[USA] Kmart LEGO Clearance Fall 2012

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Kmart LEGO Clearance Fall 2012

Post by ninjagoyo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 pm

player66 wrote:San Leandro, CA and Hayward, CA stores have the Marvel Super Heroes figures for $7.

I picked up what looked like San Leandro's last (damaged box) Tie Fighter set, but the rest of the sets were regular priced as of this morning.

Good hunting, all!
If you were thinking about venturing across the Bay, don't bother... San Mateo and Redwood City both completely dry, except a board game or two. Don't know why I keep bothering to go, I've never found a single thing decent on clearance at either of them in five or six tries.

Cowabunga_kid
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Cowabunga_kid » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:15 pm

The only set I was able to find at my local Kmart was a Catwomen Chase for $6 and the reason I found that was because it was hidden deep behind other sets in the aisle.

teknolawgik
I'm New !

Post by teknolawgik » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:35 pm

went to 4 more Kmart locations in the Denver, CO area and was only able to find one Geonosian Starfighter buried behind other sets that was marked down. There were some sets placed in clearance but not marked. They still rang full price when I checked.

jasake
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jasake » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:58 pm

ninjagoyo wrote:
If you were thinking about venturing across the Bay, don't bother... San Mateo and Redwood City both completely dry, except a board game or two. Don't know why I keep bothering to go, I've never found a single thing decent on clearance at either of them in five or six tries.
i went to the san mateo kmart today (took me an hr 30min)
i scored PoC the mill and the cannibal escape 55% off, picked up the last 2
i saw the board games and a star wars set but didnt want them and left it there

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 pm

jasake wrote: i went to the san mateo kmart today (took me an hr 30min)
i scored PoC the mill and the cannibal escape 55% off, picked up the last 2
i saw the board games and a star wars set but didnt want them and left it there
Seriously?!? Were they on the big long clearance shelf at the end of the Toy Section, or among the regular LEGOs? I admit that I didn't scan stuff without stickers, or dig through every single crap toy on the clearance shelf looking for stashed items. Probably because I wasn't expecting to find anything anyway at that location.

Fortunately, I already had grabbed 2x the mill for 75% off elsewhere over the summer, and 4x cannibal for 66%, so I wouldn't have wanted those particular ones anyway, and I don't feel too bad. The fact you actually found something there will probably tempt me to go again next time, and again come away empty handed...

ironman617
I'm New !

Post by ironman617 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:15 pm

All i found was genosian fighter for 13.50$ =/

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:27 am

I just missed it. Only 25% at one location on Monday on scanners. Saw tie fighters, xings, ninjago, and other goodies. Checked again on Wednesday and everything was wiped out. Saw a lone fire plane that finally rang up at 50% off.

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:26 am

Nice haul from a Kmart in West Mifflin (South Pittsburgh)

Rattlecopter x2
Geonosian Starfighter x2
Superheroes Catwoman x10
Alien Conquest tripod x4

thanks so much for posting this. ty TnB

itseugene
I'm New !

Post by itseugene » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:54 am

Hmm, my VA Kmart didn't have clearance Legos. Are they in the same normal section or moved? What scanner app do you use? Thanks so much!

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:09 am

dilbert12 wrote:Checked 2 Kmarts. Found a bunch of Stephanie's Bakery and Pet Patrol sets at the 50% extra off at one. Tie Fighter and X-Wing were full price. Other Kmart had X-Wing at full price too, but I snagged a Batman chase one for $5.

K-Mart clearance is usually consistent across stores in my experience, but it's starting to look more like Wal-Mart clearance in terms of consistency.
Which one? I would love to get her my daughters some Stephanie's Bakeries. Did they have any more Batmans?

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:11 am

Went to Bellflower in So CA
Got: witch doctor, minotauraus, heroica, and a bunch of great non-LEGO stuff

Wasn't on Sale: any Super Hero bionicle-type sets, Hulk breakout, TIE, cube escape, wolverine, fire plane

Didn't see any: Catwoman, marina, X-wing, Harry Potter.

Only the LEGO games had yellow tags, and there were no scanners in the store (They were all removed for some reason), had to drag everything to the register and back

clerkkent
Peasant
Peasant

Post by clerkkent » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:25 pm

for you central California folks, did anyone visit the Fresno and/or Atwater stores? Last year I swung by the Atwater store and it was quite the honey hole.. ended up with 2 shopping carts full of discounts.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Kmart in NJ Westwood had the catwoman pack for $5 and the geonosian for $13.50. All other sets were msrp like the xwing and tie fighter. AC conquest was still msrp and the boxes were open. Still stuff left. They were all in the regular aisle. Nothing was marked even they have a clearance section.

jasake
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jasake » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:13 pm

ninjagoyo wrote: Seriously?!? Were they on the big long clearance shelf at the end of the Toy Section, or among the regular LEGOs? I admit that I didn't scan stuff without stickers, or dig through every single crap toy on the clearance shelf looking for stashed items. Probably because I wasn't expecting to find anything anyway at that location.
they were not in the clearance section, but with the normally priced lego

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:14 pm

jasake wrote: they were not in the clearance section, but with the normally priced lego
I had the list of the ones that everyone else was finding, grabbed a few from the main aisle, and just gave it a try. It is a little weird to carry all that stuff to the scanners, but if you grab a representative piece, you can get a sense if they are on sale.

cdoobiest
I'm New !

Post by cdoobiest » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:45 pm

Tried Somerville MA and Salem NH store. No clearance LEGOS. Scanned items people were finding. Full price at both stores.

cdoobiest
I'm New !

Post by cdoobiest » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:46 pm

dho7622u wrote:
jasake wrote: they were not in the clearance section, but with the normally priced lego
I had the list of the ones that everyone else was finding, grabbed a few from the main aisle, and just gave it a try. It is a little weird to carry all that stuff to the scanners, but if you grab a representative piece, you can get a sense if they are on sale.
Curious, did you find any. I scanned a number of items people listed and every one of them was full price

clerkkent
Peasant
Peasant

Post by clerkkent » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:00 pm

sigh... today I found the alphabet and the numbers Duplo sets for my little one. They weren't scanning right at the checkout; more like 50% off normal price, despite the yellow discount sticker showing a lower clearance price. . I had to escalate to the manager that the 'additional 50% off clearance toys' sale meant that it is 50% off the lowest marked price on the box, NOT 50% off MSRP on clearance toys. She finally capitulated.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:36 am

cdoobiest wrote: Curious, did you find any. I scanned a number of items people listed and every one of them was full price
No. As I said in my previous post, none of the sets seemed to be on sale. I am guessing the CatWoman might have been, because there weren't any on the shelves when I went back the second time.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:07 am

cdoobiest wrote:Tried Somerville MA and Salem NH store. No clearance LEGOS. Scanned items people were finding. Full price at both stores.
Catwoman was $5 in Somerville when I was there earlier in the week. They were all on the overstock top shelf. About 6 of them. Someone must have seen my post. Salem never has clearance LEGO. Really, neither does Somerville. I got lucky there once and picked up the Mill POTC.