BOGO 50% Off at Toys R Us- Feb 19 to Feb 25

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
sfenness
I'm New !

Re: BOGO 50% Off at Toys R Us- Feb 19 to Feb 25

Post by sfenness » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Ok i ask this question because i am new to the forums, so i apologize if this has been asked in the past. Since this sale is in their NEWSPAPER AD, technically shouldn't Walmart match it? I looked on Walmart's website and it seems to meet all their criteria.....

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:28 pm

thecleator wrote:Im not a huge fan of TRU myself but when the Bogo started they actually did have big sets in stock they just sold out in like one hour
Maybe they weren't quick enough mark it out of stock or maybe they had a preset limit for the promotion? I would be very surprised if they came back in stock throughout the week and not so surprised if they come back in stock after the promotion ends.
sfenness wrote:Ok i ask this question because i am new to the forums, so i apologize if this has been asked in the past. Since this sale is in their NEWSPAPER AD, technically shouldn't Walmart match it? I looked on Walmart's website and it seems to meet all their criteria.....
How so? I've already spotted two guidelines that would have them deny the matching of the promotion.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:33 pm

sfenness wrote:Ok i ask this question because i am new to the forums, so i apologize if this has been asked in the past. Since this sale is in their NEWSPAPER AD, technically shouldn't Walmart match it? I looked on Walmart's website and it seems to meet all their criteria.....
I don't think they will. In my experience, Wal-mart will price match specific prices, but will NOT price match a (%) off a non-specific product, nor will they match BOGO type offers. The only time I've seen them price match a % off, is when the ad specifically says how much the discount brings the price to, or if you've already purchased that 1 specific item and show your receipt. Essentially they will only price match when it specifies a specific Item/Items AND lists the actual sale price.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

sfenness
I'm New !

Post by sfenness » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:20 pm

Ok I read closer and see what you mean guys, thanks, one can dream!
Luciant wrote:
I don't think they will. In my experience, Wal-mart will price match specific prices, but will NOT price match a (%) off a non-specific product, nor will they match BOGO type offers. The only time I've seen them price match a % off, is when the ad specifically says how much the discount brings the price to, or if you've already purchased that 1 specific item and show your receipt. Essentially they will only price match when it specifies a specific Item/Items AND lists the actual sale price.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:08 am

Yea :( Wal-mart's sales are so random and really just wait and hope for clearance, but then they never move.... so frustrating.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

PTSandman
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by PTSandman » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:41 am

TRU isn't worth it with all of the mark ups, hassles using certain deals, specifically marking the good stuff out of stock.

And don't get me started on how friggin useless TRU rewards is. I have yet to ever use any TRU rewards because of how hard they make it to actually use.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:49 am

sfenness wrote:Ok I read closer and see what you mean guys, thanks, one can dream!
Luciant wrote:
I asked a guy at Target and he said if you have the paper ad they will price match also, no substitutes like a ipod ad or printed out one.

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by chenwaa123 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:42 am

The DC Fun House is back in stock.

neomonkey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by neomonkey » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:20 am

chenwaa123 wrote:The DC Fun House is back in stock.
Thanks! I ordered 2 since there was nothing else available at the same price. Would have gotten the robber's hideout but it's not instock.

mooslug
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mooslug » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:14 am

Robber's Hideout showed as in stock for me, so assuming it had just been restocked as well, I ordered it and the Funhouse, along with a filler item to reach the free shipping threshold... When I clicked submit, the TRU site popped up a message stating that the Hideout wasn't available after all (even though it was shown ok throughout the checkout process).

Despite this, the order was still put through for the other two items without confirming (and no discounts). What the heck?! Luckily the order cancellation link worked.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:38 pm

PTSandman wrote:TRU isn't worth it with all of the mark ups, hassles using certain deals, specifically marking the good stuff out of stock.

And don't get me started on how friggin useless TRU rewards is. I have yet to ever use any TRU rewards because of how hard they make it to actually use.
I got a catalog in the mail today with one page dedicated to LEGO. It says, "biggest selection of LEGO anywhere". With an asterisk that indicates excludes LEGO brand retail stores, LEGO Discovery Center and LEGO Land Parks....THEN it says

Olivia's House ONLY (yes in caps and red font) $80.99
City Park Cafe ONLY $40.99
The Batcave ONLY $89.99
Etc......

Sure shop at TRU because we have a big selection AND it is over priced...nice! :down:

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:21 pm

brickz wrote:
tensor wrote:So sick of TRU
* Markups that are completely BS
* They say "ALL" but it doesn't mean all
* Items actually worth something are 99% out of stock for shipping

Here's the kicker, wanted to get 2 shuttle expeditions, the details page for that states limit 2, I try to add 2 and the cart says limit 1. Working with CS to try and do this manually, but not expecting much.

On the verge of completely boycotting tru in all forms because of this.
When there is a limit, always try etoys.com or fao.com. Same company really but shares the same stock.
Do all three have the same sales?

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:22 pm

Just an FYI for those in the CA area wanting Robber's Hideout and the funhouse escape for BOGO the TRU at Sunnyvale, CA has them both.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:25 pm

Grand emporium back in stock as of writing, couple with the technic logging truck 9397 for a good deal.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Tower Bridge also in stock as of typing this.

nkx1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by nkx1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:16 pm

tensor wrote:Grand emporium back in stock as of writing, couple with the technic logging truck 9397 for a good deal.
Legobrandon wrote:Tower Bridge also in stock as of typing this.
Thanks for the heads up! Bummer that the website does not allow you to purchase 2 GE's.

Also, I just missed the TB!! It allowed me to add to my cart, but immediately stated it was OOS. The website now says it's OOS. I wonder if the site would allow you to purchase two of the TB if available? I wouldn't feel as though I missed out if the limit were one TB...

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 pm

nkx1 wrote:
tensor wrote:Grand emporium back in stock as of writing, couple with the technic logging truck 9397 for a good deal.
Legobrandon wrote:Tower Bridge also in stock as of typing this.
Thanks for the heads up! Bummer that the website does not allow you to purchase 2 GE's.

Also, I just missed the TB!! It allowed me to add to my cart, but immediately stated it was OOS. The website now says it's OOS. I wonder if the site would allow you to purchase two of the TB if available? I wouldn't feel as though I missed out if the limit were one TB...
Go to FAO.com, they allow 2 of one item and they have the same promos going on right now.

EDIT: I just noticed both FAO and eToys removed the GE listing on their website. :oops:

nkx1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by nkx1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Legobrandon wrote: Go to FAO.com, they allow 2 of one item and they have the same promos going on right now.

EDIT: I just noticed both FAO and eToys removed the GE listing on their website. :oops:
First thing I tried lol. But like you said, they removed the GE from the respective sites. No such luck with ordering the TB at the other sites either :(

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:02 pm

I guess they only had a few GE left as it it already sold out.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:54 am

ALL modulars in stock at TRU

Pet Shop and Fire Brigade in stock at FAO ( at they WILL let you double up)

GO GO GO