Walmart.com SW Death Star & Super Star Destroyer $42-$64 Off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Walmart.com SW Death Star & Super Star Destroyer $42-$64 Off

Post by SquareSide » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:03 am

Just noticed that Walmart.com has the Death Star at $357.89, the Super Star Destroyer at $335.99, and Ultimate R2-D2 for $151.19!!! Plus free shipping. *Dunno if Walmart is nice to their shipped products tho.

Death Star
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-War ... r/17353280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Super Star Destroyer
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-War ... r/17353281" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ultimate R2-D2
http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Star-War ... e/20552249" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm so very tempted by the SSD. :eek: Go buy them all so I can keep my money, lol.

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Walmart.com SW Death Star & Super Star Destroyer $42-$64

Post by flash0222 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:18 am

Amazon just matched the price!

For the R2D@ I meant :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007SA ... g=tonbr-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:15 am

volkswagon van is on sale for $99.99

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Volkswag ... gMethod=rr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and all modulars are on sale and tower bridge at only 187.92

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Tower-Bridge/17353274" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Orangechef
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Orangechef » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Wish I hadn't seen this thread this morning, finally broke down and got a cargo train (yay!) but it made me late for work.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Come on Amazon match all those prices so I dont have to pay tax or .97c shipping.

(just noticed most of them are matched, I was really looking for Town Hall but its OOS at Amazon)
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:57 am

The prices at Wal-Mart keep dropping. Death Star for $337, and modulars for $111!

cbaker1974
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cbaker1974 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:36 am

If you ordered something yesterday and it has dropped today, then go into your orders and request a price adjustment. According to their policies if the item's price drops within 7 days of ordering they will adjust to the new price.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:57 am

cbaker1974 wrote:If you ordered something yesterday and it has dropped today, then go into your orders and request a price adjustment. According to their policies if the item's price drops within 7 days of ordering they will adjust to the new price.
Hey, thanks for the suggestion.
I sent a request in, we'll see what they do.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:28 am

^^Was their a place to send in such a request? Or did you just use the "contact us about this order" button? I am not a big walmart shopper so do not know/see something else available.

cbaker1974
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cbaker1974 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:50 am

pumbaugh wrote:^^Was their a place to send in such a request? Or did you just use the "contact us about this order" button? I am not a big walmart shopper so do not know/see something else available.
Yeah, just do it on the "contact us about this order" screen.

strezz_dout
I'm New !

Post by strezz_dout » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:36 am

Just picked up the Modular Pet Shop for $111.00! I've been waiting for a good deal on this for a while now. If only the Town Hall were still available at the $149 price.

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by flash0222 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:28 pm

ugh, just got the fedex from walmart with the tower bridge.

Their $0.97 shipping amounted to slapping a fedex shipping label on the box and sending it off

no external box, nothing. and to top it off, it's been resealed with their tape too.

Called customer service, but the item is OOS now. So I can return it for a refund, but then I'm out a kit.
Might check and see if it's all complete and live with a damaged box for the discounted price.
Afraid it might be end of life, why they were clearing them out.

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Kodiak10 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:41 pm

flash0222 wrote:ugh, just got the fedex from walmart with the tower bridge.

Their $0.97 shipping amounted to slapping a fedex shipping label on the box and sending it off

no external box, nothing. and to top it off, it's been resealed with their tape too.

Called customer service, but the item is OOS now. So I can return it for a refund, but then I'm out a kit.
Might check and see if it's all complete and live with a damaged box for the discounted price.

WHAT? That's crazy. I assume you're not the only one then.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:34 am

Ack, I missed the Kingdoms Joust! Maybe I can get a better deal down the line... My 2 LEGO themes only for buying LEGOs is not gonna last me thinks. I wanted to just stick with Star Wars, then I made an exception for the Black Pearl at $69, then got the Lighthouse for $30. Now I've been looking at all the Kingdoms/Castle sets & modulars... oh dear... lol.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:42 pm

flash0222 wrote:ugh, just got the fedex from walmart with the tower bridge.

if i were you, i would wait. when stock returns, buy a new one - this time ship to store, go and collect it and then return old damaged stock with new receipt. :lol: a lot more work but worth it if clean box is important to you.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Got my walmart shipments today....Did not know Fedex delivered on Sat! All my sets were shipped in LEGO case boxes....all excellent condition here....and I really do not care about the boxes, unfortunate for you :(

pepe
Peasant
Peasant

Re: [USA] LEGO Online Exclusives Sale at Amazon

Post by pepe » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:52 am

I ordered the Pet Shop through Walmart and it arrived yesterday, BUT they just slapped the shipping label sticker on the lego set box and somehow tucked the packing slip inside the box without unsealing the tabs. So I arrive at my house to see the set just lying there on my front porch - YIKES! I have never had a set arrive like that and am not too happy with Walmart for that one!

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:48 am

pepe wrote:I ordered the Pet Shop through Walmart and it arrived yesterday, BUT they just slapped the shipping label sticker on the lego set box and somehow tucked the packing slip inside the box without unsealing the tabs. So I arrive at my house to see the set just lying there on my front porch - YIKES! I have never had a set arrive like that and am not too happy with Walmart for that one!
Strange, Walmart.com updated their website on Friday and it seems a few items don't show up when searching their listings now, like the Pet shop, Maersk train and a few others.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:03 am

pepe wrote:I ordered the Pet Shop through Walmart and it arrived yesterday, BUT they just slapped the shipping label sticker on the lego set box and somehow tucked the packing slip inside the box without unsealing the tabs. So I arrive at my house to see the set just lying there on my front porch - YIKES! I have never had a set arrive like that and am not too happy with Walmart for that one!
Unfortunately, I have. And the box was roughed up a little too. :evil:

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by flash0222 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 am

They did that to my tower bridge any me Grand emporium, but not my Pet shop, go figure.
I called and complained about the tower bridge, since it had also been taped shut by them.
They said I could refund it, but no exchange since it's sold out online. I decided to keep it, and they gave me a $10 refund on it, so I was surprised. Turns out it was complete, so about $195 for the tower bridge after taxes and shipping with less than perfect box, oh well..