are appreciated. However, please do understand that those are only guidelines (which can be used as a reference whenever needed). Like bobl mentioned, its very hard to make sure that every aspect of it is satisfied in a post.

At Toys N Bricks, we want to encourage people to post as many good deals as they can find. Even if it is a YMMV deal, it does gives us a heads up to maybe check those stores when we pass by. If we start enforcing every aspect of those guidelines, we won't have any sales topics here anymore. I do however understand your concerns so if necessary, we can create a new forum just for YMMV/instore clearance deals.

In regards to store locations, some people may choose not to reveal them due to a variety of reasons such as privacy concerns and not necessarily trying to hide the "gold pot". Though, by sending a PM, I'm sure they won't mind telling you which store they found the deal.

If you have an additional concerns or questions, please feel free to send me a PM and we can talk more about this if you want. Hope this helps.