[USA] ToysRUs LEGO Sale from November 11-17

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] ToysRUs LEGO Sale from November 11-17

Post by pumbaugh » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:31 pm

UnknownUser wrote:
pumbaugh wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:I got scammed at TRU...yesterday I bought 9448 Samurai Mech for $23 pretax (25% off plus $10 gift card). It clearly showed the $23 (pretax) price on the submit order page, but both the acknowledgement and pickup receipt emails show the $33.74 price. Then I looked up the order online- it does say 'TRU gift card ending in XXXX' (meaning an $XX gift card was entered), but the price is also $33.74. So basically they altered my order and made it look like nothing was wrong.

I haven't picked up my order yet, though. I doubt they'll budge but I'll try to fight it.
I'm confused....The order total would still be 33.xx if you used a 10$ giftcard....it does not deduct the giftcard price from the item, it is a method of payment. They should charge your credit card the remainder of the balance. It does not make the item priced 23.xx. Is this what you are talking about?
Scratch that...the total is actually $26 as TRU calculated tax BEFORE I added the $10 giftcard.($33.74 + CA tax - $10 = $26.57) But still, everything else reflects the price as $10 higher, as if I never entered the gift card. Even the 'order summary' page reflects that price. Although it says that I entered a TRU gift card, the amount wasn't deducted.
AS I said that is the way it should be calculated...a gift card is not a coupon....it is a form of payment...it does not lower the cost of the item...it is seen as $10 cash at TRU....you just can't use it elsewhere...

They did not sell you the item for 23.xx, but 33.xx so the receipt price is still 33.xx. As long as they did not charge the card 33.xx It went as it should as far as I can see.

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:07 pm

Currently 10% rebate from eBates on TRU orders; no telling how long it will last. (You have to be registered there, wait a while and accumulate a certain total to actually get a check, but you do get the money back eventually.)

umrgrl
I'm New !

Post by umrgrl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:10 am

The TRU I am in just posted a sign saying Tuesday only save $25 on a $100 purchase of regular priced Lego sets. It might be difficult to find the "good" deals with the TRU markup (it also says it cannot be combined with any other offer.)

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by chenwaa123 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:43 am

umrgrl wrote:The TRU I am in just posted a sign saying Tuesday only save $25 on a $100 purchase of regular priced Lego sets. It might be difficult to find the "good" deals with the TRU markup (it also says it cannot be combined with any other offer.)
This won't work properly on Train Tracks. If I add 5 items plus a filler to get over $100. the system only discounts the price on one item (about $20.), it should be $25.
Boy I hate TRU, I know it’s only $5. but still.

umrgrl
I'm New !

Post by umrgrl » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:19 am

I know, right? I have a degree in economics and trying to figure out their pricing gives me a headache :)

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:59 pm

umrgrl wrote:The TRU I am in just posted a sign saying Tuesday only save $25 on a $100 purchase of regular priced Lego sets. It might be difficult to find the "good" deals with the TRU markup (it also says it cannot be combined with any other offer.)

I found a ton of great deals in store with mindful stacking of deals and offers! Its not hard at all really unless you are lazy.

Seriously, some of the best TRU offers I've ever seen and we've been collecting and trading lego for years!

current good deals in store:

sets that work well with $25 off $100:

Creator Lightouse -marked at 39.99 in store. beautiful underrated set retiring soon
Harry Potter Forbidden Forest
Superheroes Batwing - was ninja marked down to 29.99 which rings up as a normal price.
Superheroes Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape- another TRU ninja mark down to 19.99. yes, its retail but 25$ off $100 makes it very attractive. not as atractive as batwings but nice.

$25 off $100 wont stack with any other offer so it makes the Batwings the best pure savings deal since the Batwing is actually marked at a regular price of $29.99. By the way, thats the best deal on that product we've seen anywhere.

Sale items and offers that stack:

Buy 3 series 8 minifgures get a free case.
Free Ninjago Backpack with a $50 purchase
Free $10 giftcard for $75 purchase.

Ninjago Destiny's Bounty
Ninjago Samurai Mech
Star Wars LE Hoth echo base
Star Wars Palpatines Arrest

Of the above 4, obviously the LE Hoth base and Destiny's Bounty are likely the best deal, since they are going EOL.

1 Destiny's Bounty
3 Minifig packs
1 $10 TRU giftcard
1 Lego Ninjago Lloyd Green ninja Backpack
1 series 8 collectors case

for 82.45.

we sold the backpack just now for $25!

so I end up paying $57.45 for

1 Destiny's Bounty
3 Minifig Packs
1 $10 TRU giftcard

Also during the holidays TRU gives 10% cash back in rewards which adds even more savings which is like another $8 for each purchase.

so the Destiny's Bounty, 3 minifig packs and the series 8 case have a final cost of $40.

In less time it took me to post this, I printed the packing slip and listed the backpack, prepackaged the Bounty's/backpacks for shipping, and organized all the series 8 figures in sets with cases. I think the TRU trip ate up less than an hour?

Unless you are super lazy, you can also support your lego hobby with minimal time invested with these great deals!

umrgrl
I'm New !

Post by umrgrl » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:09 am

Thanks! I have a two year old I get to bring with me so looking that all up in the store is a challenge- it is better for me to go in with a plan.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:35 pm

Brickmythic wrote:

I found a ton of great deals in store with mindful stacking of deals and offers! Its not hard at all really unless you are lazy.

Seriously, some of the best TRU offers I've ever seen and we've been collecting and trading lego for years!

current good deals in store:

sets that work well with $25 off $100:

Creator Lightouse -marked at 39.99 in store. beautiful underrated set retiring soon
Harry Potter Forbidden Forest
Superheroes Batwing - was ninja marked down to 29.99 which rings up as a normal price.
Superheroes Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape- another TRU ninja mark down to 19.99. yes, its retail but 25$ off $100 makes it very attractive. not as atractive as batwings but nice.

$25 off $100 wont stack with any other offer so it makes the Batwings the best pure savings deal since the Batwing is actually marked at a regular price of $29.99. By the way, thats the best deal on that product we've seen anywhere.

Sale items and offers that stack:

Buy 3 series 8 minifgures get a free case.
Free Ninjago Backpack with a $50 purchase
Free $10 giftcard for $75 purchase.

Ninjago Destiny's Bounty
Ninjago Samurai Mech
Star Wars LE Hoth echo base
Star Wars Palpatines Arrest

Of the above 4, obviously the LE Hoth base and Destiny's Bounty are likely the best deal, since they are going EOL.

1 Destiny's Bounty
3 Minifig packs
1 $10 TRU giftcard
1 Lego Ninjago Lloyd Green ninja Backpack

for 82.45.

we sold the backpack just now for $25!

so I end up paying $57.45 for

1 Destiny's Bounty
3 Minifig Packs
1 $10 TRU giftcard

Also during the holidays TRU gives 10% cash back in rewards which adds even more savings which is like another $8 for each purchase.

so the Destiny's Bounty, 3 minifig packs and the series 8 case have a final cost of $40.

In less time it took me to post this, I printed the packing slip and listed the backpack, prepackaged the Bounty's/backpacks for shipping, and organized all the series 8 figures in sets with cases. I think the TRU trip ate up less than an hour?

Unless you are super lazy, you can also support your lego hobby with minimal time invested with these great deals!

Dang, I must be super SUPER lazy. After reading this post, I needed a nap. :lol:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

sonofgun1776
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sonofgun1776 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:58 pm

I think the gift card is often misunderstood. If you have to buy an amount of, say, $40 to get a $10 GC. That does not mean that the original purchase is $30. It actually means that you would pay $40 for $50 worth of merchandise. So the "saving" is 20% (10/50), not 25% (10/40). The $10 GC is not cash we can use anywhere else. The same line of reasoning also applies to "free" stuffs too, just replace the term "gift card" with the free item's name.

I have to somewhat disagree with BrickMythic's view point on a "good deal". The mentioned saving is AFTER reselling some of the promotional stuffs. That takes effort, not free from the sky. If you are considering Ebay, then you have to deal with packaging, shipping and all that crap, not to mention the fee.

Finally, 25% off is really nothing special any more. That seems to happen quite often. Even 30% is still iffy.

Just a thought.

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:42 pm

sonofgun1776 wrote: That takes effort, not free from the sky.
god forbid ANYTHING takes effort!!! the sky is falling guys!!!

IT TAKES EFFORT TO GET GOOD DEALS.!!! go figure!

joking aside, i see your point.

Lazy is still lazy.