Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: What lego did I buy today thread

Post by sweener » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:36 pm

funnypeople wrote:
solo606 wrote:From Brickworld and damaged box sale at Lego store purchases from Friday till today..

10179 Millennium Falcon $249.99
10211 Grand Emporium $74.95
10193 Medieval Market Village $49.99
8077 Atlantis Exploration HQ $24.99
7597 Toys Tory 3 train $63.99
7599 Garbage Truck Getaway $31.99
8102 Exo Force Free in BW Bag
T-shirt from Birckshirts .com Free Raffle Prize
Brickworld space ship kit
Brick Arms Zombiw Defense Pack 2010
Great deals you got, in particular the emporium and the market village.
I've yet to make it to Brickworld, could you go into a little more detail on how these were obtained? Were these all available at Brickworld to everyone that attended?

xeno
Peasant
Peasant

Post by xeno » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:59 am

Went to my local toy store today.
I bought the Snowtrooper battle pack (really excited with that one) and the very last 3 minifigure packs in the shelves (cheerleader, wrestler and robot, but no nurse again...)

solo606
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by solo606 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:05 am

sweener wrote:
funnypeople wrote:
solo606 wrote:From Brickworld and damaged box sale at Lego store purchases from Friday till today..

10179 Millennium Falcon $249.99
10211 Grand Emporium $74.95
10193 Medieval Market Village $49.99
8077 Atlantis Exploration HQ $24.99
7597 Toys Tory 3 train $63.99
7599 Garbage Truck Getaway $31.99
8102 Exo Force Free in BW Bag
T-shirt from Birckshirts .com Free Raffle Prize
Brickworld space ship kit
Brick Arms Zombie Defense Pack 2010
Great deals you got, in particular the emporium and the market village.
I've yet to make it to Brickworld, could you go into a little more detail on how these were obtained? Were these all available at Brickworld to everyone that attended?
There are 2 Lego stores in the North Suburbs of Chicago and every year at Brickworld they coordinate with the Lego Stores to have a Damaged Box sale where sets are 50% off due to damaged box (crushed corners tend to be the majority of the damage). When you register to attend Brickworld you get access to go to the Damaged Box sale which is on Friday night of Brickworld around 9:30pm after the malls close. This year they did two simultaneous Damaged box sales, 1 at each location and we were randomly assigned to one of the Lego stores for the sale. I picked up 10179 Millennium Falcon, 10211 Grand Emporium, 10193 Medieval Market Village and Atlantis Exploration HQ from the Damaged box sale at 50% off (thanks to a friendly patron who changed their mind about purchasing items form the sale and basically bought for me).
The Toy Story Stuff I picked up Sunday from TRU and Target , 20-25% off sales on the Toy Story sets.
The weekend of Brickworld all registered attendees also receive 20% off at the local Lego stores.

sweener
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sweener » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:45 am

solo606 wrote: There are 2 Lego stores in the North Suburbs of Chicago and every year at Brickworld they coordinate with the Lego Stores to have a Damaged Box sale where sets are 50% off due to damaged box (crushed corners tend to be the majority of the damage). When you register to attend Brickworld you get access to go to the Damaged Box sale which is on Friday night of Brickworld around 9:30pm after the malls close. This year they did two simultaneous Damaged box sales, 1 at each location and we were randomly assigned to one of the Lego stores for the sale. I picked up 10179 Millennium Falcon, 10211 Grand Emporium, 10193 Medieval Market Village and Atlantis Exploration HQ from the Damaged box sale at 50% off (thanks to a friendly patron who changed their mind about purchasing items form the sale and basically bought for me).
The Toy Story Stuff I picked up Sunday from TRU and Target , 20-25% off sales on the Toy Story sets.
The weekend of Brickworld all registered attendees also receive 20% off at the local Lego stores.
solo606 thank you for the insight. I must make plans to attend next year. :D

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:55 pm

I got the Space Police Galactic Enforcer (5974) at my local Walmart today for 30$

kind of too bad I don't like the space police sets , but the deal was too good to pass up.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:17 pm

toystest wrote:I got the Space Police Galactic Enforcer (5974) at my local Walmart today for 30$
:!:

Where was that? And do they have any more? And can you pick one up for me and I'll pay + shipping/handling?
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:14 pm

vynsane wrote:
toystest wrote:I got the Space Police Galactic Enforcer (5974) at my local Walmart today for 30$
:!:

Where was that? And do they have any more? And can you pick one up for me and I'll pay + shipping/handling?
It was the last one they had, at that price I would have picked up however many they had. sorry. The Walmart here seems to overstock quite regularly. I picked up some 50+% off sets last year after X-mas too.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:05 pm

Dang. I'll have to check my local WM... although with the bricklink orders I'm placing tonight in order to build a MOC, I think I'd have a hard time explaining it to the missus.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:20 pm

vynsane wrote:Dang. I'll have to check my local WM... although with the bricklink orders I'm placing tonight in order to build a MOC, I think I'd have a hard time explaining it to the missus.
Make sure you check the Clearance Isle.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:14 am

Used TRU BOGO 50% off and got CITY Truck (3221) and PIg farm/tractor (7684)
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:35 am

My boys just bought the Battle of Endor (8038) with thier birthday money. They love that they get 12 minifigures with it. Great set.

solo606
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by solo606 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:21 pm

kind of too bad I don't like the space police sets , but the deal was too good to pass up.
I'm keeping an eye on these at my local wal-mart. They have been in the clearance aisle for about 3 weeks at $70. I am just waiting for them to drop, they still had 6 when I was there yesterday.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:31 am

solo606 wrote:
I'm keeping an eye on these at my local wal-mart. They have been in the clearance aisle for about 3 weeks at $70. I am just waiting for them to drop, they still had 6 when I was there yesterday.
Yeah I've been checking the Clearance isle like twice a week. They have slowly been marking down this set to, it's down to 25$:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:43 am

Dang, man... my Walmarts don't have them on clearance, and there's no 'clearance aisle' either. The only things I saw when I went the other day were Hoth Rebel Base, Tri-droid Fighter and Corporate Alliance Tank Droid all for $20 each.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 am

vynsane wrote:Dang, man... my Walmarts don't have them on clearance, and there's no 'clearance aisle' either. The only things I saw when I went the other day were Hoth Rebel Base, Tri-droid Fighter and Corporate Alliance Tank Droid all for $20 each.
All 6 local Walmarts (in 20 miles) have Clearance aisles most of the time they are located in, or just outside of lawn and Garden. Are you sure yours doesn't have a Clearance aisle?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:11 pm

toystest wrote:All 6 local Walmarts (in 20 miles) have Clearance aisles most of the time they are located in, or just outside of lawn and Garden. Are you sure yours doesn't have a Clearance aisle?
I'll check the next time I'm there, but it wasn't where I remembered it being this most recent time. It was near the 'Seasonal' area last time I explicitly checked for the clearance section, and it wasn't there this time, just pet stuff.

Meanwhile, I got another PaB cup at the new Rockefeller Center LEGO Store today - for $5, since I had a $10 VIP credit thanks to the double points promo two weeks ago and reused the cup for another $0.50 off! WOOT!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:57 pm

Clone Trooper Battlepack and the Ramse's Pyramid board game. Got the board game from a friend for my birthday. Will post a review for it sometime this weekend probably.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

xeno
Peasant
Peasant

Post by xeno » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:37 am

legitimatealex wrote:Got the board game from a friend for my birthday.
That's what I call true friends! Enjoy!
Clone trooper battlepack? Something I miss here... oh no... :(

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:11 am

Went looking for clearance items at TRU (that I didn't find...) but ended up getting my daughter the CITY 3177 'Small Car' (SMART Car). It's cute. We put it together this morning before I signed in for work.

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:51 am

Just picked up the Space Police VPR at Target for $9.99.