Target - Summer Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: Target - Summer Clearance

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:13 pm

octick wrote:
atmail35 wrote: ;-) if you weren't in S. Calif. the other woman could have been me! But i only had one cart with toys. They also had Bizu on 70%, which is a toys 7 year old girls enjoy so I stocked up. I had to then buy some plastic storage totes to hold my new found stuff in the basement :lol:no )
So you don't Ebay the toys? I can't imagine hoarding any other toys. I have enough Legos to last birthdays for decades if I went that route. But, I just want 1 to save and 1 to build.
No I don't Ebay them. In theory, I buy LEGO when 70% off to just add to the general population of bricks for my kid to use and for me to MOC, but honestly, they end up stacked up in the basement most of the time waiting for me to break open the boxes. We build one, maybe keep one sealed and the rest are in the "gift closet" which I pull out for little gifts or b'day parties. Sometimes I donate some at Christmas time.

I have a horrible habit of stocking up on toys that are "cheap". Once a year I cull non-lego as well to donate to Toys for Tots etc. I really need to stop buying for the sake of buying, but somehow I can't pass up a great deal. I always think, "this would be great for my daughter's birthday goody bags", but then I don't know how many to buy etc. and either end up with too few or too many when the time comes.

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:37 pm

This was the result of visiting about 6 different Targets.

Lego at 50% off
Alien Conquest - Tripod invader 9.98
Alien Conquest - Alien Defender 4.98
Harry Potter - Hogwart's 4867 (smaller) 24.98
Hero Factory - Scorpio 12.48
Toy Story polybag: Soldier with jeep 2.xx
Star Wars - T-6 Jedi Shuttle 29.98 (got this about 5 seconds before another guy coming up the other end of the aisle. I also received a free, bonus look of disgust from the guy)
At different locations there were also Star Wars Bounty Hunter Gunships for $25, Harry Potter Knight Bus for $21, and various Duplo sets, but I either already had or did not need these.

Lego at 70% off
Minotaurus game: 7.48 Ninjago game 9.88 Harry Potter game 9.88
Heroica games - Draida 4.48 Waldurk 5.98 Fortaan 8.98
Dino T-Rex Hunter 20.98 (don't know why this rang up so cheap, but I'm not complaining)

I thought the pickings were very sparse this year as usually I haven't had much problem getting most of what I wanted at 50% off, but overall I am very happy since I finally scored at a Wal-mart and was able to get a lot of what I wanted yesterday.
I had also previously picked up the Ninjago Destiny's Bounty and Millennium Falcon at 30% off since my kids really wanted these and I was sure that they would not make it to 50%. I think from now on I will have to stick with this strategy since at least half the Targets I went to had no Lego on clearance at all.
Time to limber up the old hands.

mrfootball
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mrfootball » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:26 pm

Been to several Targets in Houston, nothing on clearance yet.

MakoSlade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MakoSlade » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:39 pm

Of all things, the Target in East Hanover NJ had The Battle of Naboo for $7.48. I hadn't seen that on sale anywhere. I picked up the last two. Also, all PotC and AC is half off...The Mill, Canibal Escape, Captian's Cabin, Mothership and Tripod.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:52 pm

In Braintree Mass:

They had the Sebulba's Podracer & Tatooine for 3.75. There were two and I grabbed one. There was a french guy who picked up the other, but keep an eye open for your local store.

The little boat boxes were 1.48.I picked up two, the guy 3 and a woman with a cart too 20. there were 10 or so left. A few AC sets scattered around the store at 50%

prozac
Knight
Knight

Post by prozac » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:19 pm

The last week or so I've gotten a falcon for 98, pod set for 45, ewok attack for 12, and AQ jetcopter for 20. Was really hoping to find a tripod walker for half off but I never saw one :-(

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:10 pm

pittsburgh area 2 Targets, I picked up
HP Hogwarts Castle x2 @$71 each,
PotC Queen Annes Revenge x2 @$59.99 each
SW Anakin/Sebulba podracers @ $27 (over 60% off!)

many sets left like AC (TONS OF VARIOUS SETS), PotC Millx x5,HP Knight buses all 1/2 off or more. Waterfront Target and West Mifflin target.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:16 pm

dho7622u wrote:In Braintree Mass:

They had the Sebulba's Podracer & Tatooine for 3.75. There were two and I grabbed one. There was a french guy who picked up the other, but keep an eye open for your local store.

The little boat boxes were 1.48. I picked up two, the guy 3 and a woman with a cart too 20. there were 10 or so left. A few AC sets scattered around the store at 50%
Wait, I was in Braintree this morning and the French guy was there! He was asking a Target employee how much it would be to buy 20 of the boats...I was thinking 20x$1.48...the Target employee was very confused. :what?: I think he wanted a volume discount. He must have gone back for more. I bought some so I can return the ones I bought at $2.48 originally.

I then saw him filling PAB at the LEGO Store.

Were the AC Motherships gone? I guess no chance of those going to 70%.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:18 pm

A reminder to newer members, please post your location in your profile or mention which state/stores you hit up so it can help others! :mrgreen:

mannylegos
I'm New !

Post by mannylegos » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:33 pm

Went to target in hope of finding some lego on clearence. Sadly none except for Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator for $35. The rest of the aisle was restocked with the new Star Wars and Ninjago sets.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:10 am

atmail35 wrote:
dho7622u wrote:
Were the AC Motherships gone? I guess no chance of those going to 70%.
He seemed nice enough.... The AC stuff was, truly, all over the store. I saw some in electronics, some in domestics. I think they were 50%. The little set was at 50% (car - thingy that I picked up, then thought better about).

I did see 2 Motherships in the general toy clearance area.

Was hoping to get a last ditch HP set, the small pink brick box or a mini fig or two. nope.

This is one of the best Targets for Lego, I have found. And with the Lego Store there, It makes it a great day overall.

david

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:17 am

I also picked up a City Forest Police Station for 30% off. Normally, I wouldn't move on City sets for 30% off, but since it is such a new set and I don't have already. I got it.
mannylegos wrote:Went to target in hope of finding some lego on clearence. Sadly none except for Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator for $35. The rest of the aisle was restocked with the new Star Wars and Ninjago sets.
For the overpriced Sith Infiltrator, this is a great price. Cheapest I have ever seen it.
atmail35 wrote:No I don't Ebay them. In theory, I buy LEGO when 70% off to just add to the general population of bricks for my kid to use and for me to MOC, but honestly, they end up stacked up in the basement most of the time waiting for me to break open the boxes. We build one, maybe keep one sealed and the rest are in the "gift closet" which I pull out for little gifts or b'day parties. Sometimes I donate some at Christmas time.

I have a horrible habit of stocking up on toys that are "cheap". Once a year I cull non-lego as well to donate to Toys for Tots etc. I really need to stop buying for the sake of buying, but somehow I can't pass up a great deal. I always think, "this would be great for my daughter's birthday goody bags", but then I don't know how many to buy etc. and either end up with too few or too many when the time comes.
x2. Sounds exactly like me.

SW for 30% off, I have to buy. Anything else 50% off or more, I have to buy. This Xmas, my Toys For Tot donation might be 50+ toys. Getting rid of my other collections that I started collecting when I was a kid to make room for my ever expanding Lego obsession.

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:16 am

Dang seems like everyone is getting a great deal at their Target's. The Frederick, MD target literally has no lego's on clearance whatsoever. I've driven to the Hagerstown, MD store, but it was picked over last week.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:36 am

Here's what happened: last night around 8 I went back to Target (I had gone in the morning) and asked someone to scan some boxes because all the posts here had given me a severe case of deal-envy. All boxes scanned predictably as tagged or shelved and I once again walked away from 2 30% off Hogwarts Castles and 1 tagless $102 BP. This morning I go back, one Hogwarts at half off, one BP (still tagless) but scans at half off. Knight Bus, small Hogwarts, various PotC suddenly half off. Friday morning.

While on vacation last week I called three Targets and asked about return-repurchase. I was very clear about the situation so that there would be no misunderstanding. The responses I got were: "no," "yeah, I'd do it for you, doesn't matter to me if it goes back on the shelf," and "we absolutely do that, just bring it in." Cold, warm, and hot. I took an $85 Republic Frigate with me this morning because money is tight and I can't have everything. At the return desk, it scanned for $55. No dice, they wouldn't do it, I said please, nothing doing, took a refund, don't care what happens to it, I am DONE with Xmas in July!

brawnz
I'm New !

Post by brawnz » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:55 am

I got the black pearl for 70% yesterday in houston!

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 am

brickarmor wrote:Here's what happened: last night around 8 I went back to Target (I had gone in the morning) and asked someone to scan some boxes because all the posts here had given me a severe case of deal-envy. All boxes scanned predictably as tagged or shelved and I once again walked away from 2 30% off Hogwarts Castles and 1 tagless $102 BP. This morning I go back, one Hogwarts at half off, one BP (still tagless) but scans at half off. Knight Bus, small Hogwarts, various PotC suddenly half off. Friday morning.
Maybe behind or that store is unique. I have seen the same store do price changes on Wednesdays and Thursdays.

mterr1
I'm New !

Post by mterr1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:32 am

Return-Re-buy successful. Millenium Falcon for $42.xx, Dino HQ $33.xx and Dino T-Rex Helicopter - $21.xx. Was surprisingly easy. Of course Black Pearl according to the scanner was $35.xx should have done a return and re-buy on that one too.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:38 am

Forgive me, but, receipt or it didn't happen.

;)

mterr1
I'm New !

Post by mterr1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:48 am

Proof! ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:50 am

I would like for MF at 50% off. 70% is insane. Nice score.