2012 LEGO Bricktober Week 4 at ToysRUs America

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: 2012 LEGO Bricktober Week 4 at ToysRUs America

Post by jsnweitzel » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 pm

The kids did not get to keep the builds at our TRU event. They only got to keep the polybag. Not complaining, our TRU has been great concerning these events in the past. Wish we could have got some of those awesome accessories though.

The builds went on a large table to create a large castle/city type thing with a backdrop. At least this time the TRU hostess had some help, most of the time she's on her own and has asked me to help.

fizicyst
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: 2012 LEGO Bricktober Week 4 at ToysRUs America

Post by fizicyst » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Yeah, my TRU did not let us keep any of the pieces. There were even a ton left over at the end. I asked what they were doing with them and they told me that they have bins full of lego in the back that they can pull out for future building events just in case lego does not send them more. Of course she also admitted that lego sends them a ton for every event and that they have probably over a hundred pounds in the back, but it is mostly common colored regular bricks, wheels and windshields...nothing as interesting as this stuff. I was drooling over the wall elements, glow in the dark spiders, frogs, wings, glow in the dark rats, coffins, bones and all of the other special pieces.

Ours had a huge line, took 20 minutes to set up (so it started at 12:20pm) and ran out of bags by 12:30pm (handing them out only after someone built something). My son built a small building and got a bag, but there were quite a few men there w/o kids taking bags...leaving some kids to get none.