[USA] Toys R Us: Save $10 on $50 Purchase 4/8 - 4/14

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
nick91884
Knight
Knight

Re: [USA] Toys R Us: Save $10 on $50 Purchase 4/8 - 4/14

Post by nick91884 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:32 pm

I just got back from the store! They didnt even check my ID, they asked what I ordered and what my order number was... Everything was smooth though and no issues! 6865 6866 and 6867 for $28!

It took about an hour from order online to getting the pickup ready email.
"The problem with quotes on the internet is it's difficult to determine if indeed they are true" -Abraham Lincoln

Strictly.Rollers
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Strictly.Rollers » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Would anyone know if you can do multiple store pickups at the same store? I am trying to purchase the whole marvel line. To get the whole line I would have to do more than one order. What is the chance it will be contested once I go to pick up the items?

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:35 pm

Strictly.Rollers wrote:Would anyone know if you can do multiple store pickups at the same store? I am trying to purchase the whole marvel line. To get the whole line I would have to do more than one order. What is the chance it will be contested once I go to pick up the items?
I haven't picked up my items yet but I put the two orders at 1 store and it went in just fine.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:38 pm

As far as I can tell from looking at the screens when they fetch stuff, there is no telling how much you paid for your order, whether there was a discount etc. They just get the message with what to set aside and it goes in the cage at the front until you get there.

I could be wrong though.

goshe7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by goshe7 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:44 pm

Thanks. Didn't see the deal until after local store closing. Placed an order and have my fingers crossed!

The only downside is I now feel like I was cheated when I bought SW Advent Calendars for $19.98. (Tough life, I know. :-D )

Strictly.Rollers
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Strictly.Rollers » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:49 pm

UnknownUser wrote:
Strictly.Rollers wrote:Would anyone know if you can do multiple store pickups at the same store? I am trying to purchase the whole marvel line. To get the whole line I would have to do more than one order. What is the chance it will be contested once I go to pick up the items?
I haven't picked up my items yet but I put the two orders at 1 store and it went in just fine.

Thanks for the info guys! Has anyone tried to place orders for shipping and showed it shipped?

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:57 pm

I'm still pretty skeptical that those orders will ever ship, though I hope for the best for all who went that route. As someone else had stated, whether it was here or Brickset, I can't remember, today being Easter Sunday had a lot to do with this I bet. Nothing is going out. Maybe those very first orders placed early for shipping will go through and be on there way out early tomorrow, but the later ones not so sure. They'll most likely have figured it out by then.

Strictly.Rollers
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Strictly.Rollers » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:15 pm

intromission wrote:I'm still pretty skeptical that those orders will ever ship, though I hope for the best for all who went that route. As someone else had stated, whether it was here or Brickset, I can't remember, today being Easter Sunday had a lot to do with this I bet. Nothing is going out. Maybe those very first orders placed early for shipping will go through and be on there way out early tomorrow, but the later ones not so sure. They'll most likely have figured it out by then.

Thank you for the info Intromission. This is the first time I am trying the in store pickup. I already placed one order for in store near my folks since the Toyrus near me are out of stock. It did take a great deal of playing around with certain items before I could get the right combination. I was considering placing another in store to get some of the other Marvel sets I need to complete my collection and also make it worth the effort of bothering my folks to pick them up. Since shopping hours are over will this in anyway prevent my order from being green lit for pickup by tom?

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:16 pm

No issues here. Picked up multiple orders with multiple email printouts and they never batted an eye.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Don't take the chance on shipping, pick them up if you can. It's nearly 50% off retail for the new marvel sets that haven't even made to the shelves on the other big retailers.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:36 pm

I don't know man, my guess is you'll be safe for pick-up. Not sure what would throw up the red flag at Toys R Us corporate. I'm just speculating here but I would think the right department would have to catch the errors and then communicate it to the right people. I'm sure it will start with cutting things off at the website first to prevent further orders before the stores hear about it, so as long as the employees are gathering your items first thing when they open you should be good. I'd get in there ASAP after that.

I'm just guessing here but I would think anything that speeds up the process is to your advantage. It's only a matter of time. I was there first thing when they opened today.

Strictly.Rollers wrote:
intromission wrote:I'm still pretty skeptical that those orders will ever ship, though I hope for the best for all who went that route. As someone else had stated, whether it was here or Brickset, I can't remember, today being Easter Sunday had a lot to do with this I bet. Nothing is going out. Maybe those very first orders placed early for shipping will go through and be on there way out early tomorrow, but the later ones not so sure. They'll most likely have figured it out by then.

Thank you for the info Intromission. This is the first time I am trying the in store pickup. I already placed one order for in store near my folks since the Toyrus near me are out of stock. It did take a great deal of playing around with certain items before I could get the right combination. I was considering placing another in store to get some of the other Marvel sets I need to complete my collection and also make it worth the effort of bothering my folks to pick them up. Since shopping hours are over will this in anyway prevent my order from being green lit for pickup by tom?

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:01 pm

What a great sale this turns out to be! Works on some of the Star Wars stuff too. Can't beat $4.99 battle packs or $11.99 droid escape/genosian cannon. :-D

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:08 pm

I read through this thread and can't believe the ENERGY some of you have to save 10-20 dollars! Seriously? I got to think it is more of the opportunity to stick it to Toysrus than actually needing these sets this badly! I hope some of you enjoyed your day with family at least. I am truly in misbelief on some of these stories. I guess I wouldn't go to some of the extremes, that's all. I am no better, I have done the same before, but realized how crazy it had became and lost focus on what is important. :crazy:

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:10 pm

I looked at this earlier, but couldn't figure out how to make it work (duh...forgot to enter the code)....meanwhile I was supposed to be cleaning the house for our 15 guests and I had sent the hubby and kid to church so I didn't spend much time on it. :lol:

I just placed an order for store pick up. I wasn't planning on getting the Marvel sets (my daughter hasn't a clue who they are), but at this price I decided to pull the trigger. I wanted a few City sets, but many of the newer ones were not available for store pick up.

Fingers crossed that I can actually pick up tomorrow.

Someone at TRU was asleep at the switch and likely is off enjoying Easter and will be in trouble on Monday!

JabbaT
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JabbaT » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:20 pm

Wow the planet sets for $1.99 and advent calendar for $9.99 is crazy! Too bad it doesn't work on the friends stuff.

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:05 pm

i got 6 captain america sets, 2 iron man / loki sets, and 1 wolverine/deadpool copter for a grand total of 75 bucks or so.

a heads up, if you are doing the pick up, buy from the North Bergen NJ store, tax is only 3%!!! i did buy 3 sets from secaucus too.

thanks guys, this was a fantastic glitch to play with!!!!

silvashado
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by silvashado » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:09 pm

Got to this a bit late so my local store is closed. Have to go to work tomorrow so I won't know until I get home tomorrow evening. I expect that I'll either have a cancellation email or a pick-up your order email. Certainly hope it's the latter.

Thanks so much for letting us know about this error!

lukeskywalker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lukeskywalker » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:17 pm

love this. My conscience *cough* mom *cough* will only let me do 3 orders. If you're using paypal, you can do as many orders as you want as long as you delete the tru cookie

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:35 pm

logging out and loggin back in worked fine for me.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:56 pm

Despite how good of a deal this turned out to be, I have a gut feeling that TRU would start mass canceling store pickup orders early tomorrow. Here's hoping that my orders stay intact tomorrow...