BOGO 50% Off at Toys R Us- Feb 19 to Feb 25

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: BOGO 50% Off at Toys R Us- Feb 19 to Feb 25

Post by popnfresh » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:03 am

Yes they have restocked randomly during the duration of these sales before.

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Sucks the Superheroes sets are so overpriced. Only the creator sets are worth buying. Everything's outta stock now cept shuttle expedition and winter bakery village.

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:57 pm

brickz wrote:Sucks the Superheroes sets are so overpriced. Only the creator sets are worth buying. Everything's outta stock now cept shuttle expedition and winter bakery village.
Yep, I want to get some of the super hero sets but the prices are still not that great with BOGO :down:

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:09 pm

I found a sole Lightning Dragon today at a tiny TRU outlet store at one of the big Mills malls (Gurnee). I was pretty surprised since - as far as I know - my local TRU hasn't carried the set since Christmas.

The store had a only very small LEGO section and all were at the usual TRU retail price. However, the manager was nice enough to call the local TRU to get the details of the BOGO and she honored it.

She did mention that the outlet often has 1-2 hard-to-find or discontinued sets available. People who shop there usually only make "impulse purchases", so the larger LEGO sets don't move as fast as a regular retail TRU. Just passing on this bit of wisdom, for anyone who lives near a TRU outlet.

Lforcey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lforcey » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:07 pm

I havent bought much Lego from TRU because of their prices. But this sale, coupled with the fact that my youngest has suddenly developed a Ninjago obsession and now wants some of the red box sets from last year that are hard to find, and I'm crawling back to TRU in hopes of procuring a few for his upcoming birthday. So my (long-winded) question is, I saw the Ice Dragon and a few others he wants are out of stock over there. Historically, since those aren't part of the current line, is there any chance of them restocking those as well, or are they gone for good?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:01 am

The red box sets are discontinued. If you want any I suggest you get them as soon as you see them. You can try entertainmentearth.com or B&N or you supermarket chain like shoprite. If you don't like the hunt just get from bricklink while they are still cheap.

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:26 am

Lforcey wrote:my youngest has suddenly developed a Ninjago obsession and now wants some of the red box sets from last year that are hard to find, and I'm crawling back to TRU in hopes of procuring a few for his upcoming birthday.
Nuckal's ATV and Battle Arena are still on sale and available through lego.com. Check the sale section here:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Sales-And-Deals

Also, there were still a couple Skull Trucks and Nuckal's ATVs at the Wal-Marts around here as of last week for 50% off. Check the clearance aisle very carefully!

My TRU actually brought out more of the red box sets recently, but I'm assuming it's just leftover stock they had in the back room. No dragons, though.

Max Power
Knight
Knight

Post by Max Power » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:00 am

ice dragon set is going to be hard to find. I have been trying to find the earth dragon set with no luck.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:05 am

Since TRU stopped the affilate program with TnB, I will mention that Ebates still offers a measly 1% off TRU on-line purchases. I guess every little bit counts.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:37 am

natelite wrote:The red box sets are discontinued. If you want any I suggest you get them as soon as you see them. You can try entertainmentearth.com or B&N or you supermarket chain like shoprite. If you don't like the hunt just get from bricklink while they are still cheap.
There is a Skull Truck (2506) and a Ninja Battle Arena (2520) 50% off ($25 each) at my local Wal-Mart if interested Also, Lego Shop has Ninja Battle Arena (2520) for $30 and Nuckul's ATV (2518) for 50% = $12.50.
Max Power wrote:ice dragon set is going to be hard to find. I have been trying to find the earth dragon set with no luck.
I agree. All dragons are rare. I find the Lightning to be the most rare. Only seen it once at a TRU. With BOGO 50%, I might see if still available.

mooslug
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by mooslug » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:52 am

Sigh, the Robber's Hideout / Funhouse were both sets that I'd like to have, but as per usual the Funhouse was not in stock anywhere in town. OOS online too.

I've only seen it a single time in a TRU store. I'm curious, has this been the case with everyone's local TRU stores?

meyerc13
Knight
Knight

Post by meyerc13 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 am

octick wrote:All dragons are rare. I find the Lightning to be the most rare. Only seen it once at a TRU. With BOGO 50%, I might see if still available.
I have to second this. I wanted to pick up the Lightning Dragon for my son, but the set was only available for about 4 months, from August-December. Had I known it was going to disappear so fast, I would have picked it up when I saw it last in November. That has to be one of the shortest lived LEGO sets ever.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:16 am

So sick of TRU
* Markups that are completely BS
* They say "ALL" but it doesn't mean all
* Items actually worth something are 99% out of stock for shipping

Here's the kicker, wanted to get 2 shuttle expeditions, the details page for that states limit 2, I try to add 2 and the cart says limit 1. Working with CS to try and do this manually, but not expecting much.

On the verge of completely boycotting tru in all forms because of this.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:51 am

tensor wrote:...

You wouldn't be the first, nor that last. ;-)
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

nkx1
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by nkx1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:53 pm

tensor wrote:So sick of TRU

Here's the kicker, wanted to get 2 shuttle expeditions, the details page for that states limit 2, I try to add 2 and the cart says limit 1. Working with CS to try and do this manually, but not expecting much.

Well, if you're up for reselling at a later date at a likely profit, you could do what I did: Buy one shuttle and one Medieval Market Village, twice (two separate orders). You'll have your two shuttles and you can make a buck or two reselling the MMV when it finally goes out of production.

I completely agree that TRU has some ridiculous practices, but (like many things) you can usually come out ahead if you can find a way to make the game work for you.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:47 pm

nkx1 wrote:

Well, if you're up for reselling at a later date at a likely profit, you could do what I did: Buy one shuttle and one Medieval Market Village, twice (two separate orders). You'll have your two shuttles and you can make a buck or two reselling the MMV when it finally goes out of production.

I completely agree that TRU has some ridiculous practices, but (like many things) you can usually come out ahead if you can find a way to make the game work for you.
Or buy from fao.com, which has the same promotions as TRU, but not quite the broken web site.

EDIT: Looks like Shuttle is restricted there as well. I have found other sets which don't have the restriction at fao.com like they do at toysrus.com.

EDIT2: Well, it's out of stock now, so perhaps there truly was only one left. :)
Last edited by sidersdd on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lforcey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Lforcey » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Well, thanks to all for your input, looks like I'm off to Bricklink!

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:35 pm

When there is a limit, always try etoys.com or fao.com. Same company really but shares the same stock.

thecleator
I'm New !

Post by thecleator » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:48 pm

Im not a huge fan of TRU myself but when the Bogo started they actually did have big sets in stock they just sold out in like one hour

FireWolf
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by FireWolf » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:03 pm

All the minifigures (cept Series 5) are overpriced and who would even pay $5 for a stephanie doll minifigure? I'd rather get the mailbox one at Target that has more pieces and also stephanie.

Even more lame are their glued bricktober minifigure from last year for $5.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=12101941" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;