Kmart online clearance!

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
that guy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Kmart online clearance!

Post by that guy » Sat May 26, 2012 11:06 pm

Not sure if it's been stated yet but here's how their system really works. When their "on hand" quantity hits 2, their online system will automatically kick in and show "out of stock". This is their built in safety net to prevent overselling items online if a store doesn't have correct on-hands for any reason. So yes, you will ALWAYS find that even if there is one or two of an item in stock that online will ALWAYS say they're out of stock.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sun May 27, 2012 12:21 am

I did another check for stuff. Was able to place an order for two more Marinas just now! I remember when I thought I got a decent deal for that set at $35 when it was first released.

I would never step foot in to Kmart except they have the best LEGO clearances once or twice a year. Stock is always an issue for any stores' clearance, but I've always been able to find at least one set that's worthwhile.

I just noticed that Friends Park Cafe on the Kmart site shows:
That's sweet. (Unfortunately, that set has been out of stock for me since the beginning.)

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun May 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Thanks again pumbaugh! I went to get my order (by the way they say they an hold for 7 days).

I got 2 Marinas and 1 AC Mothership.

I ordered some Forbidden Forest and somehow my order got cancelled. When I tried to re-order, they were gone. I brought my print out of my order and found 10-12 of them on the shelf. The manager let me price match since I had an order placed that somehow got cancelled

I also found POtC Fountain of Youth $7.50 (left 2)
1 captain's Cabin for $4.50 with a torn up box (thankfully complete).

I think PPs are right. I saw two AC Motherships, but it comes up as unavailable on-line. No Friends Cafe in the store.

So confess people....WHO got to all the QAR in Braintree, MA? ;-)

Overall I'm happy with my purchases since we didn't have most of them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun May 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Oh and I got the $5 gift card for spending $50 in-store on toys AND I used $10 of my "shop your way rewards". In the end I got $322 of LEGO items for $100 or 69% off MSRP. :-D :clap: :up:

Oh and if you bought a Heroica game and the SW Geonosian Fighter...your items are there, they brought that out thinking it was mine. ;-)

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun May 27, 2012 3:08 pm

Kinda bummed out that I didn't get to go to the USA today and try and hunt for these amazing deals. I guess that is what happens when you have a sister. :/ But wait, don't females like going shopping? :(

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Sun May 27, 2012 4:05 pm

There were plenty (6+) of some of these sets on the shelves at the Kmart stores I went to but they were OOS on the website while standing in the aisle on my phone. Wish I had had time to try to work something out with the store manager.

zdog89
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zdog89 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:45 pm

picked up 4 captain cabins for 4.50 each. all in all not bad still bummed about no isla de murta or qar but not complaining one bit! No i will not step foot in kmart till the next clearance sale after xmas prob
-Chris

Drax44
I'm New !

Post by Drax44 » Sun May 27, 2012 4:53 pm

Grabbed 2 QARs at the Glassboro NJ Kmart for $30 each. They were in the regular toy aisle with clearance stickers listing them at $60, which I thought was a good enough deal. When I took them to check out, they gave an additional 50% off since they were labeled as Clearance.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Sun May 27, 2012 5:13 pm

Does anyone know if the 50% off in-store clearance was just for this weekend, or might it continue some into the week? I'm planning on calling another local store tomorrow about it when they're open but 1) figured it couldn't hurt to ask here first and 2) don't hold out much hope for whoever picks up the phone to know what's going on. :lol:

m19

johnnybates
I'm New !

Post by johnnybates » Sun May 27, 2012 6:25 pm

atmail35 wrote:Thanks OP, I found a few things for store pick-up and I guess I'll see if they come through. Sadly I missed out on the Friends Cafe, I gess that's what I get for being out at the LBS Grand Opening!
johnnybates wrote:Picked up 2 Forbidden Forests, 1 AC Mothership, and 1 Marina using Store Pickup. Got to the store and found a POTC Queen Anne's Revenge for $30 (clearance sticker was $60) and a POTC Fountain of Youth for $7.50 (sticker was $15).

It was a good day.
Which store?
Cromwell, CT

starfire2
Knight
Knight

Post by starfire2 » Sun May 27, 2012 7:02 pm

2 Kmarts and Zippo for clearance Lego. Oh well, maybe it is a sign...

Galahad2309
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Galahad2309 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:53 pm

My Kmart had signs that the 50% off clearance ends 5/28.
Morgan19 wrote:Does anyone know if the 50% off in-store clearance was just for this weekend, or might it continue some into the week? I'm planning on calling another local store tomorrow about it when they're open but 1) figured it couldn't hurt to ask here first and 2) don't hold out much hope for whoever picks up the phone to know what's going on. :lol:

m19

wilykat
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wilykat » Sun May 27, 2012 11:02 pm

I tried for the deal but one local Kmart screwed me 6 different ways. It seems their online inventory did not match the actual on hand stock. That is: I ordered 6 sets (plus $5 off coupon for order over $45) but they couldn't find ONE at all. Either it was stolen (bar code switch or just walked out of the store unpaid) or completely lost in the stock room somewhere.

nerdns
I'm New !

Post by nerdns » Mon May 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Thanks for the great deal. I finally picked up my sets from online order on Friday:

City Marina
Alien Mothership
Alien Tripod
Harry Potter Forest

There inventory is messed up. There were still more than 2 of several sets that were out of stock online for pickup. I asked them if they would pricematch and they said no. I didn't wanna push it because I already got a great deal and thanked them for there help.

I also went to another K-Mart, found POTC: Cannibal Escape for $11. When I got home, I opened it and it was a different set and no instructions. Some people are so shady. I'm going to return it.

cowbug
Knight
Knight

Post by cowbug » Mon May 28, 2012 2:36 pm

nerdns wrote:
There inventory is messed up. There were still more than 2 of several sets that were out of stock online for pick up.
I've noticed this at mor than one store. I am sure they do it to 1) to account for missing (lost or stolen) inventory and/or 2) to minimize the risk of someone buying the item before an associate call pull it fostoreonline order.

I also wondered if the store managers have the abillity to sell them selves out of items on the web site when they don't like the on-line clearance prices. Wouldn't surprise me.

MakoSlade
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by MakoSlade » Mon May 28, 2012 4:46 pm

I decided to check the clearance items again last night and saw more stuff at the store closest to me in Linden, NJ. So I ordered two Quidditch Match sets and one Forbidden Forest. When I went to pick these up I saw a Fountain of Youth for $7.50 and a few Freeing Doby for $4.00. And a big tease, two clearence stickers on the shelf for The Mill and Queen Anne's Revenge! Sadly, none of these left.

dimsumonly
I'm New !

Post by dimsumonly » Mon May 28, 2012 8:31 pm

I'm not sure if anyone posted this but if you go into Kmart and see that something is in stock, you can ask the store manager to honor the online price. All you have to do is show them their website and ask them to search "Lego clearance". Then let them know that the website show that their store is out of stock but you found some. Normally they'll say yes but sometimes they'll say no. Of the 8 stores I've gone to 7 of them said yes. So this may help out.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Tue May 29, 2012 10:55 am

8 stores? haha. No wonder I couldn't find anything in LA. :) Did you score any QARs?

I know a friend of mine wasn't able to get the price match out in the IE. And they had 4 Hogwart's too.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Tue May 29, 2012 11:14 am

Same with me. One said Yes, one no.

dimsumonly
I'm New !

Post by dimsumonly » Tue May 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Gooker1 wrote:8 stores? haha. No wonder I couldn't find anything in LA. :) Did you score any QARs?

I know a friend of mine wasn't able to get the price match out in the IE. And they had 4 Hogwart's too.
Went to 8 since they didn't have all the sets that I wanted and unfortunately I didn't find any QARs. I did get a Skull Truck, different AC sets & the SW Bounty Hunter ship. If you can try the Big Bear one or the ones here in L.A county. Most are pretty helpful.