Kidstuff Coupon Books - LEGO Store Coupons

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
atmail35
Duke
Duke

Kidstuff Coupon Books - LEGO Store Coupons

Post by atmail35 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:46 pm

My daughter's school sold these fundraising coupon books this winter. Each book had 4 coupons for the LEGO Store ( not valid online). Two - $5 off $50 and two - $20 off $100 that are good through 12/31/12. I finally got around to using one and they do work.

If you have school-aged kids you might want to ask your PTO/PTA to participate in this type of fundraiser. The books are sold for $25 and the school made $12.50 from each one.

The books are regional and seem to be available in the following states (and the coupon is valid in these states with LBS)

PA
NJ
OH
MD
NY
MA
GA
CT

If anyone is interested, I can type out the eligible stores. I sort of wish I bought more than one. Tons of other good coupons too.

http://www.kidstuffcouponbook.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Kidstuff Coupon Books - LEGO Store Coupons

Post by SpaceViking » Tue May 15, 2012 5:51 am

Thanks for the tip! What's the schedule for these? that is, when in the school year does the fundraiser take place, and when are the coupon books delivered?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue May 15, 2012 12:49 pm

I think they probably can be obtained all year, but I'm guessing the new edition comes out late summer? Most coupons expire 12/31. If you got them now, unless the 2012/13 edition is available, parents won't have as much time to use them.

We had the opportunity to start selling them before September 2011, but didn't get our act together. I hope Lego still participates for the next edition. I'd recommend confirming first.

The good thing is that there is no obligation to buy X # of books, so there is no initial outlay for the school/PTO etc.

our edition had nice LLBean coupons, Build A Bear and others.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Fri May 25, 2012 8:33 am

atmail35, can you please confirm the eligible stores in NY that can accept these coupons. I am hoping the rochester store is included. Thanks

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:54 pm

ricefields wrote:atmail35, can you please confirm the eligible stores in NY that can accept these coupons. I am hoping the rochester store is included. Thanks
Sorry for the delay, the coupons always seemed to be far away from the computer. ;-)

NY:
Palisades Center
Queens Center
Rockefeller Center
Rossevelt Field

NJ:
Bridgewater Commons
Westfiled Garden State Plaza

PA: King of Prussia Mall

MD:
Arundel Mills
Westfield Annapolis

MA:
Burlington Mall
Natick Collection
South Shore Plaza
(Note: North Shore Mall, Peabody is NOT listed)

Ohio:
Kenwood Towne Center
Easton Town Center
Beachwood Place Mall

GA: Discover Mills

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:45 pm

thanks for the details, unfortunately nothing close by :sad:

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:23 am

ricefields wrote:thanks for the details, unfortunately nothing close by :sad:
I just thought of something. The Rochester store just opened right? This book was issued back in 2011.

My daughter's school will be selling the 2012-13 books, once I see the contents I can post an update. It likely will be in a few months before I see it. The North Shore Mall in MA is not listed currently, but I anticipate it will be included in the next edition, if LEGO continues to participate.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:26 pm

thanks, the three top places that I could go for lego from the border are:
rochester NY
troy michigan
boston area - which has at least 4 stores now

so any updates on those would be great, thanks!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:09 pm

I received an email that confirms LEGO is included in the 2012/13 edition, but I have not received the books to determine the stores included or the coupon savings amounts.

I looked at the website again and you can see what vendors are included , hit browse editions and click on your region. It appears that they are doing $5 off $50 and $20 off $100.

http://www.kidstuffcouponbook.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:47 pm

I wanted to let people know that LEGO is participating in the 2013/14 edition. They have also expanded the books. Same configuration 2 x $5 off $50 and 2 x $20 off $100.

Apparently the books will now have a Texas, Delaware, Illinois and Minnesota editions.

http://mykscb.com/kidstuff-coupon-book-editions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for details...

I forgot to mention that new this year are $5 off $25 for TRU.

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:59 pm

Did they add Peabody/Northshore Mall to the MA edition?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:09 am

GuaranteedUnity wrote:Did they add Peabody/Northshore Mall to the MA edition?
The 2012/13 (last year's edition) does list Northshore Mall.

I will try to remember to post back once I get the new books.

Update for 2012/13 edition (last year)...bold indicates change from 2011/12:

NY:
Palisades Center
Queens Center
Rockefeller Center
Rossevelt Field

NJ:
Bridgewater Commons
Jersey Gardens

MD:
Arundel Mills
Westfield Annapolis

MA:
Burlington Mall
Natick Collection
South Shore Plaza
North Shore Mall, Peabody

Ohio:
Kenwood Towne Center
Easton Town Center
Beachwood Place Mall

GA: Discover Mills
North Point Mall

emazers
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by emazers » Sun Sep 01, 2013 1:34 pm

Anybody thinking about getting these Coupons well I tried to use them today, the save $20 if you spend over $100 well the manager said now are not taking any coupons on any Exclusives and Hard to Find Sets. Then I went to the other lego store and my brother was buying the new Mindstorm and they would not let him use the $20 Coupon, now I got in a line where it seems the girl didn't get the message and was brand new or what, but I got 2 Volkswagen Campers, and 2 batman Arkhams, I used 4 $20 Coupons. Now I am calling Lego up to see what the word is, as these Kidstuff Coupons do not say anything about Exclusives, hard to Find etc, It says Save $20 on $100 purchase, and the other Coupon says save $5 on $50 or more. The First lego store I went to the manager said Lego told them No Coupons on Exclusives. So before buying any of these I would wait and see whats going on.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:32 pm

emazers wrote:Anybody thinking about getting these Coupons well I tried to use them today, the save $20 if you spend over $100 well the manager said now are not taking any coupons on any Exclusives and Hard to Find Sets. Then I went to the other lego store and my brother was buying the new Mindstorm and they would not let him use the $20 Coupon, now I got in a line where it seems the girl didn't get the message and was brand new or what, but I got 2 Volkswagen Campers, and 2 batman Arkhams, I used 4 $20 Coupons. Now I am calling Lego up to see what the word is, as these Kidstuff Coupons do not say anything about Exclusives, hard to Find etc, It says Save $20 on $100 purchase, and the other Coupon says save $5 on $50 or more. The First lego store I went to the manager said Lego told them No Coupons on Exclusives. So before buying any of these I would wait and see whats going on.
I read on brickset that LEGO is limiting coupon use and excluding certain items (i.e. large sets like Death Star, modular etc.). I believe it went into effect recently. Although I think it is lousy if they don't honor coupons that DON'T have the exclusion on them.

I will still use the coupons since often buy other items (i.e. 2 - $50 sets or 16 minifigures) at a time. But you are right, the coupons are becoming harder to use. I have not attempted to use the KidStuff on a restricted set since this started (supposedly 8/1 I think).

Please post back to tell us what you find out.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:12 pm

I used a $5 coupon on a LE 4 x 4 Crawler 41999 and a $20 coupon on a Tower Bridge 10214 today 9/1/13, so it may depend on the store. Those were the last two I had anyway.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:24 pm

exciter1 wrote:I used a $5 coupon on a LE 4 x 4 Crawler 41999 and a $20 coupon on a Tower Bridge 10214 today 9/1/13, so it may depend on the store. Those were the last two I had anyway.
Sounds like we should try sooner than later to use them on the big ticket items.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:24 am

Update for stores included in 2013/14 Editions: BOLD indicates new additions. Georgia is no longer on the list.

NY:
Palisades Center
Queens Center
Rockefeller Center
Rossevelt Field

NJ:
Bridgewater Commons
Jersey Gardens

MD:
Arundel Mills
Westfield Annapolis

MA:
Burlington Mall
Natick Collection
South Shore Plaza
North Shore Mall, Peabody

Ohio:
Kenwood Towne Center
Easton Town Center
Beachwood Place Mall

Delaware:
Christiana Mall

Illinois:
Water Tower Place
Northbrook Court
Orland Square
Woodfield Mall

Texas:
Northpark
Stonebriar Centre

There is no exclusion like the new 10% off coupons. HOWEVER, I believe they will not honor them on the "exclusives" list as that is the new policy. They do say, "not valid on sale items, prior purchases or gift cards".

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:29 am

New this year are TRU Coupons $5 off $25. 4 coupons with the following dates:

9/1/13 - 12/31/13
1/1/14 - 4/30/14
5/1/14 - 8/31/14
9/1/14 - 12/31/14

Nepenthe7
Knight
Knight

Post by Nepenthe7 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:15 am

They told me that they do not allow % off of exclusives but dollar off would be ok. This was in Paramus NJ LEGO store.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:56 am

Nepenthe7 wrote:They told me that they do not allow % off of exclusives but dollar off would be ok. This was in Paramus NJ LEGO store.
good to know, I will ask when the next time I am there. I'd be happy to get $20 of a modular. ;-)