B&N has King's Castle 7946

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: B&N has King's Castle 7946

Post by pumbaugh » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:48 pm

^^And a couple sold for 105 a few days ago and about 15-20 of them between 105 and 120 last month...now all you guys will go drive the price up there ;) But go ahead and keep trying to call me out...

Edit: and by the way those three marketplaces are about the last place i would go to buy an aftermarket set...but that is neither here nor there

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:56 pm

Finally got a shipping status update, it was stuck at "label printed" forever. Or maybe I just spent an eternity checking it. Over and over. Obsessively. Funny thing is I drove right by the place it is said to have originated today! Scheduled for Friday...

A year ago I was in Darkageland, a kingdom where LEGO castles are silly and frivolous...

lawpepperdine
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by lawpepperdine » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:17 pm

pumbaugh wrote:^^And a couple sold for 105 a few days ago and about 15-20 of them between 105 and 120 last month...now all you guys will go drive the price up there ;) But go ahead and keep trying to call me out...

Edit: and by the way those three marketplaces are about the last place i would go to buy an aftermarket set...but that is neither here nor there

No offense pumbaugh, and we obviously are all entitled to our differences of opinion and risk tolerance, but I personally have no desire to get my set from Tawain or South Korea, which is the brunt on the seller locations you have directed us all to at the $105 price. There's something to be said about being able to walk the set down the street to my local Barnes & Noble if they screw up, or if, as a previous poster noted, the box comes bashed up. But to each there own. On a shear price basis - with no other considerations - then you are correct, other sellers offering for $105. But if you are interested in those I have some beach front in Las Vegas you are going to love. How much free cash you looking to spend?

lawpepperdine
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by lawpepperdine » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:22 pm

And pumbaugh, re-reading I see you are not alone, techmister first identified Bricklink as the source of the $105 deal. Perhaps we can have a bidding war on my beach front property...

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:34 pm

LMAO trying to argue on a LEGO site...You said it wasn't so...two people pointed you in the right direction, why can't you just say oh and move on....no you have to try and condescend and demean....Average selling price over the last 6 months is 105....get a grip. Should I try to insult you now on how ignorant you are on your risks buying from a reputable merchant on bricklink? Nah...not gonna bother further with ya....Have a good evening!

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 pm

lawpepperdine wrote:And pumbaugh, re-reading I see you are not alone, techmister first identified Bricklink as the source of the $105 deal. Perhaps we can have a bidding war on my beach front property...
I just sold two copies of this set on Bricklink in the past two weeks, one for $112.50 and one for $120. Both are within pumbaugh's range of $105-$120. I'm located in MN.

techmiser
Peasant
Peasant

Post by techmiser » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:40 pm

lawpepperdine wrote: Perhaps you can educate the rest of us interest purchasers on what retailers out there sell it for a mere 5-20% markup on MSRP, because I am having trouble finding it.
lawpepperdine wrote: Perhaps we can have a bidding war on my beach front property...
Gee, I was only trying to be helpful by answering your question--that sets can be bought for $105-120 from resellers on Bricklink. Personally, I limit my purchases to resellers from the US or Canada to save on shipping costs, not to mitigate risk, which I think is low on Bricklink. If you're not comfortable buying from Bricklink, perhaps that's how you should have replied. Anyway, good luck selling that beach front property!

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:51 pm

Don't forget, shipping from Bricklink is rarely free. Just saying, when you quote prices, you should always consider the final cost (+ tax + shipping).

lawpepperdine
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by lawpepperdine » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:19 pm

Great point Tensor. Wow, pushed some good buttons on a couple of people here. And pumbaugh, interesting for you to comment on someone's opinion of your comments, seeing as how your contribution to this topic was to say "not sure why everyone is so excited about getting a set on msrp." Quality comment. Thank goodness for your voice on here.

As for you Desmond, your donkey comment bores me. Your grading system of no import.

Techmiser, you did stand up to defend pumbaugh's trolling comment, which is not condemnable, however, I have to agree with Tensor that absent the shipping cost taken into account it's really an apples to oranges comparison. I am not sure about the other BN purchases for kings castle, here, but mine was free shipping.

Regardless of the above, except for those of us who actually bought one of these recently from BN or those seeing if the deal is still active, I am personally puzzled why trolls are wasting their time commenting on why this deal is no good. If they feel that way, perhaps they should spend their time on another post. Just a thought.

techmiser
Peasant
Peasant

Post by techmiser » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:31 pm

Who's the troll? You, having taken the lowest road, adieu.

jasake
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jasake » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:56 pm

lawpepperdine wrote:Great point Tensor. Wow, pushed some good buttons on a couple of people here. And pumbaugh, interesting for you to comment on someone's opinion of your comments, seeing as how your contribution to this topic was to say "not sure why everyone is so excited about getting a set on msrp." Quality comment. Thank goodness for your voice on here.

As for you Desmond, your donkey comment bores me. Your grading system of no import.

Techmiser, you did stand up to defend pumbaugh's trolling comment, which is not condemnable, however, I have to agree with Tensor that absent the shipping cost taken into account it's really an apples to oranges comparison. I am not sure about the other BN purchases for kings castle, here, but mine was free shipping.

Regardless of the above, except for those of us who actually bought one of these recently from BN or those seeing if the deal is still active, I am personally puzzled why trolls are wasting their time commenting on why this deal is no good. If they feel that way, perhaps they should spend their time on another post. Just a thought.
A troll who hides its face behind the mask of man. You write so sophisticated giving the illusion that your status is higher than ours, but sadly you are only lying to yourself. They were just trying to be helpful and tell u their are other option, ofc there are risk when buying from a small business, but you don't have to be a * about it. Personally i like buying from other people, but you obviously showed your true color, you don't trust anyone you don't know.

legoSW88
I'm New !

Post by legoSW88 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:10 pm

BrickUpdate wrote:Didn't realize how much the price on this set jumped in the aftermarket. That said, I still think it is bad customer service to shove a $100 toy into a box too small for it, and then try to ship it.
BrickUpdate,

That's definitely disappointing to receive it that way. Would you say it was damaged by B&N at the time of packaging, or do you think damaged during shipping? Was the shipping box and packing material adequate? I wonder if it's possible to send back to B&N for a refund and if they'd pay the return shipping.

felagund
I'm New !

Post by felagund » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:52 am

Got mine today, only in a slightly better shape. The edges were slightly crushed just like BrickUpdate's.

Turns out B&N stuffed this into a shipping box where the length was about a quarter inch too short for this thing causing the edges to crease in.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:39 am

Yep, @felagund described it well, they shoved it in a box just slightly too short on the long side. So the damage occurred during the packing/shipping process. Which is a shame.

MarkV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MarkV » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:37 am

Sounds like I have a damaged box to look forward to :(

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:44 am

I love how people see the listing price on Amazon, ebay, or B&N third party sellers and think that's the price it is worth. Listing price does not always equal selling price. Bricklnk gives us a way to see what sets are actually selling for. You might get some unsuspecting mom or dad with a high price on ebay, Amazon, etc., but any AFOL knows that the true value of a set can be found by checking Bricklink.

Not to mention, I don't see this set commanding a high value in the future, Kingdoms was here and gone so fast it isn't likely to have built up a huge following, and mom's and dads have not one, but two castles to chose from on the shelves right now (Helm's Deep, Monster Fighters). For Kingdoms collectors, they are probably more interested in the minifigs, and the Chess set is the way to go for those right now.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:58 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Factory-Sea ... 1e71908438" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Most recent completed listing. Is all I'm saying. But that is feeBay, where logic and research are irrelevancies.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:43 am

This thread has gotten way off topic, and vicious at times :(. Can we please focus on just the 7946 sets ordered from B&N here?

Also, could others please post what kind of boxes they are receiving? The pics from brickupdate worry me. They are selling a set at MSRP that is in a clearly destroyed box. Regardless of people using this for resell or build, that's really unacceptable. Broken boxes like this usually end up at the Lego employee store at 75% off. I know for the bigger sets, I like to flatten and store the boxes for coolness, so even if I am building something, I still like to have the box be not-destroyed.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:46 am

tensor wrote:This thread has gotten way off topic, and vicious at times :(. Can we please focus on just the 7946 sets ordered from B&N here?

Also, could others please post what kind of boxes they are receiving? The pics from brickupdate worry me. They are selling a set at MSRP that is in a clearly destroyed box. Regardless of people using this for resell or build, that's really unacceptable. Broken boxes like this usually end up at the Lego employee store at 75% off. I know for the bigger sets, I like to flatten and store the boxes for coolness, so even if I am building something, I still like to have the box be not-destroyed.
Agreed. Stick to the topic and if you don't have something constructive to contribute then it's a post that's worth reconsidering.

legoSW88
I'm New !

Post by legoSW88 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:53 pm

BrickUpdate wrote:Yep, @felagund described it well, they shoved it in a box just slightly too short on the long side. So the damage occurred during the packing/shipping process. Which is a shame.
Thanks. Their disregard for paid product says a lot about their business "strategy". They clearly don't get it - there are many other retailers to choose from.