Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Post Reply
BogaGrip
I'm New !
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:14 am

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by BogaGrip » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:58 am

Glad I waited, just snagged the Castle off Amazon for $69.99 - $25 dollar gift card, no tax and free shipping = 44.99 :D smiles

lady_bricker
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:49 am

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by lady_bricker » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 am

Awesome, glad you got your castle. I bought one too, at Target though ... same price - 10% with coupon code, free shipping, and used up my bullseye gift cards I'd bought for the free legos .. what a deal! :D

User avatar
BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:26 pm
Contact:

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:57 pm

I went to the LEGO store today and got gifts for my brother (and he got some for me), as well as family getting gifts. It was good. And I will be getting the Emerald Knight soon.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

User avatar
BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:11 pm
Contact:

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by BrickUpdate » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Just a small purchase today - Freeing Dobby. I used my last Border 40% coupon, got it for $7.50 after tax. I considered the Kingdom's Castle from Amazon for $69.99, but I don't LOVE the set, don't NEED the set, and spent WAY too much money on LEGO so far this month!

User avatar
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator
Posts: 3402
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 am
Location: Beacon, NY

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by vynsane » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:47 pm

BobaFett2 wrote:And I will be getting the Emerald Knight soon.
Highly recommended. ;)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Everybody
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Steal of a Deal (the thread for braggin')

Post by Everybody » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:03 pm

BogaGrip wrote:Completed the Kingdoms collection this am with the Castle (7946) for $69.99 at amazon.com, minus a 25 dollar gift card mY total was 44.99 with free shipping and not tax. Also looked at target.com which has this set on sale for $69.99 - 10% code UZXPI33P = $62.99, but the amazon gift card sealed the deal! :D
I got the castle from target. :D

vancouvertim
I'm New !
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Re: Steal of a Deal (the thread for braggin')

Post by vancouvertim » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:40 pm

Cad Bane's Speeder from Zellers, incorrectly being sold currently @ $40, used a rain-check from a few weeks ago when it was on sale @ $35, and paid with HBC Gift Cards that I purchased through work @50% of face value. So... really paid $17.50. Saved $52.50 : :D

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by NIGELTTF » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:50 am

Yesterday picked up 32 Series 3 Minifigs, 2 Venice Canal Chase Sets, 6 X Large Grey Baseplates, and 8 Large Green Baseplates.

User avatar
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by Mantisking » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:33 am

NIGELTTF wrote:Yesterday picked up 32 Series 3 Minifigs, 2 Venice Canal Chase Sets, 6 X Large Grey Baseplates, and 8 Large Green Baseplates.
Where? Seeing as you don't have a location posted.

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:03 am

From NIGELTTF's other posts, VA/MD seems quite likely.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 503
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 pm
Location: Baltimore, MD

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by NIGELTTF » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:04 am

Mantisking wrote:
NIGELTTF wrote:Yesterday picked up 32 Series 3 Minifigs, 2 Venice Canal Chase Sets, 6 X Large Grey Baseplates, and 8 Large Green Baseplates.
Where? Seeing as you don't have a location posted.
The TRU in the Golden Ring Maryland area. BTW, How do you add a location to your profile?

User avatar
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by Mantisking » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:18 am

NIGELTTF wrote:BTW, How do you add a location to your profile?
Go to your User Control Panel, then click on the profile tab and enter the information in the appropriate space.

locutis
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:10 am
Location: Winnipeg, Canada

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by locutis » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:30 am

Republic Attack Shuttle, 2x 650 piece assorted sets (needed some brown, red, black in an emergency!), 2x Winter Toy Shops, 2x Winter Bakery's, the Front-End Loader, Krusty Krab Adventures, train switch tracks. I also ordered $150 worth of Pick-A-Brick.

I'm working on a Winter Village train station, in case you're wondering.
All your Lego will be assimilated with mine. Resistance is futile.

User avatar
BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:26 pm
Contact:

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:33 am

Yesterday I went to my LEGO Store's Grand Re-Opening and bought the Emerald Knight. I got a free exclusive Robot set. My brother got the 7977 and the 7325 (but I gave him 20 dollars). He also got a robot, although I don't think he was supposed to receive one. For some reason, the Pick-a-Brick box deal was still on, so I got a free box to bring back and refill later in the month (that makes two) and 140 VIP points.
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

evilempire22
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by evilempire22 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:35 am

BobaFett2 wrote:Yesterday I went to my LEGO Store's Grand Re-Opening and bought the Emerald Knight. I got a free exclusive Robot set. My brother got the 7977 and the 7325 (but I gave him 20 dollars). He also got a robot, although I don't think he was supposed to receive one. For some reason, the Pick-a-Brick box deal was still on, so I got a free box to bring back and refill later in the month (that makes two) and 140 VIP points.
The free small PaB box for spending $75 is going on until Christmas I think.

My wife and I also attended the re-opening. We picked up 2 Fiery Legend 6751, one for ourselves and one for a friend, since it is now listed as Sold Out on the LEGO site. We got 2 promo robots for spending enough to meet the $35 minimum twice, and also got a PaB box out of it for spending at least $75.

My wife then picked up a Christmas gift for me (Shuttle Adventure 10213) using our stockpiled LEGO points, and got another robot and another PaB box.

The invitation to the event indicated only 300 promo robot sets, but we were pretty far back in line (though close enough to each get wristbands), and they were still handing those things out like candy.

--Evil

User avatar
BobaFett2
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian
Posts: 569
Joined: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:26 pm
Contact:

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by BobaFett2 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:47 am

evilempire22 wrote:
BobaFett2 wrote:Yesterday I went to my LEGO Store's Grand Re-Opening and bought the Emerald Knight. I got a free exclusive Robot set. My brother got the 7977 and the 7325 (but I gave him 20 dollars). He also got a robot, although I don't think he was supposed to receive one. For some reason, the Pick-a-Brick box deal was still on, so I got a free box to bring back and refill later in the month (that makes two) and 140 VIP points.
The free small PaB box for spending $75 is going on until Christmas I think.

My wife and I also attended the re-opening. We picked up 2 Fiery Legend 6751, one for ourselves and one for a friend, since it is now listed as Sold Out on the LEGO site. We got 2 promo robots for spending enough to meet the $35 minimum twice, and also got a PaB box out of it for spending at least $75.

My wife then picked up a Christmas gift for me (Shuttle Adventure 10213) using our stockpiled LEGO points, and got another robot and another PaB box.

The invitation to the event indicated only 300 promo robot sets, but we were pretty far back in line (though close enough to each get wristbands), and they were still handing those things out like candy.

--Evil
I remember a guy showing his wife some stuff on LUGNET on his phone about old LEGO sets, comments on them, etc, and I asked him the time a few times. Maybe that was you...they told me I wasn't supposed to fill up the PaB box yet. Which I didn't know since the LAST one I HAD filled up when I got it. So that's like getting a free one (on accident, or course).
MOCpages Account
FlickR Photostream
I post a lot of reviews in the reviews forum! Check them out!

GuaranteedUnity
Knight
Knight
Posts: 265
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:26 pm
Location: Maine, USA

Re: Steal of a Deal (the thread for braggin')

Post by GuaranteedUnity » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Rebel Trooper Battle Pack for $3.70 (69% off MSRP!) before tax

Got "$5 in FREE Bonus Bucks" from Borders out of the blue, and couldn't help myself ...

($12.99 - 33% off coupon - free $5 Borders Bucks)

User avatar
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor
Posts: 2217
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:28 pm
Location: Natick, MA, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by Mantisking » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:53 am

I went a little nuts yesterday with the TRU BOGO50% sale and Target's sale on Slave 1. I ended up getting 7976, 7305, 8193 (x2), 5765, and 5984 at TRU for a total of $80.16 after taxes, which was enough to net me the minifig USB drive. Then I went over to Target and got 8097 for $61.61 after taxes.

Everybody
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by Everybody » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:38 pm

Got the wampa cave yesterday. All I can say Freakin Awesome

evilempire22
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:09 pm
Location: Twin Cities, MN

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by evilempire22 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:48 pm

My wife stopped in at TRU and bought the remains of a box of Series 3 minifigs (45). We sorted through them and ended up getting 2 complete sets + some extras out of the box.

--Evil

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 43 guests