Target Black Friday USA

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Target Black Friday USA

Post by scatmanjack » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:40 am

Black Pearl 74.99
Duplo Deluxe Motorized Train 74.99

lawpepperdine
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Target Black Friday USA

Post by lawpepperdine » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:05 am

Is this in-store only. I don't think I have ever seen the deluxe duplo train in store.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:42 am

Here is an image from the ad scan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:45 am

And the fine print.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:57 am

The Duplo train retails for $120 at Lego and $125-$130 at Target. The savings works out to be almost 50 dollars off depending where you get your numbers from. Might this set also be a Brick Friday set at Lego? I haven't seen it in a while.

Jared

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:13 pm

Thanks for posting but dang!! Deals are not what they used to be.

MakoSlade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MakoSlade » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:16 pm

How many Targets still carry the Black Pearl? Didn't they blow that out over the Summer?

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:21 pm

MakoSlade wrote:How many Targets still carry the Black Pearl? Didn't they blow that out over the Summer?
Yeah, but they probably just hid some stock specifically for BF. They did this last year (or 2 years ago?) with the Castle Troll Mountain Fortress - same deal where it wasn't to be found but then the bust out dozens of copies per store on BF.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:22 pm

MakoSlade wrote:How many Targets still carry the Black Pearl? Didn't they blow that out over the Summer?
Online, every Target in my area is showing as "In Stock" (when you find item in store).

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Zeya wrote:
Yeah, but they probably just hid some stock specifically for BF. They did this last year (or 2 years ago?) with the Castle Troll Mountain Fortress - same deal where it wasn't to be found but then the bust out dozens of copies per store on BF.
This. The Fortress showed up in stores a few weeks before BF. Don't know if employees were supposed to put them out ahead of time or not. I wanted this for my son, cause he wasn't collecting when this was originally out. I was paranoid that I wouldn't get it because the store only had like 8 to begin with and what if they sold out ahead of time? There didn't seem to be high demand cause I was able to get the last one when I finally got to Target that morning and the place was packed.

Pirates surprised me, I would have guessed another city set or the Dino set. Not much of a deal either IMO. Of course i don't need it cause my boy already has it. BF doesn't look good this year.

***Almost forgot why I posted this. If my memory is correct, last year the "big" Lego set was also available online for the same price as listed in the ad but I can't remember 100% and it should be considered YMMV.

***Wow I'm getting old. Last year was the Pyramid Mummy Set! Yes, finally remembered! And it was available online.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Interesting. I was wondering why the Black Pearl was suddenly back in stock at Target, so this explains it. Apparently my Target is one that is putting out their stock for sale now, albeit at msrp. I also saw the Duply trains, first time I've noticed them in Target. Neither will get me out of bed on Black Friday.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:11 pm

Zeya wrote: ***Wow I'm getting old. Last year was the Pyramid Mummy Set! Yes, finally remembered! And it was available online.
Well then hopefully I can look forward to piles of BPs sitting on clearance forever, which is what happened last year with the Pyramids. I bet I could still find a few if I looked hard enough.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:56 pm

:down:

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:09 am

I wouldn't count on Pearls languishing on the shelves at $75. Though with the amount of effort necessary to get any BF deal, the savings isn't really worth the trouble / risk of being trampled.

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:51 am

brickarmor wrote:
Zeya wrote: ***Wow I'm getting old. Last year was the Pyramid Mummy Set! Yes, finally remembered! And it was available online.
Well then hopefully I can look forward to piles of BPs sitting on clearance forever, which is what happened last year with the Pyramids. I bet I could still find a few if I looked hard enough.
BPs in my area were rarely in stock at any store. They were either under stocked or sold well everywhere, not just Target. Lego clearance in my area is also gone at 30% off. My brother lives in Indiana and found the BP for 40% a few months ago (at Meijer I think) and got it for my son.

While it would be great, no one should expect to find these sitting on clearance shelves everywhere. Highly YMMV.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:11 am

Decent deal if you still need a Black Pearl.
Overall a huge miss compared to previous years.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:17 am

This deal is live on-line right now if you're a Red Card holder. Go through the check-out process and choose your Red Card to see the deal.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Strange, I've seen tons of black pearls at Walmarts this year clearenced at around $70...and no one buying them.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:54 pm

saw a stack of pearls on an endcap at target and figured it was the black friday set since it had been gone for a while

i agree, my walmart has pearls at 70 for a long time and no one was buying them at all.

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:35 pm

My guess would be that people saw the stacks of Pearls at $70 and figured, "There's plenty left, I'll grab it when they knock it down another 20%." Black Friday shoppers are unlikely to think this way.