Kmart online clearance!

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: Kmart online clearance!

Post by atmail35 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:05 pm

It looks like on-line prices are double the prices over the weekend. I think the "additional 50% off" sale is sadly over. Which is too bad since I ordered one other item and they somehow messed it up and it did not go through. Oh well it was nice while it lasted!

ETA: I'm not sure about in-store, this was just what I noticed on-line.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Tue May 29, 2012 2:55 pm

atmail35 wrote:It looks like on-line prices are double the prices over the weekend. I think the "additional 50% off" sale is sadly over. Which is too bad since I ordered one other item and they somehow messed it up and it did not go through. Oh well it was nice while it lasted!

ETA: I'm not sure about in-store, this was just what I noticed on-line.

50% off clearance toys is over in store too. At least at the store near me.

sonofgun1776
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sonofgun1776 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:26 pm

For those who ordered online and your order was 50 or more, did Kmart give you the gift card or you had to remind them? When i picked up my orders, one store REFUSED to give me the gift cards saying that the receipt does not mention anything about that. The other store said that i should have received the gift card number and pin at the end of my order confirmation which i saw nothing.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Tue May 29, 2012 4:32 pm

sonofgun1776 wrote:For those who ordered online and your order was 50 or more, did Kmart give you the gift card or you had to remind them? When i picked up my orders, one store REFUSED to give me the gift cards saying that the receipt does not mention anything about that. The other store said that i should have received the gift card number and pin at the end of my order confirmation which i saw nothing.

I got nothing, but I'm not a rewards member.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Tue May 29, 2012 4:37 pm

Last time this kind of promo was going on I got my giftcard in an email a few days after....not saying that will happen this time...

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:50 pm

I had one order over $50 with store pick-up and I did not get a gift card, nor did I think to ask for it, eventhough In the same trip I bought another $50 and did get the gift card. :crazy: oh well!

Pick up was difficult, no one was at layaway so I rang the bell and it took 10 minutes for someone to show up and then he had to get a different associate because someone else handled the my gofer orders. :shock: then I had to go to the customer service desk with the second employee to sign a sheet saying I received my items. :crazy: they don't make it easy!

sydra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sydra » Tue May 29, 2012 6:27 pm

atmail35 wrote:I had one order over $50 with store pick-up and I did not get a gift card, nor did I think to ask for it, eventhough In the same trip I bought another $50 and did get the gift card. :crazy: oh well!
You'll get it eventually by way of e-mail. That's the way it worked for me the last time they had a sale. It took a few weeks before it showed up though.

Just checked my e-mail. My order was on April 3rd, and they sent the $5 code on April 24th.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue May 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Plenty of Potc fountain youth in Closter NJ store if anybody is looking.

solo606
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by solo606 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:00 am

I checked my local Kmart in SE Wisconsin even though nothing was available online in store.
I did find and pick up the the Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ for $33 nothing else though.
Everything else rang up at full price.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Wed May 30, 2012 12:38 pm

solo606 wrote:I checked my local Kmart in SE Wisconsin even though nothing was available online in store.
I did find and pick up the the Alien Conquest Earth Defense HQ for $33 nothing else though.
I'm assuming you got that AC Earth Defense on the Kmart on 27th ave?

Deathleech
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Deathleech » Wed May 30, 2012 1:18 pm

Just out of curiosity, were the Dino sets on clearance at all in store?

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Wed May 30, 2012 4:04 pm

Deathleech wrote:Just out of curiosity, were the Dino sets on clearance at all in store?
Nope, and I went to a lot of Kmarts.

starfailure
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by starfailure » Wed May 30, 2012 5:06 pm

I went to Kmart today and nothing was even on sale!
All the online clearance sets were priced at retail. ?!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:56 pm

sydra wrote: You'll get it eventually by way of e-mail. That's the way it worked for me the last time they had a sale. It took a few weeks before it showed up though.

Just checked my e-mail. My order was on April 3rd, and they sent the $5 code on April 24th.
Good to know, I'll keep my eyes out for the e-mail. Thanks!

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:40 pm

dimsumonly wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:8 stores? haha. No wonder I couldn't find anything in LA. :) Did you score any QARs?

I know a friend of mine wasn't able to get the price match out in the IE. And they had 4 Hogwart's too.
Went to 8 since they didn't have all the sets that I wanted and unfortunately I didn't find any QARs. I did get a Skull Truck, different AC sets & the SW Bounty Hunter ship. If you can try the Big Bear one or the ones here in L.A county. Most are pretty helpful.
That's definitely an impressive run! Yea, I was hoping for a QAR b/c how can one pass it for $30. haha

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Thu May 31, 2012 6:57 am

Just wanted to give a belated thanks for these posts. We were traveling to NYC the day the sale went live which ironically put me much closer to a Kmart than I would have been at home. I only managed to visit one of the Manhattan stores but it had AC Mothership and a couple smaller sets, HP Forbidden Forest, HF Witch Doctor, SW Bounty Hunter (I've been looking for a good deal on this one for a while!) and SW Geonosian Starfighter. The manager said that as long as the sets were listed as Out of Stock at her store (which they were), she would give me the on-line sale price. Between this and our visit to the LEGO store at Rockefeller Center, half of our luggage on the way back was LEGO!

Oh, and the store was big and clean and the employees who helped me were all really nice - which completely shocked me (I'm sorry to say)!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks again to the OP. I finally went today to pick up a small order at a Kmart further away. Of course they had 2 in-stock for a lot of the items that I could not order last week...friends Cafe, all of the AC items, marina. I guess 2 is the threshold for showing out of stock online! I just wish I went to this store right away mad begged the manager to price match. Oh well, I was too lazy!

solo606
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by solo606 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:53 am

janckson wrote:
solo606 wrote:I checked my local Kmart in SE Wisconsin even though nothing was available online in store.
I'm assuming you got that AC Earth Defense on the Kmart on 27th ave?
That is the one.

lordharrier
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lordharrier » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:06 am

Looks like they have some Lego up for 25-30% off on their website again. Nothing mind-shattering, but a discount is a discount. http://www.kmart.com/toys-games-blocks- ... =Clearance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:11 pm

My local Kmart also had new LEGO in clearance (regular clearance, not the +50% off). It's stuff that hasn't been on the shelves in ages, they must have cleared out the backroom. Nothing too exciting and only 33% off, but if you are convenient to a Kmart, you might swing by. I picked up a couple of Atlantis sets for parts and a Captain's Cabin, which I'd been wanting and never managed to find on sale.