Target $10 Gift Card w/purchase of any set $39.99 or more

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
zskid00
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Target $10 Gift Card w/purchase of any set $39.99 or mor

Post by zskid00 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:50 am

So these sets are very clearly NOT excluded in the ad, but they don't have the shelf tags so they don't qualify? Is this a new policy at Target that the shelf tags trump the weekly ad? This is almost as laughable as the Toys R Us big toy book coupons.

cbaker1974
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cbaker1974 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:23 am

zskid00 wrote:So these sets are very clearly NOT excluded in the ad, but they don't have the shelf tags so they don't qualify? Is this a new policy at Target that the shelf tags trump the weekly ad? This is almost as laughable as the Toys R Us big toy book coupons.
I don't think this is the case, their system is just not set up to automatically take the gift card off due to some error in their code. They are honoring it if you take it to guest services.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:33 pm

cbaker1974 wrote:
zskid00 wrote:So these sets are very clearly NOT excluded in the ad, but they don't have the shelf tags so they don't qualify? Is this a new policy at Target that the shelf tags trump the weekly ad? This is almost as laughable as the Toys R Us big toy book coupons.
I don't think this is the case, their system is just not set up to automatically take the gift card off due to some error in their code. They are honoring it if you take it to guest services.
You might have to throw a fit for them to do it though. Okay, not literally, but you'll have to convince them, mine was reluctant and I was talking to the manager.

hrtlss
I'm New !

Post by hrtlss » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:23 pm

This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if this works on discounted sets too? $40 for the Tie Fighter with a $10 GC sounds very tempting.

Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eek » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:12 pm

I just received the Target Toys book today. Has anyone tried stacking the "$5 off $29 or higher LEGO item" coupon from the book with the gift card deal?

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:52 pm

hrtlss wrote:This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if this works on discounted sets too? $40 for the Tie Fighter with a $10 GC sounds very tempting.
It works with the TIE, yeah. Anything that rings $39.99 or up (excepting the exclusives, which you'll have to fight for).

Heathbar
I'm New !

Post by Heathbar » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:55 am

Eek wrote:I just received the Target Toys book today. Has anyone tried stacking the "$5 off $29 or higher LEGO item" coupon from the book with the gift card deal?
I haven't yet and I won't get to a target until Sat. But Target does start their holiday price matching today so they should match the online $84.99 price on the vampire castle, then if you could stack the $5 coupon and the $10 gift card - that would be an awesome deal.

hrtlss
I'm New !

Post by hrtlss » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:46 pm

zak001 wrote:
hrtlss wrote:This might be a dumb question but does anyone know if this works on discounted sets too? $40 for the Tie Fighter with a $10 GC sounds very tempting.
It works with the TIE, yeah. Anything that rings $39.99 or up (excepting the exclusives, which you'll have to fight for).
I tried to fight for the exclusives. Wanted to get Anakin's Interceptor but they wouldn't let me. Instead of listening to reason when I pointed out "all sets over $39.99...except friends" and that this definitely wasn't friends, 3 cashiers ganged up on me and insisted first it was only the ninja sets and later that there was an exception that star wars had to be $45 or more after they had someone check the aisle. Eventually they just closed register and walked away from me. Pretty surprising reaction, I thought.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:10 pm

hrtlss wrote:
zak001 wrote:
I tried to fight for the exclusives. Wanted to get Anakin's Interceptor but they wouldn't let me. Instead of listening to reason when I pointed out "all sets over $39.99...except friends" and that this definitely wasn't friends, 3 cashiers ganged up on me and insisted first it was only the ninja sets and later that there was an exception that star wars had to be $45 or more after they had someone check the aisle. Eventually they just closed register and walked away from me. Pretty surprising reaction, I thought.
The ad also lists the SW calendar too, so SW sets must count too.

It seems very wrong of the cashiers to just walk away like that....I would report them if I were you.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Got two orc forges at two different Targets. First one, a manager used his override for the gift card after i showed him the ad. Second one i had to go to CS and after seeing the ad gave me $10 off.

wiseple
I'm New !

Post by wiseple » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:49 pm

No luck in San Francisco, no gift card, no discount, but have to return the orc forges :(