[US] TRU New sale: buy 1 get 1 40% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

[US] TRU New sale: buy 1 get 1 40% off

Post by dho7622u » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:38 am

Ok, I guess I will add some more fuel to the TRU fire:

The following sets are Buy One Get One 40% off. The tag lists them as FAO Schwartz sets, so I don't know what that will mean...I went through most of the categories and this was the weirdish list I came up with:

Grand Emporium
Pet Shop
Fire Brigade
Tower Bridge
Winter Bakery
Town Hall
Winter Post Office
Medieval Market
Volkswagen Camper
Shuttle Expedition
Sopwith Camel

So... it isn't ALL Creator...there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason, except the harder to find stuff. And, oddly, nothing seems to be on sale at FAO.

The rest of the sets qualify for a free pen.

and then there is something listed about "TRU Exclusives being 20% off" but doesn't seem to reflected in the price.

ok....GO! Start the chaos.

david

MarkV
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [US] TRU New sale: buy 1 get 1 40% off

Post by MarkV » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:13 am

I'm surprised there haven't been any replies. I'm also saddened that I picked up FB ($5 off + 10% coupon)from the local Lego Store last week, since now I'd need to do GE and TH which is much less efficient.

2 Medieval Market Villages for $160? Seems like a decent price. Does it go lower in BF sales? I don't see a lot of sales on the 10xxx sets (other than the Star Wars stuff from time to time). The best I see is the equivalent of 10% off during Bricktober or the $5 coupon for purchases over $35 + the occasional 10% off coupon from the back of the Lego Catalog. Are there better opportunities than this?

jefflord
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jefflord » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:16 am

The good news is that the modular sets all appear to be at MSRP.

The VW Camper, which I would love to pick up, is at $129, which I believe is $10 above MSRP. Still, this set is rarely on sale, so it is tempting.

I have not checked any of the other non-modular sets.

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:09 am

Good deal, but I live near a LEGO store. With 10% coupon and double points in October deal is almost the same. I also only need to buy one. I'd rather give my business to LEGO store since they are about the same deal for me.

dimsumonly
I'm New !

Post by dimsumonly » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:00 pm

dilbert12 wrote:Good deal, but I live near a LEGO store. With 10% coupon and double points in October deal is almost the same. I also only need to buy one. I'd rather give my business to LEGO store since they are about the same deal for me.
Just remember the 10% coupon from Lego expires at the end of September. I don't want you to go there expecting to have both when they'll tell you "sorry the coupon expired." That would really suck.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Just ran past a b&m TRU and there were no sales on the floor( though none of these sets are offered at any of the stores in my area), so this is completely an Online Only sale.

Did anyone see the 20% off TRU exclusives? Did it work for anyone?

david

c4dreams
Citizen
Citizen

Post by c4dreams » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:57 pm

Medieval Market OOS of course.

tronan
I'm New !

Post by tronan » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Both Lego Winter sets are out of stock (though the post office was available earlier this morning, I'm not sure the bakery was ever).
Amazing. I'm so surprised. Sarcasm off.

Although TRU has about 15 of every set in every local store, even sets from years ago, they're always mysteriously out of stock during sales. Well, Lego will have them starting in October at least (according to their webpage).