Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by pumbaugh » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:59 pm

I visited Barnes and Noble based on a report on another website and found 7066 Earth Defense HQ on red dot clearance for $45. Member discount takes another 10% off! Pretty good deal if your local store has them left!

kwkw
Knight
Knight
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: California

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by kwkw » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:02 pm

Yep, he's right I picked one up using my member 10% discount and a 30% kids club coupon for a grand total of $30 after tax :)

octick
Knight
Knight
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:40 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by octick » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:00 am

kwkw wrote:Yep, he's right I picked one up using my member 10% discount and a 30% kids club coupon for a grand total of $30 after tax :)
Is there a kids club coupon out right now?

kwkw
Knight
Knight
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: California

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by kwkw » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:43 am

octick wrote:
kwkw wrote:Yep, he's right I picked one up using my member 10% discount and a 30% kids club coupon for a grand total of $30 after tax :)
Is there a kids club coupon out right now?
I signed up for one on their website. They'll email the coupon to you in a couple of days. Also in the Barnes and noble coupons forum on here there's a 20% members coupon and a 15% non members

Wim
I'm New !
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:56 pm
Location: United States

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by Wim » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:41 am

Nice! Picked one up over lunch using the 20% coupon: $34.65 including tax. It was the only set in this series I didn't have yet. I'm tempted to pick up another one with the 15% coupon but really don't need duplicate sets. Now do I build this thing soon or save it and give it to my son for Christmas?

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:32 am
Location: MD

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by beartrapper25 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:44 am

You know you can always print another 20% coupon right? Its a generic code.

legokenny31
I'm New !
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:26 am
Location: colorado

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by legokenny31 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Wim wrote:Nice! Picked one up over lunch using the 20% coupon: $34.65 including tax. It was the only set in this series I didn't have yet. I'm tempted to pick up another one with the 15% coupon but really don't need duplicate sets. Now do I build this thing soon or save it and give it to my son for Christmas?
I did the same thing and have the same dilemma except I got the last one in my area so I cant get a second one.

Wim
I'm New !
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:56 pm
Location: United States

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by Wim » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:49 pm

beartrapper25 wrote:You know you can always print another 20% coupon right? Its a generic code.
I did not know that. I figured that using it would flag your membership with having used the particular code.

Tempting... They have 6 or so of these things left here locally.

User avatar
vynsane
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Hrm... this is REALLY tempting, now that I just got the 20% off coupon as well... Such an awesome set.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:32 am
Location: MD

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by beartrapper25 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:04 pm

You can definitely use it multiple times. I bought the Hulk Breakout & the Ninjago Samurai Mech in two separate transactions with my member card each time.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:55 pm
Location: United States

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by bobl » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:22 pm

Is there any way to tell if a store has these sets with actually visiting the store?

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by pumbaugh » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:07 pm

unfortunately this set is no longer listed online...so you have to actually go out and check...

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 8:51 am

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by Bystander » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:44 pm

I had to go to a few different stores, but I finally managed to pick one up for $38. Great deal. I wasn't extremely interested in this set at first, but now that I have it I quite like it. Hopefully they will put a few more of the older sets out at 50% off in the future.

kwkw
Knight
Knight
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: California

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by kwkw » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:20 pm

dang, i found another one at 50% off but this time i couldn't use any additional coupons cause i got a cs rep that actually read the fine print on the coupon and said that "promo items such as a red dot clearance item can't be combined with the coupons." Oh well I still picked it up cause even at 43 (after member discount and tax) its still a great deal. I also picked up a 50% off alien helicopter too. On another note, the 30% off stickers for star wars and AC sets have been disappearing from my local B&N as all sets are back to full retail price.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:01 pm
Location: LA

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by Gooker1 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:53 pm

kwkw wrote:dang, i found another one at 50% off but this time i couldn't use any additional coupons cause i got a cs rep that actually read the fine print on the coupon and said that "promo items such as a red dot clearance item can't be combined with the coupons." Oh well I still picked it up cause even at 43 (after member discount and tax) its still a great deal. I also picked up a 50% off alien helicopter too. On another note, the 30% off stickers for star wars and AC sets have been disappearing from my local B&N as all sets are back to full retail price.
Where in CA are you? I was at the store in Santa Monica, and no AC sets were on clearance. :(

kwkw
Knight
Knight
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:18 pm
Location: California

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by kwkw » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:42 am

Gooker1 wrote:
kwkw wrote:dang, i found another one at 50% off but this time i couldn't use any additional coupons cause i got a cs rep that actually read the fine print on the coupon and said that "promo items such as a red dot clearance item can't be combined with the coupons." Oh well I still picked it up cause even at 43 (after member discount and tax) its still a great deal. I also picked up a 50% off alien helicopter too. On another note, the 30% off stickers for star wars and AC sets have been disappearing from my local B&N as all sets are back to full retail price.
Where in CA are you? I was at the store in Santa Monica, and no AC sets were on clearance. :(
Orange county. Costa mesa store cleared out of AC. Tustin store still has alien mothership at regular price. Irvine spectrum store out of AC as well.

drewshin99
I'm New !
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:26 pm
Location: USA

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by drewshin99 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi all, wanted to thank everyone for the deals! I went to B&N at the Long Beach Towne Center off the 605 and Carson St and bought one, but there was one left as of a few hours ago. 20% worked, but I forgot my membership card, so came out to about $39 with tax.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:00 am
Location: Mankato, MN

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:35 am

Thanks all - got one for $34.77 including tax. There were four available at my store, but only one was in decent shape. Red dot + membership + 20% off coupon = 64% off.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight
Posts: 376
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:08 am
Location: SC, US

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by brickarmor » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:06 pm

^I sent/begged my mother in law to go to her nearest store, I hope they'll honor that same combo. Pretty ridiculously sweet deal.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 850
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:55 am

Re: Barnes and Noble B&M 7066 Eath Defense HQ $45

Post by natelite » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:44 am

brickarmor wrote:^I sent/begged my mother in law to go to her nearest store, I hope they'll honor that same combo. Pretty ridiculously sweet deal.
Wow, and it works? Imagine that... A grown man asking his MIL to shop for toys. :lol: that's funny on so many aspects.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 38 guests