pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Orangechef
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by Orangechef » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:53 pm

ricefields wrote:
Orangechef wrote:
BeMild wrote:For what it is worth, last weekend at Pottery Barn Kids there was a Lego build-a-name-plate cross promotion at which they handed out $5-off a $50 purchase coupons at Lego stores or on-line for shop@home. The on-line code is PBK3. Enjoy.
Cheers, this stacked with the 10% for me, finally broke down and got a Haunted House.
When I tried this code, it said only one promotion at a time, so can you confirm that if you spend enough to get the 10% for vip you get another $5 on top of that. Can you double check thanks
Here's a SS of the order status on LEGO.com

Not sure about the "customer service" status, or why the "discounts" amount isn't right, but the total seems correct.

Also on my original confirmation the $5 is deducted after the 10% off, but on here it's taken before the 10%.

EDIT: this is the original confirmation for reference http://i47.tinypic.com/6pw95t.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:03 pm

thanks, re the version on the post; total seems correct but the numbers shown just don't add up to that total. re the receipt, that is more like it. However, stil did not work for me. two messages came up. code has been used and you cannot use more than one promotion.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:44 pm

^ The code probably only works for the US - I tried it earlier as well (am from Ontario too) and did not work either.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:50 pm

confirmed, its only for US.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:29 pm

Orangechef wrote:
ricefields wrote:
Orangechef wrote:
BeMild wrote:For what it is worth, last weekend at Pottery Barn Kids there was a Lego build-a-name-plate cross promotion at which they handed out $5-off a $50 purchase coupons at Lego stores or on-line for shop@home. The on-line code is PBK3. Enjoy.
Cheers, this stacked with the 10% for me, finally broke down and got a Haunted House.
When I tried this code, it said only one promotion at a time, so can you confirm that if you spend enough to get the 10% for vip you get another $5 on top of that. Can you double check thanks
Here's a SS of the order status on LEGO.com

Not sure about the "customer service" status, or why the "discounts" amount isn't right, but the total seems correct.

Also on my original confirmation the $5 is deducted after the 10% off, but on here it's taken before the 10%.

EDIT: this is the original confirmation for reference http://i47.tinypic.com/6pw95t.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That was the same weirdness I had last night. But my conformation e-mail was clear and mathematically correct.

david

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:40 pm

I was at the Lego store this morning while some 'VIP's' were there. Never really met a bigger bunch of jerks and know it all's. I'm not generalizing about all VIP's, just glad I didn't fit into the local crowd.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:21 pm

^ What happened at the store if you don't mind me asking?
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Awesome event this morning. Completely low key and the staff at the Chandler store was excellent as usual. Maybe 5 people in the store total when we were there! Both my guest and I drew only 10% on the peel offs.

King

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Thanks for the code , always nice to save more on my haunted house purchase today. :)

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:04 pm

the good little bonus about using all vip points to buy, no tax charged :clap:

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:06 am

Looked at my final invoice (posted to Lego.com), and noticed the $5 online coupon was removed from my discount. Did anyone else have this happen?

edit: talking to CS the price will be lower, just Lego.com doesnt show the discount from the 3rd party code.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 am

Mrbill317 wrote:I just ordered the Haunted House and Halloween accessory set. We received the 10% plus holiday set.

Im kinda pissed that the House is again out of stock and wont return for 30 days. Its gonna be a close
The haunted house expected ship date moved back to December 6. :)

Also I wish Lego.com wouldn't tease us with bring back retired set "listings" like the Imperial Flagship.
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Imperial-Flagship-10210" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;