[USA] Wal-Mart LEGO Clearance Fall 2012

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[USA] Wal-Mart LEGO Clearance Fall 2012

Post by Bystander » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:24 pm

It's been in awhile so I hit up around 5 or 6 Walmarts in the ### area with a little success.
SB had posted signs 50% off clearance prices. They were wiped out but I did manage to get the very last Lego set which was the Sith Infiltrator for $24.50. There are a few of the Mega Bloks Power Rangers left in case anyone is interested.
A few other stores still had the same 30% with most of the common stuff listed in this thread, but at least half has been sold since the last time I went.
I also found the Monster Fighters Crazy Scientist set for $30. I have no idea why in the world they would clearance this right before Halloween. In fact a lot of the stuff they are discounting seems very odd to me. Popular sets that just came out a few months ago?? This was the only Monster Fighters set I have seen clearanced though so YMMV.
The S store had an aisle of toys that were on clearance for $1. I got a wide variety of some pretty good stuff, but the only Legos I could find were a couple of Frog Rush games for $1 each and Hero Factory Rocka XL for $5. A woman working there said she had gotten some Heroica games for a buck each a few days ago. Totally wiped out now though. I wish I would have stopped by on Friday.
The T road store has a few things for 50% off. Mostly Cars, alien conquest and Hero Factory, while other stuff is still 30% off. I got the last Cars oil rig escape for $25. The only Star Wars left were a couple of Jedi Shuttles for 29.50 I picked one up and left one on the shelf.
It seems like a few stores are starting to drop some stuff down so be on the lookout at your local Wally.
Last edited by Bystander on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Wal-Mart Clearance

Post by SquareSide » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:03 am

My local WM slightly reorganized their clearance stuff but are still sitting at 30% off. Been waiting on the Podracers to hit 50%. Let's get it rolling WM. :zzz:

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:59 am

My WM did a full reset sometime around Labor Day. I hadn't bothered going in in a while since they seemed like they had already cleared out a lot of stuff, down to 75% in some cases. Everything that was left, they marked back up to full price and put in legitimate shelf space on a whole new, larger aisle... all the other WMs around have been shrinking lego space. I could tell because the planograms were hanging up, with slots for all kinds of ancient stuff like Series 1 star wars planets. Only one exception: they finally clearance the Spongebob, and it was all gone! Having never been discounted at all, they must have gone to something very steep and cleaned it out in a day. Very pissed that I missed that, I'd been waiting for it for MONTHS. They also completely eliminated Friends. None on sale, no shelf space allocated for it. I don't think a single Friends set ever sold at my WM, and it was never discounted, so again they must have slashed it and dumped it very quick. I'm astonished by all these stories of LEGO Friends going gangbusters because as far as I can see it does not move at all in any store I frequent. I have never seen less than fully stocked Friends shelves anywhere. My Kmart has dozens of each small set in the first wave still piled up.

tjjohn12
I'm New !

Post by tjjohn12 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Walmart deals still live out there, so keep looking. Stopped along the highway while passing through Fredericksburg, Virginia today to stretch the legs and found the local Walmart (Route 17) still had a clearance section near the Toys, which an employee was working to consolidate.

Picked up the following:

1 x 7052-1 UFO Abduction - $11.00
3 x 7067-1 Jet-Copter Encounter - $19.50
1 x 7051-1 Tripod Invader - $15.00
2 x 3368-1 Space Center- $25.00 (left one more there on the shelf)
2 x 7962-1 Anakin's & Sebulba's Podracers - $17.00 :what?:

On the podracers, the shelf tag read $69, but the app and the register scanned them at $17 - check out the shocking screenshot http://www3.gettysburg.edu/~jrudy/Walma ... enshot.PNG.

There were a smattering of other sets, but nothing else this deep. The $20 price-point Heroica sets were down to $9.50, in case anyone local is looking to load up some more on those.

-John

benfoldsrock
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by benfoldsrock » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:36 pm

I was at a store and they had many new sets all in clearance section big sets too but all were full price other then mine of Moira for 56.83. I ask the lady why the full price sets were there and she told me they are just waiting for the okay to mark them down. That was last week and this week still no mark down. They had the Maria, battle helm, weatherdrop, falcon, black pearl, bat mobile and many other sponge bob and dino sets. I am checking my iPhone Walmart app everyday to see if they have a price drop.

legonmb
I'm New !

Post by legonmb » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:42 am

How do you use your walmart iphone app to do that..? My local walmart has a Falcon and a few other sets in the clearance not yet marked down. I check on my way home from work almost daily. Doing it on the app would be very helpful.. :)

Cara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cara » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:16 pm

I find that the app isn't accurate. I tried a few Walmarts for Friends sets that they said they had In Stock and that were 50% off. But their in store system didnt even register they had any and in two cases the set information was already gone from their system. I have also had the app refuse to give me any information about the podracer set when I check availability around me, yet I found it at two places, though both time they were $64 so I didn't bite.

tjjohn12
I'm New !

Post by tjjohn12 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:00 pm

legonmb wrote:How do you use your walmart iphone app to do that..? My local walmart has a Falcon and a few other sets in the clearance not yet marked down. I check on my way home from work almost daily. Doing it on the app would be very helpful.. :)
I have a few items saved in my shopping list. When I switch which store the app thinks I'm in, the app updates the prices. You still need to check the availability from there.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:11 pm

My closest store still had 18 copies of Queen Anne's Revenge at $80 last weekend. When are they going to reduce it??? They also had the AC Jet Copter Encounter and Mothership for 30% off, as well as a few others.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:23 pm

My WM has now reduced only 1 out of the 3 SW sets left from this 30% off clearance. The T-6 Jedi Shuttle is now $29.50. The one I don't care about. lol. Shaak Ti is kind of a neat mini fig but other than that I'm just not that enthused about it or the Clone Wars series sets for that matter. Still might buy it since it's 50% off.:zzz: I scanned the Podracers and the Bounty Hunter ones just in case but still at 30%.

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:06 pm

tjjohn12 wrote:I have a few items saved in my shopping list. When I switch which store the app thinks I'm in, the app updates the prices. You still need to check the availability from there.
What is the name of the app you are using?

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:17 am

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/walmart/id338137227?mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It works on both the iPhone and the iPad.

King

c4dreams
Citizen
Citizen

Post by c4dreams » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:25 am

Some of the sets at the Walmart in Houston are still 30%, but two Alien sets (Jet-copter and Mothership) are down to 50% off, as well as the Jedi T-6 shuttle. I wonder if they'll go down any further?

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:39 am

My WM and the Website have knocked down a few of their SW sets(and some other themes) from $5-20. I went ahead and picked up the Tie Fighter for $44.97(Couldn't wait anymore).

Jabba's Palace $102.25(Online)
Sith Fury Class Interceptor $76.97(Online)
Malevolence $108.58(Online)
Falcon $119.97
X-Wing $49.97
Ewok Attack $19.97(Online?)
Battle for Naboo $19.97

LOTR
Moria $61.91(Online)
Helm's Deep $114.97

Wim
I'm New !

Post by Wim » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:05 am

I grabbed an Ultimate build Mater ($14.50) as well as an Alien Mothership ($29.50) and the copter from that series ($19.50), all at 50% off MSRP the other day. They had several more Maters and Motherships, but I can't really justify having duplicate boxed sets sitting in my basement. It's bad enough that I have a few boxed dupes of sets I do have built already.

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:22 pm

I found an ultimate mater for 14.50 too... Was hoping for anything star wars but didn't have any luck there

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by flash0222 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:40 am

I don't understand the thing with the Ultimate Maters. I posted like 3 weeks ago that my store cleared them out at $10, and no one seemed interested. Now I see the other walmarts in the area first at $20, now at $14.50. Wonder why mine cleared them out so low so fast..

Also, got a Jet Copter at $19.50 yesterday, they had an opened QAR for $79, but at that price it's too much of a gamble. They seem to be holding onto the 30% for most Lego that I can find still :(

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:01 am

I was told that the dept. manager of each store controls the clearance amount on their section.

Legobob
I'm New !

Post by Legobob » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Been watching the clearance section for awhile, and today randomly all the 30% off Legos went to 50%. 7067 (Jet-Copter) and 4867 (Battle for Hogwarts) were the best buys, a bunch of other AC, HP, and POTC stuff besides them. Left some Heroica Draida Bay in hopes of going lower.

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:46 pm

I scored at Walmart today as well. All Alien Conquest 50% off. $14.50 Maters. The employees at different stores tell me their clearance orders usually come out on Tuesdays and are usually done in the next couple of days. Also off topic, but today while doing my rounds, TRU had 7985 City of Atlantis for $35, I don't know where they are still finding these things.