[USA] Toys R Us LEGO Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off Now 50% Off Online

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
csun22
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Toys R Us LEGO Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off 9/30-10/6 + Off

Post by csun22 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:15 pm

Would it be ok for me to post a complaint (rather lengthy) about Toys R Us and this deal here in this thread? They are telling me I'm wrong, but I'm having a hard time seeing it and I'm usually pretty unbiased.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:05 pm

csun22 wrote:Would it be ok for me to post a complaint (rather lengthy) about Toys R Us and this deal here in this thread? They are telling me I'm wrong, but I'm having a hard time seeing it and I'm usually pretty unbiased.
Did you try to purchase :exclusives, Holiday Bakery, Post Office, Modulars, MMV etc that weren't included in the sale even though the fine print doesn't specifically say they are excluded?

That was very courteous of you to ask if it was ok to make a complaint about a retailer. Most aren't that thoughtful.

csun22
I'm New !

Post by csun22 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:49 pm

I tried purchasing two UCS Star Wars sets, the Super Star Destroyer and Death Star 2. I ended up emailing TRU customer service and they replied with what I feel is a bogus answer. The short answer (without copy and pasting my somewhat long winded/very detailed email to them) is I did try to use the BOGO on something and was denied because they stated those two sets weren't included, not even something vague that could be interpreted as such.

sonofgun1776
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sonofgun1776 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:01 pm

Unlike 2 weeks ago, this time around online, when you click on the promo, the modulars/hard-to-find sets do not pop up. So they have ground to deny it (along with a billion other fine prints but let's not go there). Also interestingly, the hard-to-finds are systematically classified as Models, not construction sets, so they are inherently excluded as these ads only say "construction sets". Hope that helps dissipating your frustration :)
(i was similarly pissed too with B2G1F 2 weeks ago but i finally "sorta" understand it)

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:49 pm

csun22 wrote:I tried purchasing two UCS Star Wars sets, the Super Star Destroyer and Death Star 2. I ended up emailing TRU customer service and they replied with what I feel is a bogus answer. The short answer (without copy and pasting my somewhat long winded/very detailed email to them) is I did try to use the BOGO on something and was denied because they stated those two sets weren't included, not even something vague that could be interpreted as such.
I also would have bought 2 Death Stars and SSD during the B2G1F sale.

It was not included in the sale and the fine print didn't specifically state that it wasn't. (It is very rare for a TRU sale to include exclusives, things like the death star etc.)

Sure some people were able to call and take advantage of some lenient CS reps while others didn't have the same luck.

Personally, I am not one of those people who is going to call and complain and try to get something given to me that is not intended and is not available to everyone. I have worked in customer service before so maybe I am more sympathetic than most.

Many people here will not agree with my view on this...

I feel like people are often times to quick to try to get something they are not entitled to. If you go on any webpage and a specific item isn't included in a sale and you want to go so far as to call and question if that item should be included or not that is up to you. (I probably would figure that item just wasn't included in the sale or it would have been marked on sale like all the other sale items). If after you call and are told that the item isn't included in the sale, you then call back 10 times because you didn't like the answer you got the first time I think you are not being reasonable.

Those CS reps are there to help people who have a problem with their purchase or return. They shouldn't have to take care of customers who want to get cheaper prices by bypassing exclusions in a promotion. They are trained to always try to make the customer happy so you can probably take advantage of that if you are willing to do so. That is not something I would do.

Sometimes our love of Lego makes us act unreasonably. Treat unto others as you would have them...

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:16 am

I'm not seeing the minifig volume in the TRU cart. Have $100+ of LEGO in cart.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:37 am

And the minifig volume #1 is OOS

bigw1974
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bigw1974 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:47 am

iccarus wrote:
dilbert12 wrote:
iccarus wrote:
UnknownUser wrote:Well that was quick....the minifig pack is sold out online already!
That's nuts. Can't you get most of the minifigs in those packs for like $1-2 each on BL?
The classic space reissued ones I'm interested in average around $7 new.
I'm sure the reissue is easy to tell vs. a true new copy of the original. Most likely the lighter Chinese plastic.
Oh yes, It is very easy to tell the difference. I'm no LEGO pro, and even I can tell at a glance.

The helmets are completely different.

MitchMitchem
Citizen
Citizen

Post by MitchMitchem » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:58 am

csun22 wrote:I tried purchasing two UCS Star Wars sets, the Super Star Destroyer and Death Star 2. I ended up emailing TRU customer service and they replied with what I feel is a bogus answer. The short answer (without copy and pasting my somewhat long winded/very detailed email to them) is I did try to use the BOGO on something and was denied because they stated those two sets weren't included, not even something vague that could be interpreted as such.
File a complaint with the BBB.

Pipibo
I'm New !

Post by Pipibo » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:49 pm

I've long given up on buying legos at TRU anymore. It's just not worth it.

eisenmatt
Citizen
Citizen

Post by eisenmatt » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:25 am

It now says buy one get one 50% off. I guess to make up for the free minifigure set selling out in under an hour. But it hasnt taken effect yet as far as I can tell.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:32 am

Pipibo wrote:I've long given up on buying legos at TRU anymore. It's just not worth it.
Pretty much this, and I just got back into LEGO a few months ago.... lol

MarkV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MarkV » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:12 pm

eisenmatt wrote:It now says buy one get one 50% off. I guess to make up for the free minifigure set selling out in under an hour. But it hasnt taken effect yet as far as I can tell.
It was working for me - I almost did the 2 x Uruk-hai Orc set, but after taxes and the markup, I was saving like $3/box over RRP. I think I'll wait for BF and give the LEGO store my money.

eisenmatt
Citizen
Citizen

Post by eisenmatt » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:11 pm

Yeah it's working now but I cant hardly find anything that's a good deal considering TRU tax and exclusions. Creator Lighthouse, X-Large grey baseplate, and all Pharaoh's Quest and Atlantis sets are at MSRP or below that i found.

sonofgun1776
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [USA] Toys R Us LEGO Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off Now 50% Off Onl

Post by sonofgun1776 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Did anybody try their "price match"? I read the policy and this caught my eyes:
"Prices are matched AFTER deducting any Toys"R"Us and/or Babies"R"Us coupon savings and other offers from our price."

Who would be stupid enough to waste all coupon/discount only to have it price-matched at the end?

Once again, TRU fails lol

The only good thing about their price-match policy is they will generally match online prices except online-only prices. Not even WM, Target or KM would do that.

gotfrogs
I'm New !

Post by gotfrogs » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:42 pm

SquareSide wrote:
Pipibo wrote:I've long given up on buying legos at TRU anymore. It's just not worth it.
Pretty much this, and I just got back into LEGO a few months ago.... lol
I did the same thing. With the code not working online or via a phone order for a modular set I ended up just going to the Lego store down the street and paid full price.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:24 pm

Anyone heard what next Weeks deal will be?
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

thenos
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by thenos » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:23 pm

Luciant wrote:Anyone heard what next Weeks deal will be?
I heard Buy One Get One Free*

* excludes City, Creator, Star Wars, Friends, Minifigures, Harry Potter, Atlantis, Prince of Persia, Lord of the Rings, Ninjago, Pirates of the Carribean, Technic, Clocks, Exclusives. And anything we missed.

sonofgun1776
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sonofgun1776 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:37 pm

thenos wrote:
Luciant wrote:Anyone heard what next Weeks deal will be?
I heard Buy One Get One Free*

* excludes City, Creator, Star Wars, Friends, Minifigures, Harry Potter, Atlantis, Prince of Persia, Lord of the Rings, Ninjago, Pirates of the Carribean, Technic, Clocks, Exclusives. And anything we missed.
lol. I guess the INCLUSIVE list will be easier to write.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:12 am

yeah, i'm interested to know what's the special too. i only get enough for the vintage minifigs set.