Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: Steal of a Deal / Recent LEGO Purchases

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:26 am

Received a promo 2012 Holiday set with no purchase.

I had to cancel one of my Lego.com orders, as I had two orders backordered for the Haunted House, at different prices during the VIP sale (one I used a promo coupon and one without). Two days later after I cancelled my order at Lego.com, I noticed they still shipped the promo 2012 Holiday set to me. I called to ask why it was still sent (as I cancelled my order several days prior and I didn't want to be charged $15 retail for this set) and said that the system automactically sent it to me, even though my whole order was cancelled, and they will not charge me for it. So today I received two promo 2012 Holiday sets for one HH purchased. :)

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:08 pm

I got a bunch of Mega Blok Marvel Series 1 minifigs for a $1 each at KMart yesterday. Is that a good deal, does anyone collect these?

forthekill
I'm New !

Post by forthekill » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:27 pm

I recently took advantage of the yoyo.com 40% off sale to grab an X-Wing for $35.99 (5.5 cents per piece), $24 off their price of $59.99.

I also managed to grab the Walmart deal online on Black Friday for two 5749 650pc sets for $30 (2.3 cents per), and threw in 4433 Dirt Bike Transporter for $19.97 (9.9 cents per) to get free shipping.

Between all of those sets it ended up being just shy of 4 cents per piece. I am really happy to get a good price on the bulk bricks since they will make a good base for my almost 6 year old son to really start his Lego collection beyond the handful of small Star Wars sets he has.

The best part is he will freak out when he sees the X-Wing on Christmas, not to mention getting the Dirt Bike set on his birthday 6 days beforehand! Oh, and I will manage to have some fun helping him build them too :)

I feel pretty good with my first foray into Lego deal hunting. I am now addicted!

DmChylde
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by DmChylde » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Picked up today from TRU

(x2) 7938 city passenger trains made them price match walmart @ $124.97 so I only paid $188 for both.
(x1) 4209 Fire plane $56.99 Target match
(X1) 4438 Robbers Hideout $19.99 Lego store match + Bogo

The MOD had to come do the price override and tried to give me the either you can have the price match or the BOGO not both speech. To which I replied then in your price match policy online you need to state that excudes b1g1/b2g3f otherwise I would not have bothered driving 10 miles across town for this sale, he agreed and rang it thru.

$264.45 total

forthekill
I'm New !

Post by forthekill » Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:31 am

I was x-mas shopping with the wife yesterday and found two 2011 SW Advent Calendars in Pottery Barn Kids of all places. The were marked $39.99 each, but my wife had a chat with the sales clerk and talked her into selling them to us for $9 each, since they were from "last year".

The tape on either ends of the boxes were loose, but I checked them and they had all the bags for each day.

I'm going to keep one for my son (he's doing the 2012 one now), probably for next year, or maybe just to open one month in the summer for fun, and sell the other.

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:42 pm

So, with the recent KMart BOGO, I ended up with 2x Republic Starfighter, 4x Uruk Hai, Tipper, and Shelob for a total of about 150, and got $28 in Rewards points. It basically ends up at about %50 off. Sort of makes up for Kmart's stinginess with the half-off clearances in the latter part of 2012.

Endbomb
I'm New !

Post by Endbomb » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Bought an x-wing set from sellers in Edmonton for 13 bucks because a sticker mistake

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:03 am

Found a stray Anakin's & Sebulba's Podracer set at Walmart for $38.50 in the clearance section. Box was a lil beat up, seals looked good & all the bags were in it. Built Anakin's so far.. Pretty sweet.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:14 pm

I did really well today at Walmart. I picked up 6 of the Lego watches for 7.50 each.
The minis I found were Commander Cody, Darth Vader, Luke, Maul, Boba Fett and yoda.
Awesome deal to get Mini's I don't have.

whiteshadow
I'm New !

Post by whiteshadow » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:28 pm

Lego store at Alderwood mall in Lynnwood WA had the winter village post office marked down 20% off. I managed to pick up the 2nd last one for $55.

nerdns
I'm New !

Post by nerdns » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:30 pm

The clearance section is not in the toy aisle right?

It's somewhere else where other clearance items are at, correct? Thanks.

Galahad2309
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Galahad2309 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:56 am

Lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and found a Red Passenger train at Target. A woman with a scanning gun marked it down to $38 when it wouldn't register with the price checker. My best deal ever!

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:32 am

Galahad2309 wrote:Lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and found a Red Passenger train at Target. A woman with a scanning gun marked it down to $38 when it wouldn't register with the price checker. My best deal ever!
The Red Passenger Train? That's a Toys"R"Us exclusive! You're super lucky! :eek:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:39 am

just2good wrote:
Galahad2309 wrote:Lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time and found a Red Passenger train at Target. A woman with a scanning gun marked it down to $38 when it wouldn't register with the price checker. My best deal ever!
The Red Passenger Train? That's a Toys"R"Us exclusive! You're super lucky! :eek:
You're thinking about the Red Cargo Train. ;-)

Joshroadifer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Joshroadifer » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:25 pm

This is defiantly YMMV, but I scored two 79010 The Goblin King Battle for $39.99 each at Books a Million! It is about an hour away and the only one in South Dakota. After my membership discount of 10% and a $5 digital coupon and taxes I was out the door with two new Hobbit sets for $71.01! Good luck to anyone who my have a BAM near by.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 pm

I ordered back in nov 2012 two minecraft lego sets from toysrus and they became backordered and eventually tru had to send me a cancellation email. Because they had to cancel the order, they offered me a 25% off coupon code to use online to get any lego set under $100 25% off ...unlimited amount (ie I could buy 1 or 10 or 20 different sets)!

I emailed them to say the code did not work when I tried it and called customer service and they could not help, so for the trouble they sent me a 30% off coupon code for any lego unlimited value!!

I used it to buy a death star, imperial shuttle UCS, red cargo train... basically sets I thought were getting retired soon. I could have bought the entire line of hard to find lego or the entire lego stock but i stopped myself way early from going crazy and spending too much money - basically there was no limit except the stock and the fact that I had no room in my basement to store that much more. I was only interested in the hard to find/exclusives and those that did not have crazy tru markup since finding 30% is not that hard on the regular lego. I already had most of the hard to find/exclusives up to 2012 anyways so these were just doubles/triples. Cannot believe I passed up getting double of SSD, modular buildings....

UPDATE: just got an email that toysrus is also shipping my two minecrafts!

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:43 pm

Joshroadifer wrote:This is defiantly YMMV, but I scored two 79010 The Goblin King Battle for $39.99 each at Books a Million! It is about an hour away and the only one in South Dakota. After my membership discount of 10% and a $5 digital coupon and taxes I was out the door with two new Hobbit sets for $71.01! Good luck to anyone who my have a BAM near by.
Did they have the sticker on 'em?

Joshroadifer
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Joshroadifer » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:58 pm

Both of them had a $39.99 price tag on them by the UPC and rang up as such too. No extra % stickers on them, nice clean boxes.

Mrcoolnup
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrcoolnup » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:01 am

I just or over 8 lbs of older Legos at the thrift store for $8, after using a $5 off $10 coupon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pabelanger
I'm New !

Post by pabelanger » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:55 pm

Scored a used 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer for $125, no box, today.