Target - Summer Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
kwkw
Knight
Knight

Re: Target - Summer Clearance

Post by kwkw » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:52 am

mterr1 wrote:Proof! ;-)
Which socal store is this? I've gone to 7 targets around me and nothing

warpug
I'm New !

Post by warpug » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:59 am

Woburn MA Target had nothing on clearance.

tronan
I'm New !

Post by tronan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Went to three Targets yesterday, no MF on clearance - all full price. I even asked the associate to scan with their PDA, confirmed not on clearance. So this is very store dependent. I did see a few alien sets with good clearance prices at the Chicago Petersen store. The associate could check stock in other stores, but not tell if there were clearance prices. So it looks like this is a drive-and-hope sale :(

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:00 pm

Scored multiple Falcons at half off and found one last one for 70% off. Also got multiple frigates, infiltrators, and destiny's bounty at 50%. And to top it off, finally found Hasbro's captain rex, cody, and wolffe which I have been looking forever.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Good work! :)

And I thought I had a deal when I found a Falcon for $50 at Walmart.

Would love to find the Dino HQ. What a strange clearance item.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:56 pm

dho7622u wrote:
He seemed nice enough.... The AC stuff was, truly, all over the store. I saw some in electronics, some in domestics. I think they were 50%. The little set was at 50% (car - thingy that I picked up, then thought better about).

I did see 2 Motherships in the general toy clearance area.

Was hoping to get a last ditch HP set, the small pink brick box or a mini fig or two. nope.

This is one of the best Targets for Lego, I have found. And with the Lego Store there, It makes it a great day overall.

david
He was nice and polite, i think the Target employee was not understanding what he wanted...big surprise that a store employee is not helpful! ;-)

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:05 pm

kwkw wrote:
He's not in SoCal. He's out of NY. ;)

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:21 pm

Gooker1 wrote:
kwkw wrote:
He's not in SoCal. He's out of NY. ;)

Oh ok my bad i jumbled the post before his and thought he was in socal lol. Seriously nothing in socal targets

emesquit
I'm New !

Post by emesquit » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:49 pm

Walked into my local Target in Florida and checked out the LEGO aisle (I do this at least 4 times a week for my son). Usually there are the usual City, Star Wars, and other items on the shelves…most of which he has. I noticed a single clearance tag on the Lego Forest Police Station. It said Was $79.99 and Now is $23.98. I was in shock and could not believe my luck. I have seen that same box on the shelf for weeks and usually the clearance price slowly decreases in about $5.00 increments. There was only one, so you bet I snatched it up. Can't wait to build it with my boy.

Galahad2309
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Galahad2309 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:28 pm

Scored an SW Frigate, 2x Sith Infiltrator (mostly for parts), a Lighthouse, and an Ewok attack all at 50% off yesterday at 1 socal Target. They had a bunch of Infiltrators, Ewoks, and Bounty hunter ships left. I missed out on a Destiny's Bounty at another Target, but picked up some Star Wars toys and a Transformers helmet for 70% off.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Galahad2309 wrote:Scored an SW Frigate, 2x Sith Infiltrator (mostly for parts), a Lighthouse, and an Ewok attack all at 50% off yesterday at 1 socal Target. They had a bunch of Infiltrators, Ewoks, and Bounty hunter ships left. I missed out on a Destiny's Bounty at another Target, but picked up some Star Wars toys and a Transformers helmet for 70% off.
Which city?

Galahad2309
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Galahad2309 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:30 pm

San Bernardino

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:44 pm

Congrats for those who scored crazy deals. My Targets are absolutely horrible with clearance this year. Whatever's listed here that's clearanced is still full price/already gone.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Found LEGO 3366 Satellite Launch Pad for $12, but that's it. With Target's new price of $24 instead of $20 MSRP, they claim it to be 50% off. I still bit for that SUV/van.

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jal4u2c » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:34 am

I missed a bunch because the manager at the local Target lied to my face. They had already marked down to 30 % off and when i asked the manager if they were going to mark them down a second time he said no. He said that was as low as they were going to go. This was on wednesday. I came back today and there was absolutely nothing left. I asked the lady stocking toys and she said they had moved them to a clearance aisle on thursday and marked them down to 50 and 70 % off. All of it had sold. So now i am going to contact a district manager. I don't appreciate being bold face lied to by some kid manager.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:40 am

So jelly of those getting 50% off on Falcons! D:

Kramer72
I'm New !

Post by Kramer72 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:01 am

On Thursday, I got 1 POC Queen Anne's Revenge, 1 POC Mill, 1 SW Turbo Tank, 1 HP Hogwart's Castle and 1 SW Jedi T-6 Shuttle at 50% all at one Target. By far my biggest score in one trip for Lego's. Most other Targets have been wiped. For some reason, this particular Target still hasn't clearanced the POC Black Pearl and SW Millennium Falcon. Keeping my eye on those. Still hoping to pick up a Ninjago Destiny's Bounty.

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:49 am

Fairfield NJ Target didn't have anything yesterday, except for 2 AC sets for $11[tripod invader]. Left them both.
Last edited by Nepenthe7 on Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:33 am

jal4u2c wrote:I missed a bunch because the manager at the local Target lied to my face. They had already marked down to 30 % off and when i asked the manager if they were going to mark them down a second time he said no. He said that was as low as they were going to go. This was on wednesday. I came back today and there was absolutely nothing left. I asked the lady stocking toys and she said they had moved them to a clearance aisle on thursday and marked them down to 50 and 70 % off. All of it had sold. So now i am going to contact a district manager. I don't appreciate being bold face lied to by some kid manager.
Though Target is more organized than Walmart, it doesn't mean they're totally organized. It is definitely a combination of research (online and in-store), watching, waiting, and perhaps most of all, luck. I was told by several employees and a manager that price changes were done in Toys on Monday, and that is simply not the case at my nearest Target. I found this out myself by watching the weeks go by rather than asking employees. Clearance deals are sorta like death (bear with me here, it's a loose analogy): you know it's coming, you just don't know when.

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:05 pm

I have never seen a NorCal Target go to 70% off on legos. They Goodwill them before that happens if they dont sell at 50. Two different store managers have told me and I saw it happen to 20+ Portal of Atlantis with my own eyes after they sat for six weeks. The MFs all went at 30 off in my area targets, and I have no interest in it anyway, like most SW sets it has the most boring parts imaginable. I missed the markdown to 50% (fake 50%, since they do that TRU markup-then-clearance thing now) but that cleaned out the rest of the SW stuff, which I also didnt want even at 50%, except a podracer, but I'll eventually get one from WM I bet. I tend to hold out for WM and KM unless its a set I absolutely want.