[USA] Target Sale November 18-21

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Wim
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Target Sale November 18-21

Post by Wim » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:57 am

I picked up 2 sets, and they were marked as $85.94 (I think) on the shelf tag. They rang up for that too. I opened the ad and showed it at the register, saying that the ad says that they're $30. He looked at it for a second or two and said "you're right", and adjusted the price to $30 each. I did forget my $5 off $29 coupon, but I'm happy with the sale I got.

swindeller
I'm New !

Post by swindeller » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:20 am

Just picked up the last Podracer set on the shelf at Toys R US - rang up at $104.99 but they honored the $30 price match when I showed them the Target ad. Sweet!

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:32 am

I first stopped by a store and picked up the Sunday paper so I would have the ad. Next I went to TRU, because I knew they had the item in stock. I picked up 2 sets which they had no problem price matching, since it was pictured in the ad. I also picked up a couple of Marvel Minimates sets to bring the total over $75, so I would get a $10 gift card.(I collect Marvel Minimates as well as Legos) Then I went to Target to see what they would do. No one could find the sets on the floor, nor could they find the DCPI (or whatever it is called). They said go to customer service and they will check other stores for the item. They have a book at customer service with the DCPI numbers for the ad in it. So they asked if anyone checked the stock room for the item. I said no. So they found the item in the stock room and brought it out front. Anakin's Jedi Interceptor...Now it is making sense...Someone at corporate thought the two items were the same. Anyway, I showed the service rep that it was a completely different item than the one in the ad. She said she would check other stores, but she doesn't know the DCPI. I asked if she could find it online because the item is on the web site.They could and found the Podracer set on their site for $66 and change. So they got the DCPI and called a few places. None were in stock anywhere. I asked if they could get it from the web site for the $30 from the ad. They didn't know how to do this, but said they would let me get another Star Wars Lego set that was in the same price range (around $70) for $30. I picked up two Gungan Subs. So it took some time, but they did come through with something.

chris314
I'm New !

Post by chris314 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:42 am

After I saw this deal I went to Target online and saw it listed for $66.50. The site showed there was at least one available at my local store so I headed there around 8:45 AM. The sale price on the shelf showed $85. I asked a clerk about it and another employee came and asked how much was left and not to put anymore on the shelf. We went to the customer service and a manager had to do a price override. I managed to get 3 of them for $30 a piece. I'm not sure if someone else has noticed this but I think the ad was supposed to list the two new pod racers that are sold individually on their site for $25.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 am

It was definitely supposed to be Anakin's Jedi Interceptor, which is a Target exclusive, like the Zombie set that is also $30 in the ad. So someone at the Target corporate offices will be able to put on their resume that they know the difference between Anakin's Podracer and Anakin's Jedi Interceptor when they go looking for work next week.

tikirobot
I'm New !

Post by tikirobot » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:44 am

Couldn't find any in the 2 Targets near me (did find the $1 City Police figures), but price-matched both Walmart and Toys R Us! Also used my 20% off any regular priced item to get the desert skiff for $19.99. Not a bad day out. :)

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:01 am

I got the last Lego Podracer on the shelf for $30 but I had to have a store manager adjust the price from $85.94. The store manager said she wasnt going to allow me to use the $5 discount for a lego set over $29 but at $30 I was fine with that. I decided to use the $5 discount for a lego set over $29 coupon and the $5 off $50 worth of toys coupon for a X-wing fighter and a Series 8 mini fig.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:18 am

Well, everyone had better luck than I did, Toys R Us gave me the run around for 15 minutes and then said they "couldnt verify the price" and "Target has it online for 66.50 and the website should be the same price as in store, so the website is right" and I would have to wait for another manager to get there. Walked out of there mid conversation, screw TRU.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:30 am

So much for they "match everything". When I went in, I had the ad ready, and showed them the picture which matched the set, and the text beneath the picture matched the text on the box. But I went in first thing, before anyone had a chance to think.

nbaisfantastic
Peasant
Peasant

Post by nbaisfantastic » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:49 am

I just had the exact same experience. The first manager I spoke with was very rude and tried every excuse to not honor the price (e.g. these are only for $39 dollar sets, the fine print says other star wars sets are on sale so the picture was a reference to those "other " star wars sets, she even tried telling me there was a different lego pod racer that was $39 that the add was referring to!). After getting another manager, (and having to walk way back to the toy dept) they finally honored the price. Whole process prob took 15-20 mins, but I got the deal!

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:51 am

If they just deny it, fine, theres no law that says they have to price match it for me; but to waste my time and tell me straight LIES, TRU can not go out of business soon enough

greanie2011
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by greanie2011 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:57 am

I sent the wife in after this one. Shed said they definitely gave her a hard time @ Target! Really? .....Target? Come on it is right there in the ad!!!
They said "We cant price match that"
She said "What price match? I just want to purchase the item at your advertised price."

10 minutes later and 2 managers, DEAL!!!
Sure am glad i waited on this one.

She is 2 for 2 on these misprints. (Last one was the City miners set from walmart)

twofacepks
I'm New !

Post by twofacepks » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:38 am

Well I went to my local Target (in Redlands, CA) and they did not give me the deal. They actually went a bit further to insult me by telling me that I was reading the Ad wrong, that its not the pod racer that is on sale and it should be a set in a smaller box, not a large box and that they would gladly walk me through the isle and show me the price difference with the size in box (like I was stupid). They said more but they pretty much told me I couldn't read. Terrible experience. But I did have them give me Anakin's Jedi Interceptor for $20 so i guess I got something out of it.

Relhak
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Relhak » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 am

I couldn't find any podracers, but one store offered me half off another lego set (got a gungan sub for $33), and another store offered half off a similar priced set, or $10 off another $39.99 set, so I picked up a Heartlake Vet for my daughter. Should have gotten a Jabba's Palace instead of the sub, but still not bad.

Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eek » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 am

Success! Got a couple when Target opened. Manager okayed the adjustments pretty quickly. =)

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Same type of situation for me. The set rang up for $85, and after 3 people tried everything they could think of to say that it was not the right set, the manager came up, looked at the box and the ad for 5 seconds, and said to ring it up for $30. He was sure it was a mistake, but that it was their mistake and not mine so enjoy the great deal. All of the employees were very polite, and even though it took a little time, I understand that the customer service clerks were just covering their butts to make sure they didn't make a $60 mistake.
I don't understand why these megastores keep making pricing mistakes on these large Lego sets, but I'm not complaining.

thehotsung
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by thehotsung » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Congrats you guys, but do you really like this set? I like Star wars but mostly the mini-figure and the land vehicles. There just isn't much play-ability in spaceship and the pod racers are even less.

If only they had Jabba place instead of this.

goshe7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by goshe7 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Despite what their ad says, I was told that my Toys R Us was not price matching ANYTHING until after next Sunday. They were really busy, so maybe it was just a "Go away, customer, I'm too busy to deal with you." The manager did not look at the set or seem aware of the specifics, other than the general need for a manager override due to the magnitude of the price adjustment.

Annoying, yes. But I'm not too worked up about it. The Target ad clearly says regular retail of $39.99 for the advertised sets. Given the Target in-store not ringing up correctly, this is obviously a mistake and therefore not a "valid competitor's ad".

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:44 pm

Bought 1 zombie set online then couldn't resist buying another with the $5 off coupon :)

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Pod racers set is a dud in my opinion. So no TRU/Walmart escapades for me. No, my story is much better. After some friendly confusion, some low level denials, and a good deal of literal running around, I got a Batcave (RRP $70) substituted and walked out with it for $27 and change. Stellar win. Rain check on The Zombies, totally wiped out but will check again tomorrow.