2012 LEGO Bricktober Week 4 at ToysRUs America

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

2012 LEGO Bricktober Week 4 at ToysRUs America

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:15 pm

Its the last week for LEGO Bricktober. Unfortunately, Toys R Us America will have no LEGO sales again. Like every other week, you'll just get another Vintage LEGO Minifigure Collection with purchases above $60. This week, it will be volume 4 and will be valid from October 21-27 or while supplies last.

They do however have a LEGO Bricktober Event next Saturday, October 27 from 12-2pm. You can receive a free LEGO Monster Fighters Accessory Pack and you can also join in to build a LEGO Monster City at your local Toys R Us store.

Article Link: http://www.salesnbricks.com/2012-lego-b ... us-america" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Re: 2012 LEGO Bricktober Week 4 at ToysRUs America

Post by UnknownUser » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:23 pm

Wow....worst Bricktober ever in history.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:29 pm

I did look through the sales. Pretty Lame overall, but did see The Hobbit Game for 26.24 (reg 34.99). That is'nt awful AND you can get the figure pack.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:54 pm

You can get another $5 off the Hobbit game using a coupon you can find in a LEGO catalog in the store for $5 off a $25 LEGO game purchase. It's a manufacturer coupon, so it stacks with the 25% off sale.

This is definitely the worst Bricktober, and I think TRU's sales figures will reflect that. Every other year, by the last week in October you'd find the shelves almost empty, everything worth getting was gone. I stopped into TRU tonight and it looked like the week before Bricktober, the shelves stocked to overflowing with no empty spots. Either TRU bought more than usual (unlikely), or their lackluster sales on top of their regular retail price being over MSRP have driven away their LEGO customers. I'm betting on the latter. Last year I spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars at TRU on LEGO. This year, I've probably struggled to spend $100 there. Barnes and Noble and the LEGO store are getting my money now.

groovemachine
I'm New !

Post by groovemachine » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:49 pm

My stupid Toys 'R' Us won't give out the free vintage minifig sets, so there's really no reason to shop there. My wife has been there right at 10am when they open on Sundays and they feed her a line that the figs got sent to another store, etc., but they should get some in by next week. Total B.S. and really bad customer service.

Oberst Hajj
I'm New !

Post by Oberst Hajj » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:37 am

As my first year a new LEGO fan, I must say I did not buy anything from them is month either. Well, I picked up a couple of packs of the minfigs 7 & 8 for the kids stocking this year, but that was it. Even when they had the BOGO 40% off, I could always find the sets for a little less or for the same price (not having to buy two) at other stores or online.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:27 pm

I had an email that was good for like 3 days, that gave 10% off up to 50, 50-$100 15%, and $100+ 20%. Basically enough to cut some of the TRU Tax off to bring back to MSRP. I ended up finding some Lloyd ZX's, so I nabbed up enough to put me over the $60 threshold for the VMF set. Figured that was worth paying MSRP for...
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:02 am

What a drag... Volume 4 was the one I was waiting for and there's no LEGO deals this week. Would of been nice but gonna have to pass now. :cry:

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:24 pm

There's $10 off $50 online (only), but that's it.

fizicyst
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fizicyst » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:50 pm

"25% off" the following sets Wed & Thurs only:
380722 LEGO SH CATWOMAN CATCYCLE CITY CHASE
712209 LEGO SH WOLVERINE’S CHOPPER SHOWDOW
712220 LEGO SH CAPTAIN AMERICA’S AVENGING
792097 LEGO LORD OF THE RINGS URUK-HAI ARMY
792513 LEGO MONSTER FIGHTERS THE MUMMY

I am sure it will be 25% off the inflated price...

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:32 pm

Just for chuckles, I put two Uruk Hais in my cart.
At 32.99, they aren't 25% off even the TRU markup price.
It didn't apply the $10 off $50 either.
Other than that, good job TRU online!
This is why I only buy instore from them (except when they screw up in our favor online).
Instore, I have never had a problem stacking and getting what the ads promise. The managers always do the override if necessary. Online, you're SOL when their software doesn't know what their marketing department advertised.
I take satisfaction in knowing I already got all those SH sets at 80% off from them that one time...

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:39 pm

The 20% off over 125 won't work either. LOL TRU.

fizicyst
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by fizicyst » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:49 am

If you read my post, it said Wed & Thurs only...live now. 25% off the marked up price, as predicted.

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:33 am

I checked at 11:30pm Pacific... should have already had a Wed online sale up by then, if they were competent, but we all know they aren't.
And it still won't apply the other discounts.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:44 am

Yesterday in store, I got Hobbit Game $28 and Heroica Ilrion $17.49. The tags were not marked down, but scanned with discount. They had some good polys (even though they are $5 instead of $4) like Zombie Car, Friends Desk, and City construction vehicle. Couple of each of those and I got over $60. They still had the Vol 4 in stock on a Tuesday. Every other time they ran out Sunday, but since there were no real deals this week, it makes sense.

dragonhill2k3
I'm New !

Post by dragonhill2k3 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:21 am

Not to argue that Toys R Us is incompetent, but the flyer in the email I got said this: "Sale prices are effective online beginning at 9:00am Eastern on first day of sale"

Kind of stupid when most other places have sales go live at midnight.

And the other discounts I believe say they dont apply to on-sale items. Which is really annoying as well. You need a guidebook to figure out what deals apply to what and when.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:28 pm

I have to say, though, the Bricktober Monster Fighter event today was excellent. My son had a very narrow window of opportunity today as we were throwing a Halloween party at 1:30pm and he had morning classes, but I asked my husband to stop by the store with him right at noon to participate. I didn't realize it but it was a Make and Take event - my son came home with a cool Monster Fighter landscape that he built there (with lots of Monster Fighter Gems, coffins and gate pieces), as well as the accessory pack. Kudos to Toys R Us for a fun event.

Otiscaste
I'm New !

Post by Otiscaste » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:04 pm

We also had a good time at our local TRU for the monster build. Lots of unique pieces and ended up being able to take it home. The TRU employee was very generous and basically let the kids take as much as they wanted since it was dying out by 1:15. My son walked out with a coffin, tons of gate pieces, moonstones, swamp pieces, chain, rats, spiders, other misc pieces, and two of the promo poly bags. It was a little disorganized but parents were good at keeping it together and having the kids share so I think overall it was a good success.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:52 pm

I knew the accessory pack was too good to be what I thought it was. I didn't understand that the figures in the accessory pack are just stickers. You get the skeleton, gem, crystal, glow spider, glow web, and the stickers. At least it was free.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:26 am

I must admit that this was an excellent event. As stated above the kids got to keep what they made. When my kids were done one of the employees handed them each a TRU bag with the promo pack, some suckers and a small assortment of extra bricks. Lots of cool pieces to use on stuff. This was a one up for TRU but it still doesn't make up for the TRU tax on their legos. BTW, we just went in for the event and didn't actually purchase a thing. Free legos=happy kids and Dad. :up:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?