pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 pm
Location: USA

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:26 pm

I also ordered the Haunted House, I can't pass up the Holiday set and 10% off. I can wait to get it around Christmas. I see the Grand Emporium is already pushed back to shipping the week after Christmas.

Neo
Knight
Knight
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:02 pm
Location: MD

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by Neo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:34 pm

bea wrote:Does the 10% off apply to PAB?
Yes. Just bought +149 worth of PAB got a 10% discount plus the special promo set.

BeMild
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 9:49 am
Location: California

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by BeMild » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:42 pm

For what it is worth, last weekend at Pottery Barn Kids there was a Lego build-a-name-plate cross promotion at which they handed out $5-off a $50 purchase coupons at Lego stores or on-line for [email protected] The on-line code is PBK3. Enjoy.

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 183
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:51 am
Location: California

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by zak001 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:07 am

Wow, Maersk Train went to 'Sold Out'.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:50 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by harry99 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:49 am

Wow - nothing else on sale in terms of additional sets. I am going to wait for next Friday for sure.

Wallet safe for today! :-D
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

User avatar
sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 725
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:59 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by sadowsk1 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 am

harry99 wrote:Wow - nothing else on sale in terms of additional sets. I am going to wait for next Friday for sure.

Wallet safe for today! :-D
I hear that harry99. It seems like Lego wants to see how little bait they can use to attract buyers today when they should have the same deal and hopefully additionally discounted sets next week.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 506
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:31 pm
Location: North Kingstown, Rhode Island

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by dho7622u » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:32 am

When i tried last night, the MF catsle and the Modular was not available. Oh well...maybe later in the season.

david

User avatar
legohunter
Count
Count
Posts: 1304
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:40 am
Location: Canada

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by legohunter » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:33 am

sadowsk1 wrote:
harry99 wrote:Wow - nothing else on sale in terms of additional sets. I am going to wait for next Friday for sure.

Wallet safe for today! :-D
I hear that harry99. It seems like Lego wants to see how little bait they can use to attract buyers today when they should have the same deal and hopefully additionally discounted sets next week.
Unfortunately, this little bait worked on the deal toward Maersk Train. I was expecting further discount on Maersk Train; however, it is now OOS. The most interesting was that MT was not listed at retiring soon page, and why was the inventory so low?

Max Power
Knight
Knight
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:27 am

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by Max Power » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:59 am

Looks like nothing special. Spending $150 just to get 10% off is not enticing enough.

Neo
Knight
Knight
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:02 pm
Location: MD

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by Neo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:23 am

When I made a second purchase I got the 10% off the Firehouse, the system automatically added the 2012 xmas set for free, and did register a $30 vip credit that I added. However, when I looked back at the account history, the 2012 xmas set is not not free and the $30 vip credit didn't show up and the price of the order much higher so I emailed Lego's [email protected] customer service about the problem. In addition, albeit my first order I got an email confirmation my second order didn't get a email confirmation. Very Strange.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 845
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:50 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by harry99 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:23 am

^^ Got the Maersk Train over a year back when TRU (Canada) had a 20% off sale - would have been a little better now but not enticing enough to consider buying another copy for me.

I am hoping to see some good deals next Friday - at least some 25% off sets.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 am

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by popnfresh » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:41 am

legohunter wrote:
sadowsk1 wrote:
harry99 wrote:Wow - nothing else on sale in terms of additional sets. I am going to wait for next Friday for sure.

Wallet safe for today! :-D
I hear that harry99. It seems like Lego wants to see how little bait they can use to attract buyers today when they should have the same deal and hopefully additionally discounted sets next week.
Unfortunately, this little bait worked on the deal toward Maersk Train. I was expecting further discount on Maersk Train; however, it is now OOS. The most interesting was that MT was not listed at retiring soon page, and why was the inventory so low?
its been on sale for a while, and now the sale discount doubled, people probably made a run on it... Also most likely Sold out does NOT discontinued, it probably means we don't want to deal with tracking backorders and sale pricing for another month and will bring it back when the price is back to msrp.

Orangechef
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:16 pm

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by Orangechef » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:52 am

BeMild wrote:For what it is worth, last weekend at Pottery Barn Kids there was a Lego build-a-name-plate cross promotion at which they handed out $5-off a $50 purchase coupons at Lego stores or on-line for [email protected] The on-line code is PBK3. Enjoy.
Cheers, this stacked with the 10% for me, finally broke down and got a Haunted House.

doriansdad
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:03 pm
Location: United States

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by doriansdad » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:11 am

popnfresh wrote:
legohunter wrote:
its been on sale for a while, and now the sale discount doubled, people probably made a run on it... Also most likely Sold out does NOT discontinued, it probably means we don't want to deal with tracking backorders and sale pricing for another month and will bring it back when the price is back to msrp.
10219 Maersk Train is discontinued, that is why it sold out so quickly. The "retiring soon" page is not all inclusive.

perpetuus
I'm New !
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:34 pm
Location: Toronto

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by perpetuus » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:21 am

I've been eyeing the Super Star Destroyer for a while. I see it's 10% off now. Almost bought one last year. Do you guys think it will be cheaper next year for the Star Wars sale? I guess what I mean is - do all Star Wars sets go on sale during that time, or only select sets?

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 512
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by Toronadian » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:58 am

I too was hoping maybe the Maersk train could have a slightly better discount by Black Friday. It's a nice set but not that high on my priority list...though I have a feeling it'll be one of those sets I look back a year or 2 later and regret not getting it.

miffy102301
I'm New !
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:55 am
Location: US

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by miffy102301 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:48 am

I went to the VIP event this morning, 9 out 10 got 10% off peel off discount. One lucky guy got 50% off and they let him add more items on his check out. So good luck guys.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:08 am
Location: SC, US

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by brickarmor » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Toronadian wrote:I too was hoping maybe the Maersk train could have a slightly better discount by Black Friday. It's a nice set but not that high on my priority list...though I have a feeling it'll be one of those sets I look back a year or 2 later and regret not getting it.
Amen to that. I have no interest in any trains yet, but I can also remember earlier this year when the 2012 sets were being disclosed thinking I would not be buying ANY. Then I actually saw the Monster Fighters sets... Just now completed the collection with the Haunted House thanks to the generously posted coupon above!

King Arthur
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Canada

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by King Arthur » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:56 pm

BeMild wrote:For what it is worth, last weekend at Pottery Barn Kids there was a Lego build-a-name-plate cross promotion at which they handed out $5-off a $50 purchase coupons at Lego stores or on-line for [email protected] The on-line code is PBK3. Enjoy.
Thanks for saving me $5 on my order!

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 561
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:31 pm
Location: Ontario

Re: pre Blackfriday VIP offers? Nov 17

Post by ricefields » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:18 pm

Orangechef wrote:
BeMild wrote:For what it is worth, last weekend at Pottery Barn Kids there was a Lego build-a-name-plate cross promotion at which they handed out $5-off a $50 purchase coupons at Lego stores or on-line for [email protected] The on-line code is PBK3. Enjoy.
Cheers, this stacked with the 10% for me, finally broke down and got a Haunted House.
When I tried this code, it said only one promotion at a time, so can you confirm that if you spend enough to get the 10% for vip you get another $5 on top of that. Can you double check thanks

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest