[USA] Target Halloween Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
legogod
Knight
Knight

[USA] Target Halloween Clearance

Post by legogod » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:13 am

I looked before I posted to make sure there wasn't something already...

Monster Fighter ghost polybags (if they're still in your area) are ringing up 50% off as of today. I went to the Halloween section and it was a mess - I did a lot of digging and found 4- so I don't think the Killingly Target has any more. The Friends poly which was shelved with the Halloween merchandise is still ringing up full price (3.99).

Candy, decor, costumes and other toys are 50% off if you're interested.

Jared

prozac
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Target Halloween Clearance

Post by prozac » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:07 pm

I got to my target right as they opened and they didn't have any ghosts, but the friends cars were still there on the endcap with a 50% off sign. checked em and they were full price. Asked the people working back there and they said they would honor the price for what I already had in hand, but they were still cleaning up and pulled the rest of the sets off. Got 4 for $2 each :-)

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:42 pm

Does the DCPI code thing still work? Every time I click on the link it keeps taking me to the Target home page...

goshe7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by goshe7 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:07 pm

UnknownUser wrote:Does the DCPI code thing still work? Every time I click on the link it keeps taking me to the Target home page...
Same experience here, although I wouldn't count on that to show inventory accurately during clearance. I don't know how often that data is synchronized, but I don't believe it is real time.

I had a hard time finding Target stores with the ghost polybag in stock at full price before Halloween in Columbus... I've got to believe they are all gone by now. :(

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:33 pm

Targets still seem to have Friends polybags left but they are ringing up at full price. A manager kindly honored the sale price for us on a few we picked up.

Look for the Friends polybags on endcaps with random 50% off Halloween goods. They might be scattered about Halloween isles!

$2 is a good deal for Friends polybags. They make great stocking stuffers and gifts for the girls via toys for tots or whatever charity (we tend to donate lego but its often boys lego)

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:18 pm

goshe7 wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:Does the DCPI code thing still work? Every time I click on the link it keeps taking me to the Target home page...
Same experience here, although I wouldn't count on that to show inventory accurately during clearance. I don't know how often that data is synchronized, but I don't believe it is real time.

I had a hard time finding Target stores with the ghost polybag in stock at full price before Halloween in Columbus... I've got to believe they are all gone by now. :(
From what I heard the inventory shown is reflected during opening hours, and is never updated until later.

On a related note, my Targets have no polys and halloween merch is still sitting at 30% :sad:

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:02 pm

No luck on polybag ghosts at the Target I stopped by earlier. The section looked like a hurricane had hit it!

Managed to pick up one of the Chase McCain minifigures for a buck with a reservation card, so not a completely fruitless trip.

tommy20
Peasant
Peasant

Post by tommy20 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 pm

The-Daryl wrote:No luck on polybag ghosts at the Target I stopped by earlier. The section looked like a hurricane had hit it!
This.

Does anyone have them at retail anymore?

goshe7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by goshe7 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 am

goshe7 wrote:

Much to my surprise, I did find one 30201. Rang up for $1.19 despite the clearance sign saying 50% off.

All the targets had various Friends polybags in the Halloween clearance. One store adjusted to 50% off for the 5 I had in hand. The others refused, saying they were part of "normal inventory" and not holiday. I wasn't in an argumentative mood, so I just let it slide.

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:51 am

Both of my store (Coral Springs FL) only have those Stephanie polybags, and they're still at full price. :roll:
Probably gonna check more locations as an excuse to get more Chase reservations. :lol:

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by flash0222 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:12 pm

Woot, just found them at my local target!

Never could find them for full price, but they had 20-25 bags of them today in the discount halloween section.

I made off with 14 bags, $1.19 each (plus 5% off with red card)

Woot (this was the 30201 Ghost ploybag)

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:15 pm

Emma's Car scans as Mia's Skateboard and full price. There were only 3 left. Bought them anyway.

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:44 pm

Went to another target today that had the friends mailbox set still in the Halloween section. Had about 30 of them with a big 90% off sign. Of course they scanned full price but they honored it. Only bought 3 of them and paid a whopping $1.41 total for all 3 lol!

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:25 pm

The non-clearance of polybags is a re-occuring trend at Target. I don't recall the specifics but it happens with some polybags after the holidays. I think the Toy Story 3 Army Men set was like this. Perhaps one of the veterans can remember and elaborate from the past. The non-clearance polybags will probably be relocated to the areas by the registers or the girl lego area endcaps.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:49 pm

jsnweitzel, I know the Target closest to me now has the Harry Potter polybags that were clearanced after last Christmas in most places. They are 4.99. I think I picked them up last year for .50, so you may be right.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:53 am

I remember the first time I found X-Wing polys they were clearance for $2.48 even though I looked high and low multiple time for them and would have paid full price if I found them the first time. Ever since then, I've only seen Harry Potter actually get marked down.

Speaking of Target, when are they going to reveal LEGO Gift Cards? Last years' was epic even though the availability wasn't.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:06 pm

jsnweitzel wrote:The non-clearance of polybags is a re-occuring trend at Target. I don't recall the specifics but it happens with some polybags after the holidays. I think the Toy Story 3 Army Men set was like this. Perhaps one of the veterans can remember and elaborate from the past. The non-clearance polybags will probably be relocated to the areas by the registers or the girl lego area endcaps.
I found a few friends polybags today in the Halloween section (which is now 90% off) and they rang up at full price. As I was walking the regular toy section I noticed an endcap hanger with a grip of them on it and more of the regular polybags that are normally in the register lanes. All bags were at regular retail.(3.99 to 4.29) I also noticed they had the Harry Potter lab polybags again.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

legolebowski
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by legolebowski » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:38 am

Wow. Lucky people. Up in Canada we never got the Ghost poly... as far as I know. And we will get Target next year, but by then it's too late...