[USA] Toys R Us LEGO Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off Now 50% Off Online

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
csun22
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Toys R Us LEGO Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off 9/30-10/6 + Off

Post by csun22 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:41 pm

MitchMitchem wrote:
csun22 wrote:I tried purchasing two UCS Star Wars sets, the Super Star Destroyer and Death Star 2. I ended up emailing TRU customer service and they replied with what I feel is a bogus answer. The short answer (without copy and pasting my somewhat long winded/very detailed email to them) is I did try to use the BOGO on something and was denied because they stated those two sets weren't included, not even something vague that could be interpreted as such.
File a complaint with the BBB.
I took your advice and filed a complaint with the BBB. I just received an email from someone at TRU:

Mr. XXX,

We have received your complaint submitted through the Better Business Bureau. I am aware that you have attempted to purchase Lego sets during one of our promotions. I apologize that there was an inconvenience with your order. I would like to rectify the situation and assist in placing the order. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

XXXX XXXX
Executive Guest Services

So, I emailed her back to see how she felt the situation could be "rectified". Guess I'll see what she offers if anything.

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Toys R Us LEGO Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off 9/30-10/6 + Off

Post by chenwaa123 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:15 pm

csun22 wrote:
MitchMitchem wrote:
csun22 wrote:I tried purchasing two UCS Star Wars sets, the Super Star Destroyer and Death Star 2. I ended up emailing TRU customer service and they replied with what I feel is a bogus answer. The short answer (without copy and pasting my somewhat long winded/very detailed email to them) is I did try to use the BOGO on something and was denied because they stated those two sets weren't included, not even something vague that could be interpreted as such.
File a complaint with the BBB.
I took your advice and filed a complaint with the BBB. I just received an email from someone at TRU:

Mr. XXX,

We have received your complaint submitted through the Better Business Bureau. I am aware that you have attempted to purchase Lego sets during one of our promotions. I apologize that there was an inconvenience with your order. I would like to rectify the situation and assist in placing the order. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

XXXX XXXX
Executive Guest Services

So, I emailed her back to see how she felt the situation could be "rectified". Guess I'll see what she offers if anything.
Good job! Interested to see what happens.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: [USA] Toys R Us LEGO Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off Now 50% Off Onl

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:07 pm

The BBB doesn't care. I worked for TRU and Lowes and other big box stores. The BBB is there to make it seem like someone cares about the shoppers, they don't.

csun22
I'm New !

Post by csun22 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:The BBB doesn't care. I worked for TRU and Lowes and other big box stores. The BBB is there to make it seem like someone cares about the shoppers, they don't.
Well my filing a complaint with them got a response from TRU and they say they want to "make things right". I shoulld know soon enough what they mean by that. I'm going to try calling the person that emailed me tomorrow on my lunch break.

csun22
I'm New !

Post by csun22 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:49 pm

Just a quick update. After playing phone tag with the rep from TRU, I was told I would be given a code so I could make my purchase via their website and they would be honoring the BOGO 40% off for the Super Star Destroyer and the Death Star. When I got home and made my purchase, I found out the code I was given actually gave me 40% off my entire purchase! In addition to that, I received a free Darth Maul mini figure and got free S/H (which I'm guessing came as the result of another promo TRU was running on one of the items).

What would have cost me $800 not including tax and possibly S/H cost me a total of $522. I got shipping confirmation today and I should have most of my order tomorrow. Thanks BBB!

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:01 am

Wow, that's great!

kiiaal
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kiiaal » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:01 am

csun22 wrote:Just a quick update. After playing phone tag with the rep from TRU, I was told I would be given a code so I could make my purchase via their website and they would be honoring the BOGO 40% off for the Super Star Destroyer and the Death Star. When I got home and made my purchase, I found out the code I was given actually gave me 40% off my entire purchase! In addition to that, I received a free Darth Maul mini figure and got free S/H (which I'm guessing came as the result of another promo TRU was running on one of the items).

What would have cost me $800 not including tax and possibly S/H cost me a total of $522. I got shipping confirmation today and I should have most of my order tomorrow. Thanks BBB!
Amazing, 40% off your 'entire' purchase. Did you try buying other exclusives like the modulars? $90 for FB, PS, GE would be jaw dropping. :eek:

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:21 pm

csun22 wrote:Just a quick update. After playing phone tag with the rep from TRU, I was told I would be given a code so I could make my purchase via their website and they would be honoring the BOGO 40% off for the Super Star Destroyer and the Death Star. When I got home and made my purchase, I found out the code I was given actually gave me 40% off my entire purchase! In addition to that, I received a free Darth Maul mini figure and got free S/H (which I'm guessing came as the result of another promo TRU was running on one of the items).

Would you like to share the code? It may work for others too.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:49 pm

Classy... :(

csun22
I'm New !

Post by csun22 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:59 pm

The code I got showed up as an "appeasement" code, so I have a feeling it won't work. The person asked me specifically what items I was going to purchase before she issued the code to me so I'm guessing its a one time code and would only work on the two items I bought.

The two sets arrived today in separate boxes. The SSD box is in fantastic condition. The DS had a couple minor dings on a corner or two, but for the price I got them for I'm definitely not complaining :)

keithk
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by keithk » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Tried "appeasement", but code not accepted. It was worth a shot!

Also tried "BBB", "ballbuster" and "damntheyarereallyholdingustoourwords"...no dice

;)