Kmart online clearance!

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Kmart online clearance!

Post by Zeya » Fri May 25, 2012 4:35 pm

As a former employee of Kmart one summer in college... they aren't exactly NASA when it comes to their business operations. I'd be surprised if the online stock matches any given store's stock at all. They probably only get sync'd up during quarterly or bi-yearly inventories.

If the store is close to you, I'd recommend taking in a printout of your order (presumably cancelled at this point) and talking to the customer service desk. Maybe grab the sets from the aisle to make it easier and more compelling for them to help you. I wouldn't try and show them an email on your smart phone - not everyone is comfortable taking someone's phone like that. And be very sweet and kind to the customer service people. Then it's just down to whether they can or will help you. Some people simply don't know how or lack the power to override this and that with the computer system. Good luck.

One more note - asking for them to check the back storeroom has a very low probability of working and not worth the hassle. The storerooms are a disaster area when I worked there with nothing organized and no chance of finding anything. Don't waste your time with that.

Galahad2309
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Galahad2309 » Fri May 25, 2012 4:43 pm

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:Too bad the online store inventory did not match their actual inventory. They had plenty of sets physically at the location, but most said out of stock online. (Just like others said they ring up full price.)

If they do cancel my order (due to their laziness?), I'll just have to bring the email and have them price match.

We'll see if I get any pick up notifications. That Friends Cafe would have been the best find but both of my Kmarts don't even carry Friends.
All the KMarts I've seen carry the Friends sets in the girl toy aisle and not in the Lego area.

evo8hks
Knight
Knight

Post by evo8hks » Fri May 25, 2012 5:44 pm

So I visited the Sidney NY store today. They would not honor the online sale prices. So here's the game I had to play. First go to the store and inventory wanted sets for availability. Then add amounts of one set at a time to your online order until it states that it is unavailable and then subtract that additional set added. What sucks is that stores have "Shelf stock" that is not available for purchase online. The $5 off $50 coupon worked great. Also the Kmart's I visited had free Wi-fi, which made site-store ordering very easy.
I scored 13 forbidden forest, 3 tripod AC, and 2 of the friends store sets. I had to leave behind 2 of the small hogwarts, 2 of the friends stores, 2 AC tripods, a Quidditch match, and 2 star fighters. They have lots of the harbor marina sets available as well as the AC mother-ship and UFO abduction sets.
Last edited by evo8hks on Fri May 25, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Fri May 25, 2012 5:46 pm

I couldn't get the coupon to work, but was afraid that I would lose out on my stuff, so said to heck with it.

13 forbidden forest! That's a lot of mushroom tops!

Update: just got my confirmation. Hope all is there tomorrow. Has anyone ever arrived to the store and they didn't have the items?
Last edited by dho7622u on Fri May 25, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnnybates
I'm New !

Post by johnnybates » Fri May 25, 2012 7:45 pm

Picked up 2 Forbidden Forests, 1 AC Mothership, and 1 Marina using Store Pickup. Got to the store and found a POTC Queen Anne's Revenge for $30 (clearance sticker was $60) and a POTC Fountain of Youth for $7.50 (sticker was $15).

It was a good day.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Fri May 25, 2012 7:46 pm

Wow! Lucky on the QAR!

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:01 pm

Online stuff was gone this morning when I tried. Went to store and found out like many others, they don't match their online clearance. Must be keep shelf and online separate. I did find Pirates of the Caribbean stuff heavily discounted (>50%) though when I scanned the items. Shelf showed them at regular price. Picked up a few small sets even though I have them already...too good to pass up.

OT: PoTC sets at Walmart is 30% off when I checked in-store today as someone here mentioned. Will check Sunday or Monday to see if anything left and discounted more.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri May 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Do I need to pick up my order within a certain # of days?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 25, 2012 8:37 pm

johnnybates wrote:Picked up 2 Forbidden Forests, 1 AC Mothership, and 1 Marina using Store Pickup. Got to the store and found a POTC Queen Anne's Revenge for $30 (clearance sticker was $60) and a POTC Fountain of Youth for $7.50 (sticker was $15).

It was a good day.
What the ...?? $30 for Queen Anne's Revenge...... :crazy:

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Fri May 25, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks to the OP for the news. I probably would have missed it otherwise but after quite the hassle, and extended driving I managed to find what I wanted:

In store:
POTC Isla de La Muerte: $6.50
POTC The Mill: $15

Online with In store Pick-Up:

Bounty Hunter Assault Ship
Geonosian
NinjaGo Skull Truck

K-Mart really doesn't make any sense though. It defies logic and I was pulling my hair out at one point. My online orders went through with the coupon for $47. I pick up my son from school and we stop at our local K-Mart to browse and see what's up. I see a cart filled with all the items from the sale parked near the scanner. Someone's been looking. We find the POTC sets but everything else is full price (hence the cart). At this point I get an email that everything is confirmed except for the Bounty Hunter ship. Head to that store because knowing how K-Mart can be, I want to see it for myself. On hand shows 3 so me and another employee look for a bit then the manager agrees to call another store to see if they have one for me. He locates one but this is where it gets infuriating. They're going to hold it for me (the last one) but I have to convince them to honor the online price. Luckily, I get a kind-hearted Assistant Manager over the phone. She explained to me that if the stock is 1 left in the store it goes to zero online, so I don't even have the option to try and cancel the orders and do them over. It wouldn't add. And normally in-store they will not honor online. It's circular. At this point I'm worrying that they'll go back on the $5 off $50, since online isn't connected to this transaction. It isn't really part of my original order anymore (THOUGH IT SHOULD BE THAT SIMPLE). When I spoke to Kmart.com they told me that the coupon would be honored for the other 2 sets when I get charged. We'll see.

vladsimi
I'm New !

Post by vladsimi » Fri May 25, 2012 9:13 pm

I scored 6 QAR for $30 each! Drove to 3 KMarts in the metro Detroit area. One had 4, one had 2, the other was closed by the time I got there... I also picked a few of the smaller POTC sets at the prices others have mentioned above.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 pm

You guys are DEFINITELY going to make lots of money from selliing them. These deep discounts were hard to believe. QAR shouldn't be as cheap as $30.....it was an insult to this set. I like this QAR even more than imperial flagship. I would say $50 or $60 is the cheapest it can go.
Last edited by legohunter on Fri May 25, 2012 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jal4u2c
Citizen
Citizen

Post by jal4u2c » Fri May 25, 2012 9:42 pm

Want to sell a QAR? LOL My Kmart didn't even have any of those or the Pearl. :(

byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by byobu » Fri May 25, 2012 9:52 pm

There are smaller sets of POTC at my Kmart which I bought but NO QAR ... :(
$30 is crazy! :eek: :shock:

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Fri May 25, 2012 10:28 pm

vladsimi wrote:I scored 6 QAR for $30 each! Drove to 3 KMarts in the metro Detroit area. One had 4, one had 2, the other was closed by the time I got there... I also picked a few of the smaller POTC sets at the prices others have mentioned above.
That's interesteing because it's 50% off 50%... my Kmarts never go past 33% off on the first clearance, so the 50% off clearance only gets you down to 66% off. Still great, but I wish they did some 50% off first-line discounts around here! Although if they did, probably nothing would last til the extra 50% off...

johnnybates
I'm New !

Post by johnnybates » Sat May 26, 2012 1:34 am

legohunter wrote:
johnnybates wrote:Picked up 2 Forbidden Forests, 1 AC Mothership, and 1 Marina using Store Pickup. Got to the store and found a POTC Queen Anne's Revenge for $30 (clearance sticker was $60) and a POTC Fountain of Youth for $7.50 (sticker was $15).

It was a good day.
What the ...?? $30 for Queen Anne's Revenge...... :crazy:
That's exactly what I thought when I saw it!

tevans333
I'm New !

Post by tevans333 » Sat May 26, 2012 1:56 am

vladsimi wrote:I scored 6 QAR for $30 each! Drove to 3 KMarts in the metro Detroit area. One had 4, one had 2, the other was closed by the time I got there... I also picked a few of the smaller POTC sets at the prices others have mentioned above.
Which locations did you goto so I know which ones to avoid:)

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat May 26, 2012 4:36 am

Thanks OP, I found a few things for store pick-up and I guess I'll see if they come through. Sadly I missed out on the Friends Cafe, I gess that's what I get for being out at the LBS Grand Opening!

It was a good day.
Which store?

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sat May 26, 2012 5:20 am

Side note....whatever happened to the thumbs up/like button that we had on here? Prob been gone for months and I just noticed lol.

phatras69
I'm New !

Post by phatras69 » Sat May 26, 2012 5:55 am

Im guessing he hit the lake Orion store as they had a bunch of the queen Ann yesterday and none today.
The lo store has next to nothing left. lapeer has some smaller sets and some Marinas left. Both however the site to store doesnt work proper but I managed to talk both stores into price matching for me. Picked up 2 bounty hunter ships, a Marina, and 4 forbbiden forests from the lo store, and snagged a Marina, 3 captains cabins and a earth defense HQ from the lapeer store.