The September Catalog From Lego came Today

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

The September Catalog From Lego came Today

Post by emazers » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:33 pm

The New September Catalog from Lego came today and it has the 10% Percent Off Coupon for The Lego Store.

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: The September Catalog From Lego came Today

Post by Kodiak10 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:48 pm

Is it for in store only?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:13 am

Kodiak10 wrote:Is it for in store only?
yes
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sweener » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:42 am

When does the new coupon expire?

hkparker22
I'm New !

Post by hkparker22 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:31 am

How do you get the catalog?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:25 pm

hkparker22 wrote:How do you get the catalog?
REQUEST A CATALOG

The quickest way is to fill out a request form online.

Call us at 1-800-453-4652 to request a catalog in English, for a French catalog in Canada, please call 1-877-518-5346.

Fax your request toll-free at 1-888-FAX-LEGO (5346).

Mail your request to LEGO Shop At Home Catalog Request, PO Box 1221, Enfield, CT 06083.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:23 am

I requested a catalog almost a month ago, still nothing.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:21 am

When I got my catalog, I didn't get the 10% coupon. I called customer service to ask why, and they said only selected locations receive the coupon. I really didn't understand why they could be selective for giving out catalog coupons.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:40 am

Marcus70 wrote:When I got my catalog, I didn't get the 10% coupon. I called customer service to ask why, and they said only selected locations receive the coupon. I really didn't understand why they could be selective for giving out catalog coupons.
This is discussed every now and then. The general hypothesis is that they only give out the coupon to people who live within driving distance of a Lego brand store. They don't put the coupon on everybody's catalog. I'm pretty sure the ones they hand out in the store do not have the coupon either (otherwise you could essentially have infinite 10% coupons).

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:25 pm

Zeya wrote:
Marcus70 wrote:When I got my catalog, I didn't get the 10% coupon. I called customer service to ask why, and they said only selected locations receive the coupon. I really didn't understand why they could be selective for giving out catalog coupons.
This is discussed every now and then. The general hypothesis is that they only give out the coupon to people who live within driving distance of a Lego brand store. They don't put the coupon on everybody's catalog. I'm pretty sure the ones they hand out in the store do not have the coupon either (otherwise you could essentially have infinite 10% coupons).
Thanks for the info.

lemus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lemus » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:17 pm

It might even be further restricted to you having made a purchase in that physical LEGO store close to you before.
Also if you are already in the list to receive the catalog and you request another one, they will send you a new catalog but no coupon.
I know this because I had read here, or elsewhere, that people were receiving their september catalogs with coupons and I had nothing! So I called them and they put the request, the CS woman that spoke to me told me that I wasn't on the list for catalogs and I was skeptical because I have received many catalogs with coupons in the past. In any case she say they will send me one. 2 hours later that same day my post man hands me the original catalog with coupon. A week and a half later the second catalog arrives, they are identical except for the last page where the picture of the Jabba set is cropped in one to put the coupon and the regular one has the full picture.

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:15 pm

I have never made a purchase from a Lego Store but I get the coupons on my catalogs. I have, however, made purchases from their online store maybe once or twice a year.

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:51 pm

Also, the distance idea has been debunked before. Up until this year, I lived 300 miles from a LEGO store, yet I received coupons on my catalogs (until they opened a closer store, and I stopped receiving catalogs - both this year). It seems inexplicably random who gets a coupon and who doesn't.