B&N has King's Castle 7946

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
bongtong
I'm New !

Re: B&N has King's Castle 7946

Post by bongtong » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Marcus70 wrote:Mine says shipping tomorrow. I'll guess they'll know in 24 hours if they actually had them? :)
Last edited by bongtong on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:56 pm

Mine doesn't have a confirmed ship date yet. It just says thanks for the order. Uh oh, I may get a cancellation.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

kn1ghtcr4wler
I'm New !

Post by kn1ghtcr4wler » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:16 pm

MarkV wrote:It's been taken down.

Well, this one is still there, but way too pricy.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-ga ... 6/19904971" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh bummer : ( :shock: , thanks anyway! guess I was late when I saw this entry! :-)

doriansdad
Peasant
Peasant

Post by doriansdad » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:16 am

My orders say shipping 10/9. I'm sure they will all get cancelled but it was worth a shot. If they had them in stock then why wait until the 9th to ship them lol.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:29 pm

Somebody done goofed?

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Mine still says shipping the 5th (today), though I am prepared for the "Sorry, we made a mistake email."

YuhaoLu
Peasant
Peasant

Post by YuhaoLu » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Just got the "Sorry, we made a mistake e-mail." Contacted live chat to ask why, and the answer was, unsurprisingly, "Your order was cancelled because the item was not available."

happymark
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by happymark » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:48 pm

I am not surprised because BN online system is not accurate.
(I had several bad experience with BN.com)
they might be oversold or maybe the online information was not up to date.

it is disappointing.
I ordered Minecraft set and got cancelled. - I heard somebody's order was shipped though..
I feel it is not fair ;(
YuhaoLu wrote:Just got the "Sorry, we made a mistake e-mail." Contacted live chat to ask why, and the answer was, unsurprisingly, "Your order was cancelled because the item was not available."

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:50 pm

YuhaoLu wrote:Just got the "Sorry, we made a mistake e-mail." Contacted live chat to ask why, and the answer was, unsurprisingly, "Your order was cancelled because the item was not available."
I think they should offer something for their error and breaking your heart. I am sure my cancellation will be coming soon.

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Cancelled :(

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:18 pm

My heart is made of LEGO, and it is breaking... like my iPad from the number of times I've punched it to refresh my email, waiting for dooooooom. And I'm STILL waiting, but it ain't looking good. Scheduled to ship on the 5th, paypal transaction still pending. Ugh.

MarkV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MarkV » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Well, I ordered 4 48x48 base plates with mine. They shipped 3 baseplates yesterday. Tonight, they cancelled 1 base plate and claimed to be shipping the King's Castle.

Any bets I have a lot of **** to untangle to get my $$$'s back?

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:49 pm

I still haven't heard anything. Maybe no news is good news? Probably not.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

lawpepperdine
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by lawpepperdine » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:00 pm

I called today, at 5:45 PM PST, and spoke to a person who barely spoke English. Anyway, I had ordered a couple of the Ninjago Snappa Spinners with my King's Castle. I got a cancellation today, for the Snappa Spinners. Meanwhile the King's Castle said expected to ship today. So I called BN. I explained, first, I am confused why my Snappa order was cancelled, since it still shows I can purchase it on the website. To which the intelligible gent replied (I think) " we don't have that item, it was a mistake - takes 24 to 48 hours for website to update." Okay, fine, whatever, what about my King's Castle that said its supposed to ship today, its now 5:45 pm PST, I doubt you guys are planning to ship it out after hours so what's the dilly-o. "That one we ordered from LEGO and it coming, be here soon. We ship that one out on October 9th."

Odds that Barnes and Noble ordered a Long Since Discontinued Set from LEGO just recently - 0%
Odds that my King's Castle order is cancelled - 100%
Odds that put similar items (Snappa/King's Castle) up again in the future with zero stock in support - 80%
Playing with my emotions on getting a long-since discontinued set at retail instead of being raked across the coals on eBay or Amazon for it - Priceless

There are some things money can't buy - BN phantom stock apparently - for everything else, there's Visa....

lawpepperdine
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by lawpepperdine » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Or Mastercard. I forget the card for the commercial.

Bob-n-Crew
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bob-n-Crew » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:40 am

lawpepperdine wrote: --snip--
Odds that Barnes and Noble ordered a Long Since Discontinued Set from LEGO just recently - 0%
Odds that put similar items (Snappa/King's Castle) up again in the future with zero stock in support - 80%
Playing with my emotions on getting a long-since discontinued set at retail instead of being raked across the coals on eBay or Amazon for it - Priceless

There are some things money can't buy - BN phantom stock apparently - for everything else, there's Visa....
Where's that stupid thumbs up button when you need it?
(Well said! And I thought you'd _meant_ to say Visa as part of the whole shmear campaign!)

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Got an email saying order delayed..but not cancelled...yet.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:41 pm

Got the same delay email as KWKW... Not cancelled yet...

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:36 pm

^ & ^^ Ditto.

legodork
Peasant
Peasant

Post by legodork » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:41 pm

lawpepperdine wrote:I called today, at 5:45 PM PST, and spoke to a person who barely spoke English. Anyway, I had ordered a couple of the Ninjago Snappa Spinners with my King's Castle. I got a cancellation today, for the Snappa Spinners. Meanwhile the King's Castle said expected to ship today. So I called BN. I explained, first, I am confused why my Snappa order was cancelled, since it still shows I can purchase it on the website. To which the intelligible gent replied (I think) " we don't have that item, it was a mistake - takes 24 to 48 hours for website to update." Okay, fine, whatever, what about my King's Castle that said its supposed to ship today, its now 5:45 pm PST, I doubt you guys are planning to ship it out after hours so what's the dilly-o. "That one we ordered from LEGO and it coming, be here soon. We ship that one out on October 9th."

Anyone else recall last year's HP Touchpad firesale? B&N online had that puppy "in stock" for hours at the firesale price, only to cancel virtually everyone's order a few days later. In fact, I know of no one who ordered that received one. It really was quite odd. B&N online is seemingly up to its old tricks.