Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:53 am

brickmont13 wrote:Did they have red stickers on them or any signs up about the discounted price?
They had the red stickers, the Log cabins did not.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:02 am

I think my buys have been very good.

Today picked up the Architecture Studio for 111 shipped with my new kids club coupon.

I also used the YOYO.com 20% coupon and bagged these for a total of 158
LEGO The Hobbit The Goblin King Battle 790101
LEGO Creator Small Cottage 310091
LEGO Creator Treehouse 310101
LEGO Creator Family House 31012

My daughter will be happy and I get the final needed Hobbit set for my collection.

I also found the Seaside House for 35 on clearance at my walmart.

Mrcoolnup
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrcoolnup » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:16 am

I think this was a deal...I got 4000007-1: Ole Kirk's House on eBay for $200...as it often sells for around $400 or more.

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:55 pm

I saw a Lego set sitting in a returns cart about to go onto the clearance shelf at Target. I asked if it was for sale and they said yes. LOTR Mines of Moria for $19.94 - %75% off. It was a total case of "right time, right place."

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:19 pm

Whoa! Mines of Moria for $19? I love that set. Great pieces and good minifigures. The Cave Troll alone sells for $10-$20.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:26 pm

79002 Attack of the Wargs at Meijer's for $37 plus 25% off that. I paid about $27. It was the last one that they had in stock. While the tree is the greatest build in the world it is much more interesting than I thought. I know not the greatest deal but I think I can sell the figures and keep all actual building pieces at zero cost if I don't make a tiny profit. I can always use more brown bricks and plates. I actually wonder if it might be a good set to invest in at some point (although I've already opened this one and listed the figures). It has Wargs which I think are exclusive so far + Thorin + Hunter Orcs. I like their legs look a little silly but the Hunter Orcs are slightly different than the Mordor Orcs. I think they might also be exclusive to this set. I love Bifur's beard.

I'll be posting photo's soon of the tree build when I can find the time

http://cavortblock.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:04 pm

I got some great deals at area Targets, new sets, all discounted 75%. Can't post the actual locations though as mods seem to delete just about everything.

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:37 pm

stevebuscemi wrote:Can't post the actual locations though as mods seem to delete just about everything.
Huh...? Since when? If anything, both T&B staff and forums members appreciate more info as a courtesy to help others who may be in the same area. I've certainly never seen any behavior or actions to the contrary, apart from a few paranoid members here and there.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:51 pm

stevebuscemi wrote:I got some great deals at area Targets, new sets, all discounted 75%. Can't post the actual locations though as mods seem to delete just about everything.
That's a pretty good deal but Target doesn't discount 75% anymore. It's now 70%. How you getting the extra 5%? Redcard maybe?
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

bobl
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bobl » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi, Anakin,
I did get a few sets at 75% off in the most recent clearance round. I was able to get the Galaxy Squad Bug Obliterator and a couple Friends sets for 75% off. However the rest of the sets I picked up were either 70% or 50% off.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:26 pm

Morgan19 wrote:
stevebuscemi wrote:Can't post the actual locations though as mods seem to delete just about everything.
Huh...? Since when? If anything, both T&B staff and forums members appreciate more info as a courtesy to help others who may be in the same area. I've certainly never seen any behavior or actions to the contrary, apart from a few paranoid members here and there.
I have noticed thing missing on the site after I thought I posted, I just figured it was my internet, and the fact I called someone a name. :lol:

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:59 pm

bobl wrote:I did get a few sets at 75% off in the most recent clearance round. I was able to get the Galaxy Squad Bug Obliterator and a couple Friends sets for 75% off.
Nice find!

I've never found any clearance legos at target, it's like they know I'm coming or something.

carlvjack
I'm New !

Post by carlvjack » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:48 am

Target had some Pirate Ship Ambush on clearance for 69 dollars, I wanted the set when it came out but held off but picked it up today.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:06 pm

carlvjack wrote:Target had some Pirate Ship Ambush on clearance for 69 dollars, I wanted the set when it came out but held off but picked it up today.
I just found the same deal! I was so excited about the discount that I almost left the store without getting the trash bags I originally went in for!

They also had a couple 79007 Battle at the Black Gate for $40ish (Seal Beach target).

jgschmieg3
I'm New !

Post by jgschmieg3 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:53 pm

Found 4 lego 41999 at a Lego store today. Going back tomorrow for more.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:19 pm

jgschmieg3 wrote:Found 4 lego 41999 at a Lego store today. Going back tomorrow for more.
Oh so you are that type of person.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Got 2 9498 at Target for 7.98 each!
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

LewaLAZ
I'm New !

Post by LewaLAZ » Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:36 pm

Most recently I got from Walmart:
-Hulks Helicarrier set for 35 dollars (would've waited for a drop but it's the last one and I want that hulk megafig)
-Geonosian Cannon for 11 dollars (kind of an impulse buy but I liked the geonosians)
-The Unexpected Gathering for 24 dollars (one of the best sets I've gotten. I love it. It's so good looking too)

bodine1231
I'm New !

Post by bodine1231 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:40 pm

While on my route today i decided to hit a couple Wal-Marts in some out of the way places (bad part of town). Both of these Wal-Marts had by far the largest selection of discounted sets I've ever seen. Literally two full isles of Lego discounted from almost every line,mostly SW,LOTR and Super Heros,not much Monster Fighters unfortunately. Was really hoping for the train. Almost every set from the last year was discounted,they even had a 7327 for $60 but the box was beat up. Needless to say I went a little crazy with the credit card and I'm thinking about going back.

This is what I walked out with

Helms Deep - 89
Millenium Falcon - 99
Vamp Castle - 65
Quinjet - 40
Desert Skiff - 15
Captain America Bike - 9

And what I'm considering going back for...

x-wing - $40
Mines of Moria - 50
Goblin Battle - 69
Malevolence - 60
Fury class interceptor - 40
TONS of Lego Super heroes,almost every marvel set. Nothing looks too tempting aside from the Hulk set.

I wanted to grab a few Mines of Moria for trading/investing but there is so much I want to build right now that investing will have to wait till I'm caught up. I also need to save for some larger modular sets but it's hard to pass up discounted Lego!!

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:40 pm

Well , god I hope its legit and I don't get F'D over with a box of rocks. Her feedback good and she sells regularly.
What do you guys think? I had wanted this for my son and it hopefully works out ok.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251337770177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;