B&N 10% off new LEGO releases and coupon eligble

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Re: B&N 10% off new LEGO releases and coupon eligble

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:38 am

I got excited when I saw this, but the 20% off code isn't working for me, nor is my 30% Kid's Club Welcome code (even though the item is listed as Kid's Club eligible). It tells me that the order doesn't qualify for the former, and that the latter is invalid. Any ideas? I'd love to pick up this set at 47% off Canadian MSRP.

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by chenwaa123 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:42 am

Anyone know if B&N ever stocks the Modular Buildings? It would be great if the new Town Hall showed up with a 10% discount like the other new releases.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:52 am

chenwaa123 wrote:Anyone know if B&N ever stocks the Modular Buildings? It would be great if the new Town Hall showed up with a 10% discount like the other new releases.
I've never seen them there. They don't tend to stock sets that cost more than $100 USD. Queen Anne's Revenge and Robie House are a couple of rare exceptions.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:30 am

QuagsireQing wrote:I got excited when I saw this, but the 20% off code isn't working for me, nor is my 30% Kid's Club Welcome code (even though the item is listed as Kid's Club eligible). It tells me that the order doesn't qualify for the former, and that the latter is invalid. Any ideas? I'd love to pick up this set at 47% off Canadian MSRP.
Which item are you trying? The 20% is for members, are you a member? I got it to apply, but didn't check out on a Friends set.

brickhoarder
Peasant
Peasant

Post by brickhoarder » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:36 am

QuagsireQing wrote: ...the 20% off code isn't working for me, nor is my 30% Kid's Club Welcome code (even though the item is listed as Kid's Club eligible). It tells me that the order doesn't qualify for the former, and that the latter is invalid. Any ideas? I'd love to pick up this set at 47% off Canadian MSRP.
(Assuming you're talking about the Black Pearl)... Sorry, all I can say is that I didn't knowingly do anything special. Could it be because you're ordering from Canada (since you mention Canadian MSRP)? I am a member in the US.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:03 pm

brickhoarder wrote:
QuagsireQing wrote: ...the 20% off code isn't working for me, nor is my 30% Kid's Club Welcome code (even though the item is listed as Kid's Club eligible). It tells me that the order doesn't qualify for the former, and that the latter is invalid. Any ideas? I'd love to pick up this set at 47% off Canadian MSRP.
(Assuming you're talking about the Black Pearl)... Sorry, all I can say is that I didn't knowingly do anything special. Could it be because you're ordering from Canada (since you mention Canadian MSRP)? I am a member in the US.
I am talking about the Black Pearl, yes. I've never seen a coupon code be exclusive to the U.S. before.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:32 pm

chenwaa123 wrote:Anyone know if B&N ever stocks the Modular Buildings? It would be great if the new Town Hall showed up with a 10% discount like the other new releases.
BN has never stocked modular buildings.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:44 pm

QuagsireQing wrote:
brickhoarder wrote:
I am talking about the Black Pearl, yes. I've never seen a coupon code be exclusive to the U.S. before.
20% off was for members only, so 15% off should work for you. And the kids club issue you are having has been addressed on the previous page. The kids club coupons are basically not working.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:56 pm

QuagsireQing wrote:
I've never seen them there. They don't tend to stock sets that cost more than $100 USD. Queen Anne's Revenge and Robie House are a couple of rare exceptions.
I disagree and would not characterize this as rare because we have seen clone turbo tank, venator, mindstorm nxt 8527, mindstorm nxt 8547, gunship, hogwarts castle, falcon, republic frigate, excavator, fire temple and I am sure there is maybe one or two more that I forgot.

They generally carry the entire line of licence products minus exclusives but here were definitely exceptions - only ones I can think off that BN did not carry was the 6211 star destroyer ($100) in 2006 and 7662 MTT ($100) in 2007 for the star wars line. My memory is starting to fail me because I cannot remember where I got these sets if not from BN.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:44 pm

ricefields wrote:I disagree and would not characterize this as rare because we have seen clone turbo tank, venator, mindstorm nxt 8527, mindstorm nxt 8547, gunship, hogwarts castle, falcon, republic frigate, excavator, fire temple and I am sure there is maybe one or two more that I forgot.
You're right, good point. I forgot about those, since I don't usually go for licensed series.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:52 pm

I noticed most of the Friends sets are no longer 10% off. I believe only Olivias Tree House and the Beauty Shop remain with the extra discount. I can't decide if 20% is good enough for me to get some of the smaller sets (dog show, convertible and $10 sets) that we don't have yet. I have a membership so shipping is free. Maybe I should see if they have them in-store as I could also get my 10% member discount.
Last edited by atmail35 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brickhoarder
Peasant
Peasant

Post by brickhoarder » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:33 pm

Sorry to bump the thread with bad news but in case anyone's interested, the Black Pearl 4184 on BN.com with 10% off and allowing the 20% members' coupon disappeared from the site a day or two ago and I just received an email saying my order is cancelled. They "apologize for any inconvenience" and look forward to my next visit. Hmm...

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:55 pm

brickhoarder wrote:Sorry to bump the thread with bad news but in case anyone's interested, the Black Pearl 4184 on BN.com with 10% off and allowing the 20% members' coupon disappeared from the site a day or two ago and I just received an email saying my order is cancelled. They "apologize for any inconvenience" and look forward to my next visit. Hmm...
They must`ve had limited quantities. Mine shipped out yesterday night.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:25 pm

X-wing is gone. Darn it! Couldn't get it for 30% off at Toysrus either.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:17 am

I am sure they will re-stock soon - just a matter of time.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:54 am

I got a members coupon today good through 3/11.... there is a printable for 20% off on top of the 10% member discount when you use it in-store, but I can't figure out how to post it here without my e-mail appearing in the url. :crazy:

20% off Y8M9F8X is vaild on-line, B&N Membership required
15% off L4R3A4X on-line for non-members

BOTH THROUGH 3/11

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:18 am

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/pImage ... hannel.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;