Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Post by NiceMarmot » Thu May 12, 2011 12:25 am

Target.com 30-50% off sale: picked up 3 5982 Space Police Smash n Grabs, 1 Atlantis Neptune Carrier, 1 Hero Factory Thunder, and 1 Hero Factory Meltdown, all at 50% off. Used my AAA 10% discount too. Will probably keep a Smash n Grab and the Neptune Carrier, and use the rest for birthday presents for my son's classmates.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat May 14, 2011 4:02 pm

Hit up some yard sales today in the next town over (they were doing a city-wide yard sale day today) and got an 8019 Republic Attack Shuttle for $5!!!! The box is beat up a bit, but it's still sealed!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun May 15, 2011 11:35 am

vynsane wrote:Hit up some yard sales today in the next town over (they were doing a city-wide yard sale day today) and got an 8019 Republic Attack Shuttle for $5!!!! The box is beat up a bit, but it's still sealed!
Jealous!

On Friday I picked up a Grab Bag (712 pcs.), Small PaB Cup (93 pcs.) and 7049 Alien Striker (42 pcs.) for $0.77 after taxes and $20 VIP discount.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun May 15, 2011 11:55 am

Mantisking wrote:Jealous!
Heh, I was flabbergasted when they answered the question "How much for this?". I expected $30 or more... at which point I might have tried to talk them down. When they all said, in unison (there was a family of four sitting behind the table) "five bucks" I was like, "okay!"

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun May 15, 2011 10:03 pm

vynsane wrote:Heh, I was flabbergasted when they answered the question "How much for this?". I expected $30 or more... at which point I might have tried to talk them down. When they all said, in unison (there was a family of four sitting behind the table) "five bucks" I was like, "okay!"
After which you slapped a five dollar bill on the table and ran with your prize back to the car, right? :)

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon May 16, 2011 5:55 am

well, they had to make change for us, but, yes - we walked away at a brisk pace as I informed my wife that it was originally a $60 set ;)

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Tue May 17, 2011 9:13 pm

Did she see you stroke the box and utter "Precious" under your breath too?
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

peanut
Knight
Knight

Post by peanut » Thu May 19, 2011 4:04 pm

hahahahahaha! I never get lucky at yard sales. I might have to rummage-o-ramma this year.

Tiberius2011
I'm New !

Post by Tiberius2011 » Thu May 19, 2011 8:18 pm

Toronadian wrote:I've been pretty good at not buying just any random sets just because they're on sale this year (last year I was pretty brutal with that) but today I found at Walmart 8061 Gateway of the Squid on clearance for $20. Regular retail in Canada this set is $55 while the the US MSRP is still $40. I don't even collect the Atlantis themed sets but my impulse of seeing it for just $20 took over.
Was this at Markville?

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Thu May 19, 2011 9:49 pm

Tiberius2011 wrote:
Toronadian wrote:I've been pretty good at not buying just any random sets just because they're on sale this year (last year I was pretty brutal with that) but today I found at Walmart 8061 Gateway of the Squid on clearance for $20. Regular retail in Canada this set is $55 while the the US MSRP is still $40. I don't even collect the Atlantis themed sets but my impulse of seeing it for just $20 took over.
Was this at Markville?
Err...oddly enough, yes. How'd you guess?

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Fri May 20, 2011 4:19 am

peanut wrote:hahahahahaha! I never get lucky at yard sales. I might have to rummage-o-ramma this year.
Not sure if the effort spent is worth the return. if it's a case of being at the right place and at the right time, then it's okay. Wasting the time and effort to hunt down a bargain, not for me. My fav mode is online with free shipping.

evilempire22
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by evilempire22 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Found 3 Kingdom's Target Practice(#30062) polybags at a local Target while perusing the checkout lines on my way out. On sale too for $3.49 (normally $3.99).

--Evil

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Mon May 23, 2011 1:13 pm

Bought four 3843 Ramses Pyramid games on sale at Walmart for $10 each. Got them for castle/adventure MOC parts - lots of tan and dark tan bricks, black thin tiles, and one tan baseplate each! Those baseplates alone are going for $8-10 each on BrickLink. Pirate Code game was also on sale for $10, but I've already got two of those (that's the set to buy if you want gems -- 72 of them).

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon May 23, 2011 1:51 pm

NiceMarmot wrote:Bought four 3843 Ramses Pyramid games on sale at Walmart for $10 each. Got them for castle/adventure MOC parts - lots of tan and dark tan bricks, black thin tiles, and one tan baseplate each! Those baseplates alone are going for $8-10 each on BrickLink. Pirate Code game was also on sale for $10, but I've already got two of those (that's the set to buy if you want gems -- 72 of them).
Hmmnn. Looks like I'll have to check Walmart tomorrow. What section were they in?

NiceMarmot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by NiceMarmot » Mon May 23, 2011 3:08 pm

Mantisking wrote:
NiceMarmot wrote:Bought four 3843 Ramses Pyramid games on sale at Walmart for $10 each. Got them for castle/adventure MOC parts - lots of tan and dark tan bricks, black thin tiles, and one tan baseplate each! Those baseplates alone are going for $8-10 each on BrickLink. Pirate Code game was also on sale for $10, but I've already got two of those (that's the set to buy if you want gems -- 72 of them).
Hmmnn. Looks like I'll have to check Walmart tomorrow. What section were they in?
Board games. Near stuff like Connect4, Monopoly, and other games. They had a bunch of newer LEGO games at full price too. Not far from puzzles. In our WM (Mtn View, CA), those are all on the side wall that runs the length of the toy section.

Follows Closely
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Follows Closely » Tue May 31, 2011 7:01 am

evilempire22 wrote:Found 3 Kingdom's Target Practice(#30062) polybags at a local Target while perusing the checkout lines on my way out. On sale too for $3.49 (normally $3.99).

--Evil
I picked up 60 of them for $3.49 on my last visit to target :D

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:16 pm

I just got two Container Trucks (8052) for a total of $12.84 from a seller on Amazon. That's 91% off MSRP. :shock:

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Wow that is amazing! Nice snag.

I got a 10184 Town Plan with only the 2 Octane Flags missing for $190 on Ebay... not bad.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Brickbuilder0937 wrote:I just got two Container Trucks (8052) for a total of $12.84 from a seller on Amazon. That's 91% off MSRP. :shock:
Those 2 sets have a combined cost of $140 and you got it for $12.84? :shock:

But glad you got a great deal! :)

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:15 pm

Travelled from Toronto to Detroit for a wedding and decided to stop by a Target after. Found a london tower set at target for $168!! Retails for $240US or $300cdn. Someone bought it online and returned it to a store still sealed and the stored marked it down with 30% off. Exclusives in a store outside of a lego store and on sale are such a rare find...definitely one of my top finds!