Shop @ Home and LEGO stores USA

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Shop @ Home and LEGO stores USA

Post by brickity » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:43 am

loporjai2003 wrote:Picked up mini mod joust and sw advent as they were most discounted/store exclusives. Pulled 10% on top w pab holiday set. Store had no IS DA red cargo mmv. Someone pulled 50% for a $20 set and that was it!!
Was the SW calendar on sale in store (in Canada)?

Edit: nvm, I called my local store and it's not on sale in Canada

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:49 am

Does anyone know if the Joust is on sale in Canada - I mean the Brick and Mortar store.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:59 am

Now i'm irritated as I bought the SW advent calendar at the exclusive VIP in-store sale last weekend for $39.99....boo!

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:17 pm

Buy one now, then return the one you bought last week? Sometimes they will even offer to credit you the difference. Even more so if you want store credit, because to retailers, giving out store credit << giving out cash.

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cornbread » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:28 pm

harry99 wrote:Does anyone know if the Joust is on sale in Canada - I mean the Brick and Mortar store.
The store in Vancouver had 20% of the Joust

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:05 pm

cornbread wrote:
harry99 wrote:Does anyone know if the Joust is on sale in Canada - I mean the Brick and Mortar store.
The store in Vancouver had 20% of the Joust
How many did they have left? Also do you recall seeing the minifig presentation boxes along with the scratch cards.

loporjai2003
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by loporjai2003 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:12 pm

brickity wrote:
loporjai2003 wrote:Picked up mini mod joust and sw advent as they were most discounted/store exclusives. Pulled 10% on top w pab holiday set. Store had no IS DA red cargo mmv. Someone pulled 50% for a $20 set and that was it!!
Was the SW calendar on sale in store (in Canada)?

Edit: nvm, I called my local store and it's not on sale in Canada

I went stateside for crazy BF sales, not just LEGO.
Lego sale was meh but got stuff cheaper than Canada

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:20 pm

loporjai2003 wrote:I went stateside for crazy BF sales, not just LEGO.
Lego sale was meh but got stuff cheaper than Canada
Wow, that's hardcore. How long of a road trip was it?

loporjai2003
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by loporjai2003 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:27 pm

4hrs, still here for nonlego sales. Should take orders next time!!

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:42 pm

loporjai2003 wrote:4hrs, still here for nonlego sales. Should take orders next time!!
Definitely hardcore - I don't think I'd drive 4 hours for a sale, haha!

Hope you get plenty of great deals, and safe trip back!

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:57 pm

Well that was disappointing, just got back and they wouldn't let me use the scratch card on the joust... " sale items are not included in the scratch card discount"

whiteshadow
I'm New !

Post by whiteshadow » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:04 pm

So Lego cancelled my BF order, since I'm in Canada and shipping to a 3rd party US address. This was done in the "interest to protect consumer information". Such BS. They are doing this to protect their overpriced Canadian online store.

Honestly, its not worth paying extra on the Haunted House just for the "privilege" of buying from Lego's Canadian online store. Sorry Lego, you just lost yourself a $300 sale!

I guess the only other way around this may be to get a US credit card with a US address, and ship to that address.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Yes it is, 20% off plus what scratch and save amount you get. The store was packed, I see a lot of parents and grand parents there buying up whatever their kid wants, even if it was not on sale. I picked up the Joust set since I do not want to drive there for nothing. The person in front of me scratched 20% off and I only got 10, oh well 30% off on an exclusive set is ok I guess. Also I saw 9495 Gold Leader’s Y-Wing Starfighter and 7879 Hoth Echo Base for 20% off too, could be store specials, but I passed on both since for the Y-Wing, the piece to price ratio is still pretty bad even with 30% off, and Echo Base I got already.
Last edited by dulait on Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:17 pm

whiteshadow wrote:So Lego cancelled my BF order, since I'm in Canada and shipping to a 3rd party US address. This was done in the "interest to protect consumer information". Such BS. They are doing this to protect their overpriced Canadian online store.

I guess the only other way around this may be to get a US credit card with a US address, and ship to that address.
Using the reason of "interest to protect consumer information" was really a BS. I would agree they were trying to make us to pay for overpriced if you provided them with a residential US address.

mah4546
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mah4546 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:00 pm

natelite wrote:It's not that weak - joust is available in stores for 20% off. It has a red clearance tag. I spoke to the staff and they said it's discontinued. Strange, but if you're on the fence, now's the time to buy one. 20% + 10% + pick a brick box + holiday set with fillers. Definitely a no brainer.

I don't quite like how they make the online and in stores stuff different but whatever.
It's not discontinued. Reps don't know anything about what's going and what's not. Joust isn't. But LEGO has begun putting "retiring soon" placards on shelves.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:46 pm

The in-store sale with the scratch cards is on all weekend, correct? Just planning out my trip to the LEGO store (its 150km one way).
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

YuhaoLu
Peasant
Peasant

Post by YuhaoLu » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:59 pm

I made five orders. 2 got shipped, 2 in process, 1 got cancelled due to 3rd party thing. Exactly same shipping address and recipient. Guess they just do that randomly.

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cornbread » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:26 pm

The Vancouver store said the scratch % did not stack with any of the sales... What are other people's experiences?

nami
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by nami » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:30 pm

whiteshadow wrote:So Lego cancelled my BF order, since I'm in Canada and shipping to a 3rd party US address. This was done in the "interest to protect consumer information". Such BS. They are doing this to protect their overpriced Canadian online store.

Honestly, its not worth paying extra on the Haunted House just for the "privilege" of buying from Lego's Canadian online store. Sorry Lego, you just lost yourself a $300 sale!

My $500 order got cancelled as well due to having it shipped to a parcel service at the border. I called them right after I received the email and their "call center" people are usesless. I couldn't even change my shipping info. because the avent calenders were not on sale to Canadians, and the minifigs were sold out. Luckily I put in a prior order to my home for 50 minifigures so I at least get these, as well as the holiday freebie.

I do have to say their customer service sucks. Any other company would take the time to follow up with a phone call or personalized email. As for the advent calenders, this is one of the very few items that were the same price in Canada as the US. As far as I'm concerned they should never of been more that $39.99 to the US customers in the first place. Lego didn't want to offer the same sale to Canadians as they would rightfully have to match the US sale price.

Canonwars
I'm New !

Post by Canonwars » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:37 pm

cornbread wrote:The Vancouver store said the scratch % did not stack with any of the sales... What are other people's experiences?
Just came back from the Vancouver store. No stacking scratch card and discounted sets. I just picked up a Hoth base and a few s7 minifigures.