Walmart Pet shop, Death Star back

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Walmart Pet shop, Death Star back

Post by NiceMarmot » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:53 am

Arghhh! Tower Bridge was in stock at $194, but when I added it to my cart, it was out of stock! I refreshed the product page and weirdly, the product page showed it in-stock for about 2-3 minutes after my shopping cart showed it out of stock, and then it finally went out of stock on the product page too. My guess is they cache the product pages for five minutes or so. Anyway, I hope one of you all got this one!

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:52 pm

I got my Town Hall today from Walmart and I don't think I could have destroyed the box the way it showed up if I tried. There are two huge holes, packing tape all over it, crushed on all four corners, pieces of the box missing, etc. WTF. Now I need to figure out how many bags are suppose to come with the set....

hoverta
I'm New !

Post by hoverta » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:03 pm

That stinks SlickP. Did you have it shipped to your house? I avoid that for the very reasons you mentioned. I pick it up in store since they seem to be better that way. The only issue then is picking it up in some stores since they are slow as molasses at the in store pickup window.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:04 pm

SlickP wrote:I got my Town Hall today from Walmart and I don't think I could have destroyed the box the way it showed up if I tried. There are two huge holes, packing tape all over it, crushed on all four corners, pieces of the box missing, etc. WTF. Now I need to figure out how many bags are suppose to come with the set....
Brickset.com has a good forum for this. It helped my brother with how many bags the GE has. He wanted to open it up and put it together with his family so the condition didn't matter. Though I think if you are concerned about the box you might be able to exchange it for a nicer one if you order it online if they do restock.

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Yes, shipped to my house since it was only $.97 and I hate going to Walmart CS. I guess I'll know better next time...

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 pm

hoverta wrote:That stinks SlickP. Did you have it shipped to your house? I avoid that for the very reasons you mentioned. I pick it up in store since they seem to be better that way. The only issue then is picking it up in some stores since they are slow as molasses at the in store pickup window.
looks like it is hit or miss.

my GE came to my house in perfect condition.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

hoverta
I'm New !

Post by hoverta » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 pm

ncbarrett, was your GE shipped in a box or with a label slapped on the lego box itself?

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:26 pm

My GE was fine, but it was shipped in a separate cardboard box. It came from Bensonville, AR, so I'm guessing Walmart's main fulfillment center there did it. I wonder if some of these are being fulfilled from individual stores, and they're the ones just slapping the label on it.

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:52 pm

If anyone's interested, the red passenger train is currently in stock for ~$89.

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:20 pm

All of our sets came in larger cardboard boxes. Everything was fine except one GE had a heavily dented corner. (The outer box was not damaged so I assume it was that way when it went in) All were shipped from the main fulfillment center.

King

techmiser
Peasant
Peasant

Post by techmiser » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:32 pm

I received two very large boxes from Walmart that had only one modular in each box plus a couple of scraps of crumpled brown paper for "padding." Problem was that the outer box could fit 3 to 4 of these sets, so the important inner box got dented and creased from sloshing around during transport. It's strange that they didn't combine the two orders into a single package.

tronan
I'm New !

Post by tronan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:11 pm

I received a large box from Walmart that had the Grand Emporium inside plus the 'crumpled brown paper' packing material mentioned above. No problems with the box though - it arrived in good shape - though it could move around a bit inside. Sorry for those of you with the shipping nightmares above.

p.s. For anyone who snagged an extra Pet Shop or Fire Brigade: please contact me via PM if you would be interested in trading for some new in box SW sets (Frigates, MFs, a Clone Turbo Tank, a T6, a Bounty Hunter, a DM Sith Inf, and others. Thanks!)

SlickP
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SlickP » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:08 pm

hoverta wrote:ncbarrett, was your GE shipped in a box or with a label slapped on the lego box itself?
Mine that was damaged was shipped from Bentonville with just a Fed-ex sticker on the back of Town Hall box.

hoverta
I'm New !

Post by hoverta » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:17 pm

tronan wrote:I received a large box from Walmart that had the Grand Emporium inside plus the 'crumpled brown paper' packing material mentioned above. No problems with the box though - it arrived in good shape - though it could move around a bit inside. Sorry for those of you with the shipping nightmares above.

p.s. For anyone who snagged an extra Pet Shop or Fire Brigade: please contact me via PM if you would be interested in trading for some new in box SW sets (Frigates, MFs, a Clone Turbo Tank, a T6, a Bounty Hunter, a DM Sith Inf, and others. Thanks!)
That's how Amazon does it too though. And it stinks. Use a huge flimsy box with a tiny bit of paper inside. I get my stuff from Amazon like that and it always ticks me off too. I try and avoid the walmart issue by going to store.

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:42 pm

Town Hall ($132.57) and Grand Emporium ($103.22) back in stock!! Who knows for how long?

wiseple
I'm New !

Post by wiseple » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:44 pm

This item is out of stock. Please Save for later or Remove.
Just OOS in 2 mins!?

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:49 pm

There is probably some nerdy I.T. guy toying (pardon the pun) with us. Putting things in stock and then taking them down a few seconds later giggling the whole time. :lol:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:55 pm

anakinisvader wrote:There is probably some nerdy I.T. guy toying (pardon the pun) with us. Putting things in stock and then taking them down a few seconds later giggling the whole time. :lol:
Seriously. Probably watching this forum too, and laughing at us. What else could it be? It's not like they're going to randomly discover one in the back of the warehouse every four hours or so. I think they've got a pallet of each set left, and they're drawing out the pain, releasing a few per day, and watching us go nuts over them!

I seem to have bought one of the Town Halls. We'll see whether I get it... It did still say in stock after my purchase, but I think their product page takes a few minutes to update.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:10 am

Almost everything seems to be back in stock this AM

just got tower bridge, GE and pet shop. go go go :shock:

MarkV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MarkV » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:32 am

popnfresh wrote:Almost everything seems to be back in stock this AM

just got tower bridge, GE and pet shop. go go go :shock:
Toying with us or was it true? They're gone 20 minutes later. :(

Well, DeathStar ($318) and Diagon Alley ($116) were there. I just want a GE.