Target - Summer Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Target - Summer Clearance

Post by Gooker1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:46 am

I guess it's hit and miss in SoCal - I live in Los Angeles, and there was barely anything clearanced in the surrounding local cities. Looks like the boonies are the way to go for stuff.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:21 pm

Gooker1 wrote:I guess it's hit and miss in SoCal - I live in Los Angeles, and there was barely anything clearanced in the surrounding local cities. Looks like the boonies are the way to go for stuff.
Yes, in my experiance, typically the further out from a major city, the higher the likelyhood of finding the better deals. High income areas tend to be the worst for good deals.

scandell
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by scandell » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:00 pm

Wrong. I found 4 50% off falcons at my local target on Saturday! And I live on the West Side in the South Bay!

jeremyp4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jeremyp4 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:08 pm

scandell wrote:Wrong. I found 4 50% off falcons at my local target on Saturday! And I live on the West Side in the South Bay!
nice! did you buy one?

markerpk
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by markerpk » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:35 pm

cowbug wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:I guess it's hit and miss in SoCal - I live in Los Angeles, and there was barely anything clearanced in the surrounding local cities. Looks like the boonies are the way to go for stuff.
Yes, in my experiance, typically the further out from a major city, the higher the likelyhood of finding the better deals. High income areas tend to be the worst for good deals.
Yeah, I live in Bakersfield and there are four Targets here. They all do price updates on different days and none of them seem to have a fixed day of the week or even time of the month they do it on. Typically only one or two will even have anything on clearance and even then its usually only 10-30% off. If things are around long enough for 50% they seem to get salvaged usually. One of them is a Super Target and I have yet to see anything on clearance there even when they have older stock that is being discontinued. So, outlying area does not necessarily mean better discounts.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:40 pm

scandell wrote:Wrong. I found 4 50% off falcons at my local target on Saturday! And I live on the West Side in the South Bay!
Nice find. I know they have clearance sets in those areas but, in my experiance, clearanced sets tend to go a lot faster in those areas and are much less likely to get to the 50%-75% range.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:48 am

All big SW sets disappeared at 30% in my area.

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:40 pm

I hit 3 targets today and not one set on clearance.

jefflord
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jefflord » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:01 am

Despite having in stock many of the sets mentioned in this thread that are discounted elsewhere, none had clearance prices at the Target in Frederick, MD (as of Sunday evening, July 30).

Also of this past Sunday, there were 9 Bounty Hunter Gunships available for $24.98 at the Target in Gaithersburg, MD. Nothing else appeared to be on clearance, and the store's overall inventory appeared quite low. FWIW, Lego is very popular at this location.

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:29 pm

Just picked up the last Clone Trooper Battle Pack at my Target for $4.76. Mandalorians were still full price, oddly. The only other Lego in the clearance isle was the Space Shuttle at around $25 each.

Cowabunga_kid
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Cowabunga_kid » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:01 am

My local Targets in SW Florida did ad set yesterday for toys and I was able to score 7962 SW Podracers set for $45, 7961 Sith Infiltrator for $35, and 8095 General Grevious Starfighter for $25, all 50% off. In Port Charlotte, FL they still had 1 7961, a handful of Bounty Hunter Assault Gunships, and 3 Minotarous (didn't know spelling) Game which was a great parts pack for $7.50 each. Wanted to get the games, I just spent enough on Lego recently.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:38 am

spacysmoke wrote:Just picked up the last Clone Trooper Battle Pack at my Target for $4.76. Mandalorians were still full price, oddly. The only other Lego in the clearance isle was the Space Shuttle at around $25 each.
Last night I found several Mando packs for $9.08 and one last Clone pack for $7.58. I thought it was odd they were different prices, really odd that you found one so deeply discounted and one not at all.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:36 am

On our visit to a sixth Target in the futile mission to find some of these deals we finally scored a consolation prize. My son spotted a lone Ninjago board game that was at 70%. $10.00. We hadn't had much luck with the Pyramid game so I hesitated, but I'm glad we picked it up. This game was a little easier for young kids to follow.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:06 pm

intromission wrote:On our visit to a sixth Target in the futile mission to find some of these deals we finally scored a consolation prize. My son spotted a lone Ninjago board game that was at 70%. $10.00. We hadn't had much luck with the Pyramid game so I hesitated, but I'm glad we picked it up. This game was a little easier for young kids to follow.
Was this is Somerville, by any chance? They had a stack of those at 30% off a few weeks ago, but I haven't been able to get back to check since then.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 pm

No, this was at the South Bay Plaza store. Of all the Targets I've been to they seemed least likely to put stuff up for sale. They had ALL the new sets up and still had plenty of room for the clearanced sets to remain at full price. Huge LEGO aisle. Somerville has a pretty big one too if I remember. Good luck!

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:28 pm

My local targets have like half a row and four endcaps with 70% off various crap toys, and yet they yanked all the 50% off lego that didn't sell and Goodwilled it yesterday instead of dropping it to 70%. The same thing happened at Christmas. I thought it must be a corporate deal with Lego to limit max clearance discount, but obviously other Targets do it. What the hell is wrong with my region?

Bob-n-Crew
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Bob-n-Crew » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:42 am

ninjagoyo wrote:My local targets have like half a row and four endcaps with 70% off various crap toys, and yet they yanked all the 50% off lego that didn't sell and Goodwilled it yesterday instead of dropping it to 70%. The same thing happened at Christmas. I thought it must be a corporate deal with Lego to limit max clearance discount, but obviously other Targets do it. What the hell is wrong with my region?
... Funny, I'm tickled our Target got to 30% (one of the first time ever occurances for this part of the Pacific Northwest). Nothing dropped below that point that I found. 'course, I'm also thankful for finally seeing 30% off - others report no clearance at all (much like our Walmarts - still with the amazing LOW-low price of MSRP-.03). Would've been cool to see 50%... it would take a ton more of will power to pass up half-price MSRP Lego sets than I would ever have. Enjoy - Bob (and crew)

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:04 am

ninjagoyo wrote:My local targets have like half a row and four endcaps with 70% off various crap toys, and yet they yanked all the 50% off lego that didn't sell and Goodwilled it yesterday
Well, you get to go to Goodwill, right? That's pretty awesome.

We only have one in the area and they do not seem to ever have LEGO.

david

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:33 am

ninjagoyo wrote:My local targets have like half a row and four endcaps with 70% off various crap toys, and yet they yanked all the 50% off lego that didn't sell and Goodwilled it yesterday instead of dropping it to 70%. The same thing happened at Christmas. I thought it must be a corporate deal with Lego to limit max clearance discount, but obviously other Targets do it. What the hell is wrong with my region?
Maybe goodwill pays more than the 70% off price? If so that makes sense from a business standpoint. Also, are you sure it was "Goodwilled" and not bought up by reseller or something?

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:53 am

cowbug wrote:
Maybe goodwill pays more than the 70% off price? If so that makes sense from a business standpoint. Also, are you sure it was "Goodwilled" and not bought up by reseller or something?
I'm pretty sure Target "donates" the goods to Goodwill and gets to write of the "retail" value as a donation on their taxes. They may think its worth it to get the deduction rather than sell at 70% off of retail.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?