[CAN] TRU FREE ChromeTrooper & 20% off Atl, PM, Tech

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[CAN] TRU FREE ChromeTrooper & 20% off Atl, PM, Tech

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:35 pm

Valid March 26 - April 5 in Canada only

ToysRUs Canada is offering 20% off ALL LEGO Atlantis, Power Miners, and Technic. This is a great time to use their $10 LEGO savings card in conjunction with this sale. The savings card was given out from March 12-18 and can be used towards purchases of $50 or more on LEGO from March 26-April 29.

They will also be giving out a FREE LEGO Star Wars Chrome Stormtrooper when you spend $30 or more on LEGO Star Wars. The Chrome Stormtrooper is available instores only.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [CAN] TRU FREE ChromeTrooper & 20% off Atl, PM, Tech

Post by strongholds » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:45 pm

I wonder if we can buy just the stormtrooper like Toysrus US. $30 purchase to get a minifigure is expensive compared to US when it was $11.99 purchase. Clearly, the Canadian dollar is even stronger than before and is almost equal to US funds, but we have to spend 3 times more to get the stormtrooper. :?

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:21 am

This is totally unfair. We have to spend almost 3 times what the American's had to spend, and BTW, there are no Star Wars sets that sell for $30 exactly (the US at least had battle packs that sell for the minimum price of $11.99) so we'll have spend well over $30 to get it. Oh well I guess I'll have to do with out.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:39 am

Ya this is rip off knowing theres no actual set for $30. Would it be possible if we still get the chrome stormie if we buy the echo base or tank droid for $29.99?

clock4me
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by clock4me » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:07 pm

Its marked as "sold out" on legoshop now. Anyone in Canada that doesn't have this figure should head to a toysrus tommorow to get them. The figure will increase in value very soon!

strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by strongholds » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:02 am

Just finished my call with legoshop rep and the stormtrooper is completely sold out with limited run and won't be getting anymore.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:25 pm

Alyvin wrote:Ya this is rip off knowing theres no actual set for $30. Would it be possible if we still get the chrome stormie if we buy the echo base or tank droid for $29.99?
I separated 2 transactions for 4 battle packs ($14.99 each) to get 2 chrome troopers. So it depends on the cashier if they will offer it to you. They were also giving away $10 off $50 LEGO savings card at the same time during this event. The cashier was confused thinking you have to spend $50 on lego to get the savings card which you can use the next time for $50 off $10. In the end, however i was still able to get the $10 off my purchase.

You also can't just buy the chrome stormtrooper because they don't have a price or barcode for it.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:56 pm

I went there again today and spotted all spring impulse sets $3.97 each (reg.$4.99). Still lots of chrome stormtroopers available.