Kmart BOGO 50% off (CITY, SW and Hero Factory)

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
nkx1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Kmart BOGO 50% off (CITY, SW and Hero Factory)

Post by nkx1 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:24 pm

kk012 wrote:^^I ordered 4 items off Kmart.com. 1 is for store pick up and the other 3 were to be shipped. I just noticed that my email order confirmation lists the 3 to be shipped as unavailable in warehouse and order to be fulfilled by store. I didn't even get a shipping confirmation for the 3 items, yet. The credit card charge for that is still pending.

I don't know why, but I really should have ordered everything for store pick up :(
janckson wrote:They're quick with shipping, they just haven't handed the packages to USPS or UPS yet. I ordered on Sunday was actually surprised to get a tracking number the same day. All of my packages shipped out from IL, so if you live close they'll all arrive within 1 or 2 days.
robertwilliamneil wrote:Mine was really goofy too, the tracking number didn't work for the first day, and than it said delivered before it was, and it only indicated one item out of 3 was in the package. But, it arrived today and everything was exactly as I ordered. Very happy with the deal I got.
Got it, thanks for all the replies. Maybe mine will show up after all. Perhaps Kmart's clueless and disorganized infrastructure is one reason they are about to go extinct... I've never had this happen with Amazon. Oh well, we should enjoy the deals while they last!

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:25 am

Went in to my small Kmart that has few sets and takes forever to restock.

Ran into a $22.50 Mothership, so was obligated to snag it, but the real story is that they had the 2 New SW BP's listed for BOGO, and actually rang up that way as well without any fuss with the cashier (I took a picture just in case... =) Happy surprises.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

h-7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by h-7 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Well, I just placed an order and kmart broke it down to 3 different charges still ultimately the same final total just 3 separate charges. I hope I get all that I ordered :???: never hear a lot of good kmart.com stories.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Honestly my kmart.com experiences are generally much better than my instore experiences....perhaps my stores are just more scary than the average kmart.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:00 pm

So far so good for me. On my 2 orders, I've received an email indicating that everything has now been shipped. I've also received a package today with approx half of what I ordered, all in good condition, and all of them being the correct set!

Much better experience than my last attempt on Kmart.com... 10x better than any store of their's I've graced.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

kk012
Peasant
Peasant

Post by kk012 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:16 pm

If you are a Shop Your Way Rewards member, you get a $5 GC with a purchase of $50 or more. This offer ends 4/8.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:14 am

Kmart has actually a very efficient system if you think about it. They have a warehouse of inventory and also have a pool of inventory if you combine all their stores. When you purchase online, and the item is not available at their warehouse, their system is smart enough to look at the pool of store inventories, probably picks the stores closest to shipping address and the stores ship to the address. Very efficient as the shipping costs become nominal and the shipment travels less distance, less opportunity for damage and quicker delivery. They even offer store pick up. I am going to stretch here and say, I think they have a better procument system than toysrus, even though toysrus has a greater selection. I obviously don't know for sure if that's what they do, but seems like this is correct based on my recent orders. Toysrus has lost out on my business this round.

Cheers.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Who would have EVER thought I'm making more Lego purchases for my collection from Kmart this year than from TRU? Not me fo sho.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:04 pm

zztoy wrote: I am going to stretch here and say, I think they have a better procument system than toysrus, even though toysrus has a greater selection. I obviously don't know for sure if that's what they do, but seems like this is correct based on my recent orders. Toysrus has lost out on my business this round.

Cheers.
A stretch? Not at All. Kmart is better than TRU. And that is saying a lot since I despise Kmart's CS. TRU has all but lost my buisness with their sub-par CS, inflated normal prices, even higher prices for sales, and their suspiciously out of stock of expensive sets during BOGO.