B&N has King's Castle 7946

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
bongtong
I'm New !

Re: B&N has King's Castle 7946

Post by bongtong » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:40 pm

:up:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:58 am

Mine was packed like Bongtong's, with the packing box about 1/16 shorter than the lego box, meaning a) it had to bulge packing box slightly in length and b) left the lego box at the mercy of ANY bumps or bruises that may occur in transit. My box had a corner slightly bent, but nothing like brickupdate's. Had this not been a nice find on a set I can't get even close to msrp anywhere else, I would complain to them.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:27 am

tensor wrote:... Had this not been a nice find on a set I can't get even close to msrp anywhere else, I would complain to them.
send them a note anyway, maybe they will give you a gift card or something.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:14 am

They usually will drefund you 10% - if you push it and are a good customer they might give you a credit for the entire cost (usually only happens if you're an international customer - where the cost of return shipping is greater than the cost to refund).
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:35 am

Mine just arrived, packed tightly in an outer box with some air pillows on top of the LEGO but nothing protecting sides... No damage to LEGO box but one corner of shipping box was crushed in a bit. Satisfied customer...

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:10 pm

Nearly the same as scatmanjack: rather snug outer box caused crease across the top fold, but otherwise I am ecstatic! That's a heavy little set! I was expecting the box to be larger because of the piece count, but it's a compact chunk of goodness. THANK YOU MARKV!!!!

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Just got it tonight, with just a few stress cracks on the front and back of the lego box. I too, expected a larger box, as it feels quite dense, but I'm very happy with my purchase. :)

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Got mine today too. Box looks nice luckily i had air pillows and plenty of box room to spare. Can't wait to pop this sucker open!

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:15 am

Grats to all. :-D

scandell
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by scandell » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:07 am

I am really jealous. :)

legodork
Peasant
Peasant

Post by legodork » Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:46 am

scandell wrote:I am really jealous. :)
Ditto! I was too late to the deal. I heard about the crushed box complaints but personally that would not have bothered me, in light of the "discount" MSRP; meaning, I would gladly pay the $100 MSRP with the crushed box vs $150+ aftermarket price for this discontinued item. Same goes for some of the recent WM deals, which deals I also missed. I would have gladly taken a $120 Town Hall with a crushed box vs paying $200 (MSRP) or even $160 (Target and Amazon sale price) for one with a pristine box because that still $40 to $80 in saving. But that's just me...

scandell
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by scandell » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:44 am

legodork wrote:
scandell wrote:I am really jealous. :)
Ditto! I was too late to the deal. I heard about the crushed box complaints but personally that would not have bothered me, in light of the "discount" MSRP; meaning, I would gladly pay the $100 MSRP with the crushed box vs $150+ aftermarket price for this discontinued item. Same goes for some of the recent WM deals, which deals I also missed. I would have gladly taken a $120 Town Hall with a crushed box vs paying $200 (MSRP) or even $160 (Target and Amazon sale price) for one with a pristine box because that still $40 to $80 in saving. But that's just me...
We are one in the same.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:08 pm

My box was scuffed up and missing portions of box's artwork.

MarkV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MarkV » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:32 pm

Mine showed up over the weekend... pristine on the outside - sounded pristine internally (knock on ABS). We have a boxless one we still need to build before I start opening new boxes. I'll chalk it up to Karma this time (started the thread)...

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 pm

octick wrote:My box was scuffed up and missing portions of box's artwork.
Same. It's as if there was a price tag on the corner and it was ripped off. I'm totally fine w/ it though as long as the innards are in tact. :)

kiiaal
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kiiaal » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:07 pm

I just got delivery of my set to Canada this evening. No one was home to receive it so the box was just laying on the porch!! Outer box was not damaged and the Castle box is in near mint condition. Tight squeeze but the packer did a good job. Couldn't be happier.

To top it off, just earlier today, I picked up a brand new Kingdoms Mill Village Raid #7189 for only $59.99 CDN at an independent toy store that just opened up.

I guess this is the problem with acquiring the Castle, the feature piece of this line. Without it, I wasn't going to even bother buying any of the Kingdoms sets.

OK...2 down...how many more to go in the Kingdoms series? I guess the next biggest set is Joust.

Thanks again MarkV :)

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:05 pm

kiiaal wrote:I just got delivery of my set to Canada this evening. No one was home to receive it so the box was just laying on the porch!! Outer box was not damaged and the Castle box is in near mint condition. Tight squeeze but the packer did a good job. Couldn't be happier.

To top it off, just earlier today, I picked up a brand new Kingdoms Mill Village Raid #7189 for only $59.99 CDN at an independent toy store that just opened up.

I guess this is the problem with acquiring the Castle, the feature piece of this line. Without it, I wasn't going to even bother buying any of the Kingdoms sets.

OK...2 down...how many more to go in the Kingdoms series? I guess the next biggest set is Joust.

Thanks again MarkV :)
Lol Im doing the same thing. I didn't even look at the other kingdoms sets but since i got the kings castle I've picked up multiples of every other kingdoms set on bricklink to give the castle a proper epic battle scene :)